CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

LOL, you diss Miller and were trying to convince Oakland to agree with you. We all know your motives. You are obsessed with making your man better than everyone else.

825442578[/snapback]

i was not trying to convince oakland about anything i was voicing my opinion just like you did all year on CC threads sorry but it's my opinion and i gave RD their props they are great and thats in my opinion what makes Miller as good as he is

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cavaliers played a tough game- Riverdale just has so many more weapons. I am proud of the Cavs, they hit them in the mouth a few times. They scored and had two other opportunities within the 10 yard line that they should have scored, but Riverdale's tough defense dug in.

The taunting at the beginning by Riverdale is classless and not needed. They are a great team, they don't need to try to show people up or intimidate with such classless acts. Coach Joslin wouldn't allow his players to do that kind of thing, he has to much respect for the sport and the opposing team.

As I predicted the Cookeville crowd filled the visitors side. Great support from the Cookeville community. The Cavs didn't have the weapons but we have class young men who have been taught respect for the game and the fudamentals. How many penalities did Riverdale have tonight?

I am a Cav fan and thrilled about this years accomplishments. But honestly the Cavs this Friday night step into a totally different arena. We do not have the athletes to defeat Riverdale. We have better atheletes than ever before but Riverdale has athletes every year.

Coach J will have his team ready and will have a good game plan, but if it comes down to athletic ability, Riverdale wins by 3 TDs. Of course that would be a real accomplishments considering they have demolished everyone this year and haven't been scored on since week #2.

The Cavs have nothing to lose and remembering last year-Lincoln Cty went into the same game undeafeated but were upset- so that's the reason they will strap it up next week.

I predict a solid win by Riverdale but Cookeville will compete with intensity, enthusiasim and heart!!!!!

825431313[/snapback]

I called it early in the week!

Cookeville played very well last night. I predicted 28-0 and maybe Cookeville could get a touchdown, and I was close. Cookeville actually did get a touchdown.

Oh, and I've seen Nunley and Miller both play, and I thought Miller was alot better than Nunley when they played us. Miller looked extremely explosive and dangerous. Nunley never seemed to scare me.

What is someone opinion about Riverdale taking the spear back up and going toward Cookeville's players as they were getting ready to kick off and throwing it close or near one of the players.  Then, it looked like they were bumping Cookeville's players.

Throwing the spear in the "R" is one thing, but throwing it toward the opposing player is bad taste and unsportsman..

Cavaliers - you played hard tonight.  As one previous post said - you left on the field. Good Job!!!!!!! thumb

825442580[/snapback]

This is disgusting! I wasn't able to be there, so this is the first I'm hearing of it. I logged on this morning to do exactly as I said I would, and that is congradulate Riverdale on their win. I also said that I would say they are the better team, but that just went out the window after hearing this. Yes, they are a powerful team and deserve to be where they are, but there is NO EXCUSE for this type of behavior at any level!

To my Cavaliers, I am so proud of the team you've been this year! You have proved people wrong almost everytime you've been on the field! More importantly, you've proved that you have CLASS and DIGNITY by not firing back at the Little Indians when they acted like a mob of convicts! Thanks for the ride this season and know that the whole town is proud of you!!

GO CAVS!!

Check your email.

825442913[/snapback]

Just a few things from a Warrior fan. I was disappointed that the Riverdale players threw the spear a second time close to the Cookeville players. I don't agree with it and I can understand why Cookeville fans would be upset. I like how they walk on to the field, it shows confidence and arrogance (Riverdale haters will say mostly arrogance) but put the spear in the R and move on.

Now about the game. There was a poster earlier in the thread that said he wasn't impressed by Miller or Thomas. Saying that Miller is only alittle better than Paxton. Both averaged 7 yards a carry last night, I don't know about you but I will take 7 yards a carry in the 3rd round of the playoffs any day. And Riverdale is not a throwing team so Thomas isn't going to impress you with his passing stats. He does return punts, kickoffs, and playes defensive back. He does things that don't always make it to the stat column.

And that same poster said that "Miller has a better line or talent around him to get him those yards." I agree that Riverdale's line is better than Cookeville's, but Riverdale's line did have a ton of holding penalties which means that Cookeville's D was very good and aggresive and caused the O line to hold. One thing that poster didn't mention was the Riverdale defense. Miller ran for 175 on 24 carries and a TD against a very good defense, while Paxton ran for 24 on 15 carries against a BETTER D! I would say that with those stats Miller is a WAY better back than Paxton. Riverdale's defense gave up a touchdown in over 2 months or 43 quarters to be exact and 58 seconds from being 44. You may not be impressed with Miller, who every time he was stood up and pushed back last night didn't go down even with several Cookeville players trying to tackle him, but you have to admit that he is more than just "alittle better than Paxton". Congratulations to Cookeville players, coaches, and students on a great season and Good Luck to Riverdale next Friday aganist Oak Ridge.

What is someone opinion about Riverdale taking the spear back up and going toward Cookeville's players as they were getting ready to kick off and throwing it close or near one of the players.  Then, it looked like they were bumping Cookeville's players.

Throwing the spear in the "R" is one thing, but throwing it toward the opposing player is bad taste and unsportsman..

Cavaliers - you played hard tonight.  As one previous post said - you left on the field. Good Job!!!!!!! thumb

825442580[/snapback]

All I know is Coach J would never let us do anything like that. Coach J and the Cavs have to much class. I had some respect for Riverdale and Coach Rankin until this happen. That went from some to none.

GO CAVS!!

Just a few things from a Warrior fan.  I was disappointed that the Riverdale players threw the spear a second time close to the Cookeville players.  I don't agree with it and I can understand why Cookeville fans would be upset.  I like how they walk on to the field, it shows confidence and arrogance (Riverdale haters will say mostly arrogance) but put the spear in the R and move on.

Now about the game.  There was a poster earlier in the thread that said he wasn't impressed by Miller or Thomas.  Saying that Miller is only alittle better than Paxton.  Both averaged 7 yards a carry last night, I don't know about you but I will take 7 yards a carry in the 3rd round of the playoffs any day. And Riverdale is not a throwing team so Thomas isn't going to impress you with his passing stats.  He does return punts, kickoffs, and playes defensive back.  He does things that don't always make it to the stat column.

And that same poster said that "Miller has a better line or talent around him to get him those yards."  I agree that Riverdale's line is better than Cookeville's, but Riverdale's line did have a ton of holding penalties which means that Cookeville's D was very good and aggresive and caused the O line to hold.  One thing that poster didn't mention was the Riverdale defense.  Miller ran for 175 on 24 carries and a TD against a very good defense, while Paxton ran for 24 on 15 carries against a BETTER D!  I would say that with those stats Miller is a WAY better back than Paxton.  Riverdale's defense gave up a touchdown in over 2 months or 43 quarters to be exact and 58 seconds from being 44.  You may not be impressed with Miller, who every time he was stood up and pushed back last night didn't go down even with several Cookeville players trying to tackle him, but you have to admit that he is more than just "alittle better than Paxton".  Congratulations to Cookeville players, coaches, and students on a great season and Good Luck to Riverdale next Friday aganist Oak Ridge.

825443045[/snapback]

Smallfries, the guy that posted that was redraider. He was putting down Miller in order to build up his man. The guy has an obsession with his man. He was just upset that Miller did well.

So first Cookeville fans come running their mouth about Riverdale making insane assumptions and guarantees of "28 points on Riverdale's D" and "13 point win" and "Riverdale plays cheap."

Now when Riverdale wins you come on here and give no respect to Riverdale STILL after showing you why they are so feared throughout the state.

Cookeville is a great team, maybe even 2nd best in the state (I woulnd't necessarily say that). But have some respect for other teams. Riverdale is the better team than Cookeville period. No shame in it, because pretty much everyone else is Riverdale's baby boy too. They're not called the U of R in high school football for nothing thumb