DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game has the makings of a great one. both teams are extremely athletic. dca's chris wooden will be the most explosive and powerful back mp has played against. he runs alot like ruddle does for us except that he gets it running forward instead of having to start sideways like ruddle. trust me mp, if you don't wrap him up, you can't tackle him. ruddle hit him one time on a blitz and i thaught he was gonna tear wooden's head off but he didn't wrap up and wooden didn't fall down and ran it in for a td. their qb is the most underrated qb in the state. he made one mistake when he got the saftey but other than that, he was lights out. wc also had some tremendous success with the sweep which mp runs great. the key to getting some yards on dca is to let their aggressiveness play agaisnt them and try to get em' out of position. i believe that mp can have some success runnig around them more than they can running it at them. dca played very well agaisnt cpa's run offense but cpa mainly is a passing team that runs the draw a lot. they don't really try to run on the edge that much. that is where wc had most of their success.

here are my keys to mp winning the game.

1. the tigers must hold onto the ball on offense and force dca to turn it over a time or two on defense.

2. wrap chris wooden up.

3. get pressure on the qb but keep outside contain on him. he can scramble really well.

4. dca can score almost every time they get the ball so mp's offense will have to put up 35 or more to win.

if mp can do these things, they can win. i think i might just have to make the ride to mp so see this one.

4NASHPRIVATES, I HOPE YOU REALIZE YOU ARE TRASH TALKING ABOUT A GROUP OF KIDS THAT WE LOVE IN THIS TOWN. OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE TO BE A KID YOURSELF. YOU HAVE ALREADY CROSSED THE LINE AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, BUT YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE IT PERSONEL WITH ALL MP FANS. WIN OR LOSE FRIDAY NIGHT YOU ARE THE ONLY LOSER ON THIS WEB-SITE. DONT WANT YOUR PIZZA SAVE YOUR MONEY, HOWEVER WE CAN SHOW YOU WHAT WE DO DOWN HERE IN MT PLEASANT, STARTING BY PUTTING YOU IN YOUR PLACE, OR WILL THE ALL GIRL COLLEGE YOU ATTEND LET YOU LEAVE? FIRE AWAY TIGERS!!!!

4NashPrivates

Why don't you take the money your daddy is giving you for fraternity dues that you are going to spend on Pizza for Mount Pleasant football and donate it to your Private School Alma Mater in your own honor. I am sure your vanity and pride would appreciate that. In fact, I bet you have an alumni scholorship named after you for your integrity and compassion toward all human beings. I am sure you are making that academic institution proud of their product in you. Congratulations, 4NashPrivates!

Good Luck at the Keg Party at the Frat house This week. Oh, my fault, you probably still live at home with mom and dad and attend a prestigious Junior College in the Big City such as Nashville Auto Diesel College or Nashville Tech. "Let's put them in their place!"

Don't under estimate the Tiger run defense against Wooden. Landers got most of his yards in the 1st half when the primary concern was the pass. And if DCA had trouble with the Wayne Co veer, then I'm sure Coach Smith will have the crew (regardless of Theo's health) running counter after counter.

It's a shame that either of these teams will have to start b-ball practice this time next week. But, anybody here in Nashville that has been to 'tha Jungle' knows that Mt. Pleasant (team and fans) will be on fire.

BOLD PREDICTION: Fenwick will have more rushing yards than Wooden

MP 28

DCA 17

This is the third week in a row that all we're going to hear "is what Mt Pleasant will have to deal with".  If we had listened to all that jargon, we wouldn't even have beaten that fine "5-5 ""squad from FRA.  Well....... what was that outcome???????  Then it started last week, our "pass defense" will be our downfall against the superb "9-2" boys from CPA, whose "ONLY" losses had come at the hands of Riverdale and DCA.  Heck, in our own local newspaper, we didn't even get any recognition, all they could print was the same thing I'm reading now.  The point I'm trying to make, is cut the bull ____, and come on down.  We'll deal with these "far superior boys" one quarter of football at a time. :D

825431141[/snapback]

I think yall will have to deal more than a quarter at a time. If you wait untill the 4th quarter to get going against DCA the game will be over. I don't think they will wear down like CPA did. Good luck though! I would like to see yall win! Just being realistic.

How about all of Mt. Pleasant's fans be quiet about the 4NashPrivates. Everyone is given their own opinions and if you don't like it, get over it. It's really annoying to watch this senseless argument over who is going to win a football game. He did go over the line with the pizza after the game but still just be quiet about it. I know a lot of things are riding on this game and whoever wins will most likely be in the Clinic Bowl. The picks are half and half right now for both teams and stop arguing senselessly. Just shut up and let both teams do the talking at "The Jungle" on Friday.

The topic of the thread is DCA @ Mt Pleasant. Let's talk about that or let's move on.

825433369[/snapback]

Thank you RobJim.

I have not seen MP play this year but have only heard good things about them. I have seen DCA several times and they are for real. DCA's defense is outstanding even with the game WC had against them. Someone earlier is this tread, as well as The Tennessean, mentioned any one running the option would have success against the DCA defense because of what WC did to them. That would only be true if No7 for WC (Ruddle I believe is his name) is running the offense. That kid made their system work. Both of these teams have been shutting teams down all year on defense. I believe they are 1 and 2 in scoring defense in 1A.

Both teams have the recipe for a championship team: Great defense, good running game and can create turnovers.

For MP to win they must play a mistake-free game. DCA is very opportunistic on offense. They have to run with success early and not fall behind. You can't play catch-up passing the ball on the DCA defense.

For DCA to win they need to run well early also to open up the passing game and keep the MP defense on the field. A tired defense makes a tired offense in HS football.

I can't wait for this one