DCA @ Mt. Pleasant-----Battle of the 12-0's

TheScout

Well, let me start by saying congrats to a very good DCA team. You guy's beat us in every aspect of the game tonight, and I will also say right now I think you will win it all. To the TIGERS...Hold your heads high men. You had a GREAT season and we are all so very proud of the way you have represented your highschool and the community of Mt. Pleasant thumb

Everyone knows that you are a much better team than what showed up tonight, so let's put this behind us and build on this great year we have had. To our seniors, THANK YOU! Each and every one of you guy's will be missed and it has truly been an honor watching you all this year. Let's get back in that weight room and start right now for next year!!! Also, thanks to all the coaches. You have lit a fire under this small town and got everyone excited about Mt. Pleasant football again!!! I will NEVER forget this 2004 TIGER team. Thanks for the memories guy's.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the game tonight with my wife and another CPA parent. Really nice atmosphere and stadium. I had predicted DCA 28-14, but it was soon apparent it was not going to be close. DCA is a VERY GOOD football team (they showed me that when they beat CPA earlier in the year).

Congrats to MP seniors (they had a bunch) for a great year they and their fans will always remember. We sat on the MP side and they are great fans.

One suggestion: the MP announcer rarely gives any of the names of the opponents players when they make a play. He needs a spotter because the kids from both sides deserve to have their names called.

As I predicted preseason, I still see a Boyd/DCA finals.

Great season MP!! Maybe one of the best in MP history!! Things just didn't go our way tonight!! DCA is really strong. Their offensive and defensive front was just to strong for MP. That was the first game that MP got whipped at the line and just didn't have an answer! Also was very impressed with the DCA QB! Mp just couldn't find the momentum at all, a few 4th and ones and 3rd and shorts that we got stopped on really hurt! But MP has nothing to hang their heads about, MP is PROUD!! We will all miss the Seniors, such an exciting group!! I think the future is bright for MP football!! Also good luck to DCA!! MP will be back in "05"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought DCA was good, but I didn't know they were this good. The team I saw last year in Murfreesboro has worked hard and improved. The tradition of winning is alive and well in Donelson. If DCA doesn't win it all, I'm putting the hose pipe to the tail pipe! Please play the next two games the way you played tonight.

Before tonight, Mt. Pleasant was 12-0. The Tigers are the 2004 undefeated Region 6 Champions (10-0). No one can take away from this team what they have accomplished. In another place and another time, this team would have been state champions.

The job Walt Smith has done is second to none. Load all the wagons up and hitch them to his man. He's going places.

What a ride! It would have been great to see Mt. Pleasant win them all, but 12 wins were more than anyone could have asked for a few years ago.

Everybody knows that Mt. Pleasant can play baseball and football. They're back on the map. It was a great season.

Well said except for the part about Walt going places. We hope to keep him on the sidelines at MPHS for a long time. He truly has revived football in Mt. Pleasant and you can tell by the crowd and atmosphere that this is what we've been wanting for a long time and I truly believe we are just getting started on a long ride of successful seasons.