Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the weather is better than last year - although the snow was pretty - wasn't it???

And if it gets cold we will just have to go back to that tried-and-true Riverdale-Oak Ridge  tradition - hot chocolate - we have shared some good cups of hot chocalate together over the years - haven't we????

825442603[/snapback]

What? Take your Martha Stuart hot chocolate confessions to hotchocolatet.com...

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I just wanted to give my pennies worth..first I was at the Cookeville Riverdale game, sat with some very nice Riverdale fans...again when they came to Gallatin the fans were always nice....I sit on the visitors side at home (always have) anyways here we go....I thought I saw a way to beat Riverdale it involves NOT running the ball...forget about it no matter what backfield you RUN you will not be successful against this defense....To stop them offensively contain 9 to the middle of the field do not let him get outside or you are toast. To stop Miller..aka Barry Sanders....you have to tackle him with the first man who hits him...he broke so many first hits tonight I felt sorry for Cookevilles D......Now to beat this defense Cookeville showed the kink in the armour....PASS and not just deep passes but ball control passes maybe shotgun with quick hits to post patterns the secondary was the only weak spot I could see in what has to be the BEST DEFENSE I have ever seen including the 91 Oak Ridge Wildcats with Howard and Summers....So to say Riverdale can't be beat is crazy to say it can be beat has not been proven...all I can say is it will be a tough game off 231 next week.

If we get beat by Riverdale we will be underacheivers so no my tune has not changed at all we cannot let this opportunity pass us by because you never know when you will have this much talent again. Last year we underacheived. This year it seems we are all getting on the same page coaches and players alike. GO CATS

825442586[/snapback]

Thanks for the extreme disrespect of the effort by last year's seniors. I'm sorry, those guys left it all on the field that game. They DID NOT underachieve.

Brother are you afraid of Oakland also, you also don't speak for most Oak Ridge folk I hope. I speak for Catscratch and  no one else. I have seen every Riverdale game we have played plus all the Oakland games, but I am sure you have also.

825442601[/snapback]

But of course I have. I was just wondering, two weeks ago you were questioning whether our kids believed in themseleves (your quote "coach the players to believe in the themselves and the Oak Ridge Football Tradition") but now you think they do. Did it happen in the last two weeks? No matter, I am just glad you are back on board supporting your Wildcats. And if you think these kids are underachievers if they lose next week, you need your head examined.

But you are right on one thing, you only speak for yourself. thumb

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Thanks for the extreme disrespect of the effort by last year's seniors.  I'm sorry, those guys left it all on the field that game.  They DID NOT underachieve.

825442613[/snapback]

Si it has nothing to do with the kids. Kids never lose a football game adults do. If we put players in a position to win they will. We were more talented last year than Riverdale and we will be this year. You can say what you want but any team that wins a championship the staff must coach them up ,and use all the weapons at hand in the proper way.

Last week we all read about class, dignity, sportsmanship and all those other things that make high school football so great. I guess that's all over now. This thread is 2 hours old and there's more smack talk than the whole week before the OR/DB game.

Riverdale has DOMINATED thier opponents. They deserve respect, but not fear. Oak Ridge fans do not forget this fact. They have been a great team all year. With that being said, let the state believe what they want about Oak Ridge having no chance. Allow the Wildcats to show they belong on the field with Riverdale. My personal opinion is that Oak Ridge will win, but talking smack is not the Oak Ridge way.

No one or two posters represents the whole community. If this hurts your feelings, you must have a guilty conscience.

Last week we all read about class, dignity, sportsmanship and all those other things that make high school football so great. I guess that's all over now. This thread is 2 hours old and there's more smack talk than the whole week before the OR/DB game.

Riverdale has DOMINATED thier opponents. They deserve respect, but not fear. Oak Ridge fans do not forget this fact. They have been a great team all year. With that being said, let the state believe what they want about Oak Ridge having no chance. Allow the Wildcats to show they belong on the field with Riverdale. My personal opinion is that Oak Ridge will win, but talking smack is not the Oak Ridge way.

No one or two posters represents the whole community. If this hurts your feelings, you must have a guilty conscience.

825442639[/snapback]

Can I get an AMEN.... thumb