CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

This is the best time of year! I like what you said Riverdale, both teams have won their way here. And it is high school football and anything can happen. I assure you that both teams deserve respect for that alone. Yes, Riverdale has been a powerhouse in football for as long as I can remember and they do deserve respect because they have earned it. You can't argue that. They don't win by flukes, they have great athletes and coaching. They do things right. As for Cookeville, we have been the underdogs and no one respects us and until we do something like beat a Riverdale we still won't get it. Our guys have played extremely well this season and the players and coaches have done a tremendous job. I am proud to be a Cavalier and I am proud of our team. You guys have done things that many people thought you couldn't. Keep playing hard and giving it your all as you have all year and you have a chance to do something again that people said that you couldn't. I believe that we have a great chance to come out with a win, but as everyone knows, it isn't going to be easy. Everyone in Cookeville is proud of you. Now let's go and get that respect by beating the mighty Warriors on their field. It should be a great game, I am looking forward to watching it on Friday night. GO CAVS!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we we are another week of high school football and another week when someone says Riverdale will get upset. There are 8 teams left in 5A and all have earned there spot in the third round. Cookeville has had a great season and they are playing great football right now, you should be. I have heard what people think about Cookeville and this is what I take from it: they have a stud on defense that is a monster and he is surrounded by 10 guys that fight to get to the ball. There offense is big and strong up front and they use that to their advantage, they run the ball straight down your throat. They have a couple of playmakers on offense but won't put up huge numbers. Overall they win and they won't come on the field and ooohh and awwwe you they just beat your butt and send you home. I think this will be a great game and it will be the greatest test for either team thus far. Riverdale is strong against the run and has an explosive offense. Riverdale had a good test friday and should be ready to pick it up a notch on this week. Cookeville can beat Riverdale but if the warriors play like they can then they will move on. Riverdale has speed that Cookville has never seen before. One mistake and Riverdale is out the gate with a score. Should be a great game but I think the warriors are too much for the Caves.

21-0

is riverdale a running team or a throwing team? The key to cookeville winning is creating some turnovers ( which they have been doing well recently 13 ints in the last 4 games) and then taking advantage of them. against a defense as good as riverdales, cookeville probably wont be able to maintain long drives so they need to take advantage of good field position. also, they need about 2 big plays ( a long paxton run, defense score, etc.) As fast as gus is, if he can get into open space, he has a chance of taking it all they way, which is an improvement from past cav teams. Bottom line is CHS has to play near perfect on friday, if they do, then they can advance

Here we we are another week of high school football and another week when someone says Riverdale will get upset. There are 8 teams left in 5A and all have earned there spot in the third round. Cookeville  has had a great season and they are playing great football right now, you should be. I have heard what people think about Cookeville and this is what I take from it: they have a stud on defense that is a monster and he is surrounded by 10 guys that fight to get to the ball. There offense is big and strong up front and they use that to their advantage, they run the ball straight down your throat. They have a couple of playmakers on offense but won't put up huge numbers. Overall they win and they won't come on the field and ooohh and awwwe you they just beat your butt and send you home. I think this will be a great game and it will be the greatest test for either team thus far. Riverdale is strong against the run and has an explosive offense. Riverdale had a good test friday and should be ready to pick it up a notch on  this week. Cookeville can beat Riverdale but if the warriors play like they can then they will move on. Riverdale has speed that Cookville has never seen before. One mistake and Riverdale is out the gate with  a score. Should be a great game but I think the warriors are too much for the Caves.

21-0

825434670[/snapback]

Great post. Cookeville is a good team, but Riverdale is a step above the rest. I reall think Riverdale will pull away. Cookeville has not faced a team with spped and athletes that Riverdale has. Riverdale by 28.

is riverdale a running team or a throwing team?  The key to cookeville winning is creating some turnovers ( which they have been doing well recently 13 ints in the last 4 games) and then taking advantage of them. against a defense as good as riverdales, cookeville probably wont be able to maintain long drives so they need to take advantage of good field position. also, they need about 2 big plays ( a long paxton run, defense score, etc.) As fast as gus is, if he can get into open space, he has a chance of taking it all they way, which is an improvement from past cav teams.  Bottom line is CHS has to play near perfect on friday, if they do, then they can advance

825434776[/snapback]

Riverdale is a running team with passing capabilities. They have good receviers but they generally throw it 5-10 a game. You can't load up the line and say stop the run because they can throw it.

That's what this team is about.  It's all about heart.  That was Brian Jernigan, the nose guard.  He is a prime example of what that team has.  They all play together, and help each other out on every play.  I was a senior on that team as well.  Wish I could have that one back.

825434403[/snapback]

Great post!!!!!!!!! Fuggly63. My son was QB that year. And it was all heart!

Great post!!!!!!!!! Fuggly63. My son was QB that year. And it was all heart!

825434857[/snapback]

I for one would do anything to have another shot at playing under the friday night lights!! As for these seniors..you dont know what you are missing until its already gone. It seems like no one picks yall to win except us former team mates who beleive in you!! You cant lay down...go out and hit them in the mouth first and i bet they will fold! Do it for all the alumni's up in the stands that would give their right arm to be where you are. Either way..we are proud of everyone of you!!

Cookeville-9

Riverdale-7

I agree with everyone on this page except vols#1 guy. Smyrna is out, at home, pads are packed up and our tailback might not be going to UT but for his size he has more heart and ability than anyone Smyrna could ever put of the field.

For the record I am not afraid of Riverdale but I do respect their legacy, their coaching, their atheltic ability and their season record. I don't think being a Cav fans means that I must lose my respect for other teams even if they are playing the Cavs!!!

I expect the Cavs to give it all they have-in fact they did that last year against Riverdale. But last year they had more to give than we had and eventually won. If that is the case again this year the results will be the same, but that's why we will play them on Friday night.

This Cav team is unique and if anyone can compete and defeat Riverdale these young men can!

Go Cavs!

"You have lost all credibility on this forum. You also stated that CC was a top 20 team.  Nunley is a good back. Very few people outside CC would say he is the best back in the state. Region 4 has many backs better than Nunley. Also, don't forget Coker out of Antioch. Nunley got his yds, but many posters besides me have pointed out how he got them and who he got them against. Nunley is a class kid and I hope he gets Mr Football. Fotunate for Nunley, the votes were in before CC played Lebanon. Be happy of your 6-5 record. Very good for CC.

Hokie, excellent post!" Wingman 10

look when i called cc a top twenty team i was mad and i agree they are not but they have turned the program around from not winning a game to having two winning seasons in a row and you wingman 10 can not handle that.

in my opinion nunley is the best back, maybe it's because i haven't seen Coker but none the less nunley is the best back i have seen this year but i will say i have not seen everyone of them and i'm not saying someone is better than him until i see them in person.

thumb