CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

ALL RIGHTY THEN!!!! Where's big mouth? I mean bigballer? I guess he doesn't want to play anymore. Good! Now that I've said that, let's get on to the business at hand. First of all, disgustedfan, if you can't say anything good about as you call them, "your team", then save yourself 7 bucks for a ticket and about 10 bucks worth of gas, and stay at home! We don't need any fans like you. I haven't heard you say anything good about CHS, since I've been on this site! I'm even thinking about driving in from Northern VA just to watch my boys play next Friday. When you cut on these boys, you are treading on thin ice. Why? The rest of the Cav fans on this site take that personally, because most of us played at CHS, our Dads played at CHS, some of our sons played or are playing right now at CHS, and Fuggly's little brother is playing there right now. We have been Cavs ALL OUR LIVES!! No matter what the circumstances or their record. So, STAY HOME!

Next, Wilson Central Dogg and any other WC or Lebo fans that have been bashing the Cavs, why don't you stick to something you know about, like say, sitting at the house for the third round of the playoffs! Anyone who thinks this won't be a close game, has lost their mind. The only way it won't is if R'dale does what they always have, and that is go after someone's knees! Don't say they don't, because they have done it ever since I was in school. This is something they really don't want to do to Cookeville, because the first time they try to cut John Ledford's or Gus Paxton's knees out from under them, the Cav's will rip them a new one! This team sticks together and backs each other like no other team in the state. I just don't understand why anyone thinks this is how you play football. To all of the other Cavs on here, keep doing what you're doing right now, and hopefully I will see you next Friday night in the Tomahawk!!

GO CAVS!!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stlrcoach, I couldn't have said it better myself. I thought I was going to be the regulator, as cav43 says, in this one as i was last week in the game vs. Lebanon, but it looks like my other cookeville fanatics have taken things into their own hands on this thread.

As of right now, I don't have much to say. Cookeville fans, don't get too rowled up because some of the people on here are predicting us to lose by a landslide. I mean, come on, how many times this season did everybody say the same things. I look as some of these posts and just laugh because I wonder what medication some of these people should or shouldn't be taking. We have proved them wrong all season long, so let's just continue on that path.

Now, as for the game is concerned. As I said before.....this is the best team we have played all year. In order for us to win, we have to play perfect. Here are my thoughts: 1. NO TURNOVERS. We have done well with this all season long, so lets keep it up. 2. CAUSE TURNOVERS. Our offense has to control the ball and manage the clock. If we get up early, this may be vital. 3. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FIELD POSITION. If we are in the redzone, come out with a touchdown. Do not settle with a fieldgoal. Same goes with defense. If we have them backed up in their own territory, keep them there so our offense has good starting field position. 4. PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION. Guys, I slapped that sign in the field house 32 times. Each time was before a friday night game weather it was leaving to go to an away game or if it was at home. They always told us not to slap it if you are not going to do it. Same goes for you guys. You've done it all season long, so keep it up.

Finally, to the cookeville faithful, and NEW cookeville fans for this week....you gotta believe. Cookeville will be prepared to play perfect on Friday night. Coach J is a stellar coach, and I have faith in him and the boys. Get ready for a nailbiter on Friday night, because this one will come down to the final few minutes of the game.

I don't know much about the Cookeville team but obviously they are pretty talented to make it to round 3. I think Riverdale can be beat because they seem to be making alot of penalties every game but their offense makes up for the mistakes. That will eventually come back to bite them if they don't cut back on the penalties. I still think Riverdale takes this round 3 game by 17 points. Nothing personal against Cookeville but they are playing at Riverdale. Good Luck to both teams.

I like the way the Cav fans are talking, with one exception. Any one that thinks Riverdale goes after player's knees is crazy. They don't have to resort to that to win. Riverdale talks a lot, I'll admit, but from what I have seen the dirty hits are usually directed at the Warrior players.

Keep on backing your team, Cookeville fans. Riverdale will not be overlooking the Cavs, and I know your boys only have one game on their minds. The Warriors should win, but we all know things don't always go like they should.

Keep runnin your little mouths. Friday is the day (your season ends). Cookeville should be commended on their season for having their best season in school history, but unfortunatley all good things must come to the end. You know what i think is funny? Its that all week leading up to the game every team wants to get on here and talk crap about beating Riverdale when they know inside they are scared to DEATH, i would be. Coming into THOMAShawk stadium where the Warriors are 33-2 all time and have never lost a playoff game there (13-0), and playing the states #1 ranked team with a perfect 12-0 record, with 2 Mr. Football finalist on the team, a defense that has 8 shutouts and has gone 42 straight quarters without allowing an opposing team to get into the endzone (not since week 2).The offense is averaging about 45 points a game and are beating there opponents by almost 40 a game. So i know that deep inside their precious cavalier hearts they are absolutley scared to death, so if running your mouth makes you feel any better than please do so.

I'm a mom of a former 2002 CHS football player. There is nothing like the game. Most of my favorite moments have been watching my son play. Win or Lose. I've been his biggest fan. I love the game of football. I would rather watch a good game of football then a "chick flick". I've been reading the comments on some of the forums. I recognize who some of the players are from Cookeville. Hey Kegg and Sadler!! Love you guys! As great as the 2002 CHS season was, and they were great , this years CHS team is awesome. The defense is so beautiful to watch, it can bring tears to the eyes. These guys have giving all their mind, heart, body, soul and strength to this team. Not counting the offense, and the quick mind of Ledford and the strength and speed of Paxton. As great a season as Riverdale has had, this will be the hardest game they will ever play. I believe that CHS has as good a chance to beat Riverdale as they have of beating us. In case some of the players will see this, " You guys are awesome and you have a tremendous amount of support from Cookeville!!!!!!!"

Oh poo...scared to death...right....Oh my look at those intimidating stats...oh goodness....

You want some stats?

10-0 with PF 485 and PA 56 in 2004 regular season...playing 3rd round against 1st seed....

10-0 with PF 432 and PA 66 in 1999 regular season...lost FIRST round against 4th seed...

Go ahead and put all your faith in those stats...go ahead and believe those stats are going to win football games for you....just like 1999....

The Cavaliers aren't interested in your stats....they only want to know if you can play football with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep runnin your little mouths. Friday is the day (your season ends). Cookeville should be commended on their season for having their best season in school history, but unfortunatley all good things must come to the end. You know what i think is funny? Its that all week leading up to the game every team wants to get on here and talk crap about beating Riverdale when they know inside they are scared to DEATH, i would be. Coming into THOMAShawk stadium where the Warriors are 33-2 all time and have never lost a playoff game there (13-0), and playing the states #1 ranked team with a perfect 12-0 record, with 2 Mr. Football finalist on the team, a defense that has 8 shutouts and has gone 42 straight quarters without allowing an opposing team to get into the endzone (not since week 2).The offense is averaging about 45 points a game and are beating there opponents by almost 40 a game. So i know that deep inside their precious cavalier hearts they are absolutley scared to death, so if running your mouth makes you feel any better than please do so.

825432887[/snapback]

Cav43 and strlcoach-you boys need to wake up and learn to read. I didn't say anything negative about the Cavs in my post. Quote one negative thing I have said about the Cavs on this thread. I have commended them and excited about their season. I stated that Coach J will have a good game plan. I said we have better atheletes than we have ever had. Gosh, you guys need to learn to read!!!!!!

This is a thread about opinions- and my opinion is Riverdale will win. I hope they don't, but on paper they have the better team. Anyone else but Cav fans that have their head in the sand will agree with that assesment!

Riverdale is ranked #1 in the state, haven't been scored on since week #2, ranked #10 in the nation -so on paper we are not as good. But that is why I said you strap them up on Fridays and play, you never know what might happen at game time.

Now if you two boys will grow up and learn to look at things constructively life will be a lot more enjoyable for you!!!!!!

Also for your information. The Cavs have played tremendously all year as the underdogs in every game. The one thing we have in our favor is that we once again are the underdogs and have nothing to lose.

By the way losers take everything personal much like you two and winners look at things objectively and expect the best!!!!!!

ok look, all fighting aside Riverdale has to relize that Cookeville in my opion has the number 2 back in the whole state in Gus Paxton, and they have the second best offense in the state next to well Riverdale. i have seen them play twice this year and the defense has only gotten better as the year has progressed. so don't be predicting scores like 40 something to zero because it won't happen, but also Cookeville you do have to remember who your playing Wilson Central and Lebanon are good teams but they are no Riverdale, if both teams play their best this will be a nail biter but all it takes is one slip and it's over for either team. thumb

ANY team can be beat in the playoffs and R'dale knows this. Anyone remember last year when R'dale was NOT suppose to have a chance at Lincoln County who was Number 1 in the state then and had already beat R'dale AT R'dale earlier in the year.

No one on either side is taking this game for granted and that is how it should be.

Last Friday night I was really proud of the Smyrna fans as they showed up and really supported their team. They were even louder than the R'dale fans were. I think most of R'dales fans were in shock that the game was going like it was.

Anyway I am looking for a really good game this Friday night and seeing the Cavs fan support and to actually see a team I have not had the fortune to watch yet this year.

ok look, all fighting aside Riverdale has to relize that Cookeville in my opion has the number 2 back in the whole state in Gus Paxton, and they have the second best offense in the state next to well Riverdale. i have seen them play twice this year and the defense has only gotten better as the year has progressed. so don't be predicting scores like 40 something to zero because it won't happen, but also Cookeville you do have to remember who your playing Wilson Central and Lebanon are good teams but they are no Riverdale, if both teams play their best this will be a nail biter but all it takes is one slip and it's over for either team. thumb

825433236[/snapback]

Who's the #1 back in the state?