CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

disgustedfan, you are right that on paper, riverdale has the better team, and yes odds are probably in riverdale's favorite. that being said it is ridiculous to call fuggly and cav43 losers. first of all we are all rooting for the same thing, and second of all i had the privilege to play with both of these guys for a couple of years and they are anything but losers. You say that the only people who would predict a cavalier victory are cav fans with their head in the sand, but my reply is that some of us have given to much to the cav program to turn around and pick against them. Maybe we are being overly optimistic and unobjective, to which ill agree, but HS football is not an objective game. Its a game about heart, passion, and desire. and my heart is with the cavalier team, so they are my pick. riverdale may prove to be to much for the cavs but until then, no one can convince me that the cavs wont win.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts.

Cowana, I certainly don't wish to take anything away from the Cavs. They are an excellent team and I wish them well. But I don't think this will be the hardest game Riverdale "will ever face." Seems like DB and OR might have a few things to say about that.

Who knows what's going to happen? That's why they play the games. But I'd be willing to bet that the U of R emerges victorious. Whatever you do, though, CHS fans, don't give up on your team. You guys seem to have a lot of confidence, and you'll need that.

Paxton is definitely a good back. But number two in the state? Let's be a little more objective than that. And CHS with the second best offense in the state? I find that a bit ridiculous. Not taking anything away from the Cavs, I just think (and I bet most would agree) that there are better out there.

Stats mean nothing once you step out on the field. But they're certainly useful to look at as a fan when making predictions. Teams put up certain numbers for a reason.

My pick:

Riverdale 35

Cookeville 7

It may very well be closer than that.

Its playoff time, man.  Stats are out the window.  As for Franklin County's tailback and Smyrna's, you can't even compare them to Paxton.  He's much better.  Riverdale has played some good teams this year, but so has Cookeville.  This will be the best team Riverdale has faced all season and postseason, and the same goes for Cookeville.  Disgustedfan, you post really disgusted me.  You are turning on the boys just like everybody else.  Have faith.  That seems to be Cookeville's slogan this year.  This is going to be a very good defensive battle.  Both teams come in with great defenses.  Cookeville just has to strap it up and play smashmouth football as they have all season long.  I think this will be a low scoring game and will definately not be a blowout.

825431648[/snapback]

Well said, Cookeville should win "unless they suffer the refrees curse off bad calls I think every Bama fan knows what I mean By that". Roll Tide. Go Cavs

Cookeville 28

Riverdale 14

im thinkin this game will go about the same as the smyrna game did last week....close first half and then the U of R takes over in the second and rolls.....  lol CC fans still talkn about Nunley???  gaston proved he's the #1 back in state last week vs. Smyrna

825433487[/snapback]

look someone asked me who i thought was the best back everyone is entitled to their opinion your's being wrong but i won't hold that against you.

now back to the game.

riverdale is the favorite but Cookeville is the Cinderella of the year this will be a great game

Some of you Cavs fans are hilarious.

It's not the fact that your so optomisitic for Cookeville, it's the fact that most of you don't even have the slightest respect for Riverdale. There is no logical way you can GUARANTEE that Cookeville is going to win by 2 plus touchdowns. You honestly think your going to score 28 on a defense that has given up 8 points in their last ten games? Thats not confidence, thats just plain arrogance. And your assessments about Riverdale always trying to go for other people's knees is stupid. Period. Have any of you ever seen Riverdale play this year? Their record isn't a fluke. Maybe hard to believe, but it isn't.

Having faith is great, like that mother of that player. But all many of you are doing is showing arrogance and stupidity.

Oh, and how do you figure Paxton is the 2nd best runningback in the state. Antioch probably has 2 runningbacks better than him alone, and don't forget about Nunley and Gaston.

I like the confidence the Cookeville fans have in their team. Hopefully no fans out there of a team who makes it all the way to third round who won their region would predict their team to lose by a bunch of points. Its hard for me to make a prediction based on the fact I have never seen Cookeville play. The only thing I can do is go by common opponents and as many of you Cookeville fans pointed out your team has gotten better with each game. Someone pointed out Riverdale's team back in 99 stats wise to this one and how they got upset. Thats a great point but I think you also have to look at the fact Rankin is still a run oriented coach, but has definitley become even more diverse in play calls over the last few years than ever before. I think back to the week 2 matchup with Smyrna on a 3rd down and probabaly 25 with under a minute to go before the half, Rankin threw the ball for a long gain. Up untill around the 2000 season, Riverdale was very predictable and Rankin didn't utilize all his weapons very effectively like he does now. Smyrna showed the blueprint how to beat Riverdale in the first half last week. On defense you have to limit their big plays, and create turnovers which Riverdale will do from time to time. On offense you have to have somewhat of a passing game and go with a balance ball controlled attack which is easier said then done. You MUST, I can't stress this enough, get an early lead on Riverdale. Once they get that first score or break that first big play, its lights out from there. They get more confident, they feed of each other, and more big plays will come from there. This is a big play team. Yes they have long drives but big plays make them go. If Cookeville can cause at least 3 turnovers, not let up any big plays over 50 yards and play ball control football they can win this game. The only problems is only one team has done that to them all year, and it was for one half, and the score was still tied. Being a Riverdale fan, of course I am going to believe my team will win. I still have to go by what Murphy Fair said a few weeks ago that no one in the state is within 3 touchdowns of Riverdale. I like the confidence though Cookeville fans, and I look forward to a great game.

Guest region4fan

WCdogg.....there you go again dogging Cookeville.

Riverdale is phenomenal ....no disputing that. Smyrna proved that they are mortal in their first half of play. The dawgs didn't have the depth to beat the stable of rdale's fresh legs. They obviously had rdale a bit rattled. I remember folk saying last year and the year before that no one could beat Rdale's team yet LC did it twice, DC did it once, and Brentwood AND Germantown took the crowns. It can be done. The looming question is.......has Cookeville got the right combination to do it? Friday night about 9 , we will all know the answer to that. I am proud of both teams for getting to where they are and representing Middle TN so well.

Now this message is for my good buddy riverdale...... Luter is a man of honor. He knew what he did was wrong. HE was man enough to apologize for losing his cool after being provoked and hit in his KNEES all night. The difference between him and other players from rdale is that he KNOWS what he did was wrong......obviously the others are simply creatures of habit and are acting on instinct and instruction.You know....second nature. When Luter was being called out on coacht....he did not respond. He does have a user ID and probably read what was said about him or was told.He was not afraid , but was ashamed of his action( whether justified or not in his eyes and in many others.) Now check that Smyrna/Riverdale thread that got locked.........I think you will see who came on and lost his cool again......he didn't leave it all on the field.

Also......which team keeps getting accused of cheapshots.......????/ You can say all you want about jealousy this and that.........the game film speaks volumes. Of course Linkbaugh won't give us a link for all those. You are the ONLY team that we played that ever said anything about Luter being dirty. NO ONE else in 3 yrs of starting has EVER said otherwise. Now think about that and really be objective.

I know that this will be a great game. Both teams are deserving of any ranking they have and will battle til the end. One will win and one will lose....and yes, I wish either one was us.

Edited by region4fan