Livingston Academy (11-1) at Smith County (11-1

Antwan

He was limping at the end of the game, but it was feeling good enough to throw the game winning touchdown. He'll be at 100% by friday night.

825431324[/snapback]

He is ok, everyone just overreacted about it. All he did was get hit on the back of the calf and all he had was a frog in his calf. He will be ready by Friday night.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith County is one to talk Twan, I sat next to a Smith County fan who stood and cheered while a Portland player was on the ground!  It wasn't the I'm happy my team is winning cheer neither, it was the I hope he's out of the game cheer!  THAT IS CLASS or at least the last three letters of class anyways!

825430239[/snapback]

Hahaha, Yeah.. Im like that, Portland shuqs.. Nuff Said?

Man, I hope this thread dosen't get off on that " my coach is better than your coach and if your team had so and so I would like to see how good they would be " type of thing. I feel as if both teams have excellent coaching staffs and I would personally like to congratulate both staffs. May the best team win. By the way, did Smith County's quarterback hurt his ankle and if so how bad is it?  :unsure:

825431292[/snapback]

Good Post.

There's no question LA has all the talent, but can the coaches find the best ways to exploit the owl def and off ?? It comes down to a chess match between the coaches because there's no question that both teams play with alot of heart the team best prepared wins this game. The winner gets to host rd. 4 Good Luck to both teams should be a great game.

825431184[/snapback]

Thats what I was wondering. How do they determine who gets to play at home for round 4? Is it by seeding, record or what? I know this much. Regardless of who wins between LA/Smith or Fulton/AE we are gonna have a freak awesome matchup.

I have went to almost all of Smith County's games and I feel that you have a much better chance against them if you pass the ball. Trousdale gave them a good dose of passing and came away with a win. Portland starting throwing late in the game and put themselves in the position to have a chance at winning the game.

Agreed fan.....WOW!!!!

What both of these teams have accomplished this year is something. Both teams are extremely well coached...play with tons of heart...and just flat out find ways to get the job done. Whichever team comes out of this weeks game with a WIN deserves it. Heck....the team that loses this game probably deserves to win it. Just look at what both of these teams have accomplished this year. Both teams 11-1. This matchup promises to be a good hard hitting game. They say it's hard to beat a good team twice in the same season....Then along came last night!!!! I say that must mean that our two teams are GREAT high school football teams this year. I'm sure the team that comes out Victorious in this game will represent the strength of our fine region well.....AT HOME in the SEMI-FINALS!!!

GO BIG OWLS!!!

I have went to almost all of Smith County's games and I feel that you have a much better chance against them if you pass the ball. Trousdale gave them a good dose of passing and came away with a win. Portland starting throwing late in the game and put themselves in the position to have a chance at winning the game.

825431439[/snapback]

TC spread SC out and ran the football the majority of the game. P-town runs the ball probably close to 85 to 90% of the time. The plays that P-town were successful on last night.....SC had good coverage & almost sacked the QB on both big plays. #10 just threw strikes on those plays. LA has won 11 games this year pounding the football down people's throats. To win most big games...you have to be able to throw the football with success. Note that SC had 0 passing yards in the previous meeting with LA. May the best team win.

This is sure to be a great 3rd round game. Everyone remembers last years game with Macon Co. right? Well I believe both teams are going to come out with a well coached game plan. Week 2 the Wilson Cates Show almost pulled it out but fell short winded. Is the Livingston team ready to step up and run the show or will it be Smith Co. Defence that takes over. I hope to see a big turn out for this game. I would love to see 3 deep at the fences like at MCHS last year. Get your tickets early if you don't want to stand in line because I'm expecting a full house. Good Luck to all coaches and players in this game. There are alot of emotions in this one so lets keep it clean.

Well last week a picked the correct score, maybe I can do it again. Stay tuned for my score pick later in the week. LOL

Smith Co. - 12

Portland 7

Smith Co. - ?

Livingston - ?

Offence sells tickets Defence wins CHAMPIONSHIPS

Edited by glover

in yalls opinon who has the more dominant back sc wilemore and dyer or LA VAUGHN AND (THE TRAIN) COLSON who does everyone think is the better pair or backs???????

825431042[/snapback]

After checking the stats I would have to say that SC has the better backs. When LA played Portland (week 7 or 8) Colson and Vaughn combined for 188 yards in 39 carries. In Round 2 of the playoffs when Smith County played Portland Wilmore had 188 yds in 31 carries and Dyer added 43 yards in 7 carries.

During thier previous meeting (week 2) the passing game was not a factor (both teams combined 1 of 9, 7 yards).

If this game comes down to a smashmouth running game, I'll take Smith County. Besides, they definetely have the best Defense in the Region and one of the Best in the State.

DEFENSE WINS BALLGAMES!!!!!!!