CHS vs. Riverdale

blueraiders1

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disgustedfan i hope you will soon change your mind and believe that the Cookeville Cavaliers will beat the "Mighty U of R." And last years team had so much HEART you would know not what do with it. d'fan did you also know that the 03 Cav senoirs were the first class at CHS to make the playoffs all 3 varsity years. Please remember that when you think about that team. I also hope that you will be able to go to the game and support the Cavaliers, because the Warrior fans are loud and rowdy. stlrcoach thankyou for your support even though you are in Virginia. If i find a webcast for the game i will post it for you, but you might want to check on this website for in game updates. I wish you could be at the game it is Cavalier History.

Good Luck Cavs beating Riverdale is not impossible.

825435528[/snapback]

You are correct. Beating Riverdale is not impossible.

But I don't see how Cookeville plans on doing it. All I've read for 9 pages is if we play a mistake-free game, if we can create turnovers, if Paxton can break a long run, if Riverdale take the game lightly, if we play with heart, if we don't play scared, if we hit them in the mouth, they'll back down, if,if, if.....

Bottom line is the last 10 opponents that played Riverdale had the same plan and rarely got in field goal distance. Everyone will agree that heart is an intangible that can't be measured but c'mon! Does Cookeville have more desire and heart than Oakland, Smyrna, Lincoln County, Wilson Central, Blackman etc. ? And don't think for a moment that Riverdale isn't going in with the same intensity if not more. More than sheer determination and heart is going to determine the winner Friday night. No one has come close to shutting down Riverdale's offense all season except for Lebanon in a monsoon. And they won that game by 34. I realize that Cookeville has gotten better as the season has gone on. But doesn't every team get at least a little better game by game?

In case you don't think Riverdale has gotten better since game 1, look at this:

W48-28

W65-20

W49-0

W34-0

W38-2

W62-0

W48-0

W56-6

W41-0

W44-0

W41-0

W35-0

Some teams were better than others but the point is their worst offensive game matched with their worst defensive game still spells victory. And it ain't likely that at this point of the season that they'll play that bad on offense AND defense in the same game with everything on the line. Not impossible. But definitely not likely. I expect a good game Friday night but having played Cookeville last year, I don't think emptying the playbook is going to work this time around. Won't give a prediction other than big plays and bigger hits. And I think I know which team will have more. thumb

But I don't see how Cookeville plans on doing it. All I've read for 9 pages is if we play a mistake-free game, if we can create turnovers, if Paxton can break a long run, if Riverdale take the game lightly, if we play with heart, if we don't play scared, if we hit them in the mouth, they'll back down, if,if, if.....

Bottom line is the last 10 opponents that played Riverdale had the same plan and rarely got in field goal distance. Everyone will agree that heart is an intangible that can't be measured but c'mon! Does Cookeville have more desire and heart than Oakland, Smyrna, Lincoln County, Wilson Central, Blackman etc. ? And don't think for a moment that Riverdale isn't going in with the same intensity if not more. More than sheer determination and heart is going to determine the winner Friday night. No one has come close to shutting down Riverdale's offense all season except for Lebanon in a monsoon. And they won that game by 34. I realize that Cookeville has gotten better as the season has gone on. But doesn't every team get at least a little better game by game?

W48-28

W65-20

W49-0 

W34-0

W38-2

W62-0

W48-0

W56-6

W41-0

W44-0

W41-0

W35-0

Some teams were better than others but the point is their worst offensive game matched with their worst defensive game still spells victory. And it ain't likely that at this point of the season that they'll play that bad on offense AND defense in the same game with everything on the line. Not impossible. But definitely not likely. I expect a good game Friday night but having played Cookeville last year, I don't think emptying the playbook is going to work this time around. Won't give a prediction other than big plays and bigger hits. And I think I know which team will have more. thumb

825435878[/snapback]

I think Cookeville has more heart than anybody that Riverdale has played this year. They are playing for a city itself and because they have never been this close to any kind of championship. Most of the people in that city will be there to root for a Cavalier victory.

if cookeville scores it will have to be on a long pass play....Riverdale's defense has more pride than anyone i have seen..... that streak means just as much as anything else right now....most teams would be thrilled with a score of 35-7 but if that would have happened last week...Riverdale's D would not have walked off that field happy. I hope Cookeville has a good kicker because my guess is thats the only way they will be scoring...everyone talks about their high powered offense....but with their defense most teams could shut down their offense and still lose because no matter what some of you think... are goin to give up one or two big plays to dave or gaston and thats all it takes.

I think Cookeville has more heart than anybody that Riverdale has played this year.  They are playing for a city itself and because they have never been this close to any kind of championship.  Most of the people in that city will be there to root for a Cavalier victory.

825435926[/snapback]

I hope most of the city does come to the game. The players deserve nothing less than a standing room only, rowdy, loud crowd for this game.

W48-28

W65-20

W49-0 

W34-0

W38-2

W62-0

W48-0

W56-6

W41-0

W44-0

W41-0

W35-0

825435878[/snapback]

Looks like they are due to me. <_<

O----kay, like I have said before I am looking forward to a really good game by BOTH teams this Friday night.

Here are some facts to consider though.

Fact 1. For the first time in the history of the school R'dale has TWO offensive lines that can start. This means they do NOT get wore out by having to play BOTH ways. There is a completely different Defensive line that plays and they are deep too!

Fact 2. For folks that want to talk about defense, R'dale's has been averaging one touchdown per game by itself.

R'dale has LOTS of ways it can beat teams and they use them ALL!

As for the earlier comment about "Punching" them in the mouth first, we had enough of that last week. Can we just play FOOTBALL this week?

My only hope is both teams play good hard, mistake free football so EVERYONE can enjoy the game.

Y'all come on down and enjoy the game.

Speaking of traffic jams...

There is construction on I-24 from 840 to exit 78. It is very backed up there from about 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, and is at it's worst on Fridays. Don't try to cut it too close if you plan to come in across 840. That stretch is only about four miles but sometimes it is at a dead stop.

It's the 3rd round of the playoffs, this will be a great game. Everybody that makes it this far deserves to be here, has a great team, and is on a roll. The teams are very different, but both play great defense so it should be a lot of fun.

Gonna be jaw-to-jaw, cheek-to-cheek, big man on big man.

Can't wait....