CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

'cat,

I echo your sentiments on the crowd. I expected an SRO but we didn't get it. The seats were full but there weren't many people on the fence lines.

It's a long trip for the folks from Cookeville so if they fill up the visitors side that will be real a testament to their devotion.

The 3rd round game at the Pit last year was about as packed as it can get. tremendous atmosphere that I hope we can duplicate tonight. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Cookeville fans are unbelievable.

There ARE teams in football who are coached to attack the player from their legs.  It's not to hurt them, its just a part of offensive blocking scheme.  Controversial, but true.  I highly doubt Rankin just walks up to his OL and goes "hey 330lb LT go after that de's knees and get him out of the game." 

Whatever.  Seems to me that Cookeville fans are getting a bit cocky from being the underdogg and just figure everything to go their way.  Well, if Cookeville does lose, it'll be "Oh Riverdale went after paxtons knees." 

Tonight, I believe that WCHS and the rest of region 4-5A will open their doors to our rehabilitation center for Cookeville players and fans after you see what this years Riverdale team is all about.  And if you win, we will build a golden idol of your entire team.  :P And if you win by 13 or score 28,  :blink:

825440445[/snapback]

You are an idiot. Nbody ever said anything about Riverdale hitting the players knees. I never did and I didn't see anybody else. WILSON CENTRAL LOST TWO WEEKS AGO. GO AWAY. All you do is bash Cookeville on here all the time.

Thank you Riverdale fans, to those of you who are respectful. We will enjoy playing you guys in the game tonight, win or lose. Any team deserves a lot of respect to make it this far. Well, I am leaving early. I have to do some Christmas shopping before the game. I'll see everybody down there.

Cookeville fans will fill up the visitor side tonight-several pep buses are coming from Cookeville!

825441276[/snapback]

Outstanding!! Thar's the way it should be for ANY team that makes it to the post-season. I can't understand why the 'Hawk wasn't full last week. These boys have played hard to get where they are, and they all deserve the support from home!

GO CAV's!!!

I would be willing and honored to join Limbaugh as color analyst for the Warriors next year!!!!!

Do ya have a demo tape? LOL!!!!

Come up and say high tonight!!!

and I hope everyone has a safe trip - leave early - construction is a bear at 840 and I-24

I left the office at 10:00pm Monday night (don't ask...) and got the mile marker 75 at 10:33 - and they were moving barrels and barricades to redirect traffic to other lanes to do work on the bridge - and I left mile marker 75 at 11:05 pm

so - be careful and hope to see ya tonight!!!!!

Outstanding!!  Thar's the way it should be for ANY team that makes it to the post-season.  I can't understand why the 'Hawk wasn't full last week.  These boys have played hard to get where they are, and they all deserve the support from home! 

GO CAV's!!!

825441304[/snapback]

Cookeville should bring a large crow. The visitors side will be pack.

You are an idiot.  Nbody ever said anything about Riverdale hitting the players knees.  I never did and I didn't see anybody else.  WILSON CENTRAL LOST TWO WEEKS AGO.  GO AWAY.  All you do is bash Cookeville on here all the time.

Thank you Riverdale fans, to those of you who are respectful.  We will enjoy playing you guys in the game tonight, win or lose.  Any team deserves a lot of respect to make it this far.  Well, I am leaving early.  I have to do some Christmas shopping before the game.  I'll see everybody down there.

825441255[/snapback]

LOL. You act as though beating Wilson Central means something. There is a big difference between Wilson Central and Cookeville, and there is a HUGE difference between Wilson Central and Riverdale.

You guys beat WCHS by 16. You now think your going to beat Riverdale by 13. :)

BTW, Nice you only read the posts you want to read.

GL to both teams tonight.

You are an idiot.  Nbody ever said anything about Riverdale hitting the players knees.  I never did and I didn't see anybody else.  WILSON CENTRAL LOST TWO WEEKS AGO.  GO AWAY.  All you do is bash Cookeville on here all the time.

Thank you Riverdale fans, to those of you who are respectful.  We will enjoy playing you guys in the game tonight, win or lose.  Any team deserves a lot of respect to make it this far.  Well, I am leaving early.  I have to do some Christmas shopping before the game.  I'll see everybody down there.

825441255[/snapback]

Good luck to both teams but I can tell you from playing for Rankin 20+ years ago----he will have his team hyper focused. BTW----Gary doesn't put up w/ any horseplay and he doesn't let his players show disrespect for the other team. I can guarentee you three things---Riverdale will hit you harder, be in better condition, and be better prepared.

Class 86' SC

I just wanted to first commend all the Cookeville fans first for not only supporting your team, but also doing it in a good and healthy manor. I will make no secret it about it that I want Riverdale to win, but just from reading the papers and learning more about your team, I would love to say Riverdale will win in a blow out but I really doubt it. Halfway through the year I thought to myself it would take a team that had two qualites to beat Riverdale this year. One, they have to be a good passing team, and second, they have to be the ultimate group that plays as a team. I think its safe to say Cookeville falls into that second category. I think as a Riverdale fan and seeing them so dominant all year might explain some of the other fans on here saying RHS will blow Cookeville out. I really don't think any mean any harm in it, its just hard for some to believe a team could actually beat Riverdale this year. You Cookeville fans have more school spirit then any team I have seen on Coach T ever. I think this game could go one of two ways, I think either Riverdale will be to much for Cookeville to handle and win the game 35-7, or second Cookeville brings an array of trick plays and creates three or four turnovers that allow Cookeville to win 14-10. If Cookeville is to win the game, it has to be a very very low scoring, and as you saw last week in the Smyrna game during the first half, its possible to slow Riverdale down by creating turnovers. Anyways I hope my 35-7 prediction is right. Win or lose, I will be back on here tomorrow, hopefully talking about a Riverdale win, but if not congradulating you great fans from Cookeville. Go Warriors!