Huntingdon Mustangs VS Milan Bulldogs

trogdor13

I believe Carver panicked and abandoned the running game too soon last week. With over a minute to go, 2 timeouts and inside Milans 30 and had a back with over 200 yds., that 1 person did not bring down by themselves all night, yea carver very well may have beat themselves. At the same point though Milan would have had trouble catching the QB if he had taken off running. Carver overall had superior athletes. Milan was just a little smarter, poised and had a kicker .

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of who wins, I believe it will be a great atmosphere for high school football. Last friday night was great at Huntingdon. Unlike the Milan/Carver game, there were no empty seats in the place. Fans from both teams were vocal in supporting their respective teams. I look for the same thing this coming Friday night between two schools that, although not always like each other, have the utmost respect for the other's program.

I believe that, like last year, we have the better team. Just because one team is better doesn't always translate into a win, i.e. last 2 regular season games. However, if you want to see two teams that don't want to end their season be in Milan on Friday night. Regardless of who wins or who has the lead during the game, both teams will be leaving it all on the field.

GO STANGS!!

WE STILL BELIEVE!!

I dread playing at milan.  Their fans show no respect for the visiting team.  It doesn't help that the visiter locker room is behind the home stands.  I don't know what it's like for milan to play at huntingdon but, I do know that at milan the fans are yelling at, trying to trip, and throwing cups and trash off the stands at the huntingdon players.  I got hurt in the last game and when I had to walk back to the locker room on crutches people were barking and throwing trash at me.  There was one kid that tried to kick one of my crutches out from under me.  milan is the last place I want to play at.

825450913[/snapback]

I'm a Huntingdon fan and you need to get in the real world. I've been going to Huntingdon-Milan games for 30 years and yes, I have seen bad behavior, but that happens everywhere. Milan football fans are way above average and I think Huntingdon fans are too. I understand your personal experience and the way you feel. However, let's focus on the fact that Huntingdon and Milan are playing on Thanksgiving weekend this year! That can't be beat.... A treat better than Turkey and dressing...almost.

PS I was a visiting football player there twice and Coach Tucker made a point to pat me on the back and encourage me for the rest of the season.

I'm a Huntingdon fan and you need to get in the real world.  I've been going to Huntingdon-Milan games for 30 years and yes, I have seen bad behavior, but that happens everywhere.  Milan football fans are way above average and I think Huntingdon fans are too.  I understand your personal experience and the way you feel.  However, let's focus on the fact that Huntingdon and Milan are playing on Thanksgiving weekend this year!  That can't be beat.... A treat better than Turkey and dressing...almost.

PS I was a visiting football player there twice and Coach Tucker made a point to pat me on the back and encourage me for the rest of the season.

825451524[/snapback]

After I read on CoachT about fans throwing things at players it was funny that my wife came home telling that she had talked to a Huntingdon player today. He made the comment that he didn't mind playing at Milan but he didn't like the way the fans threw things at them as they came on and off the field. I hope this is an isolated incident because it would be a shame for a few unruly fans to ruin such a great game. Last weeks game against Camden was one of the best sportsman like atmospheres I've been in, just like last years semis. I know that the coaching staff and players of both Milan and Huntingdon have a lot of respect for each other and I hope everyone leaves healthy.

Go Stangs!

I believe Carver panicked and abandoned the running game too soon last week. With over a minute to go, 2 timeouts and inside Milans 30 and had a back with over 200 yds., that 1 person did not bring down by themselves all night, yea carver very well may have beat themselves. At the same point though Milan would have had trouble catching the QB if he had taken off running. Carver overall had superior athletes. Milan was just a little smarter, poised and had a kicker .

825451466[/snapback]

carver wasnt inside milans 30...more like the 45 or 50.

First of all as one who is not from either Huntingdon or Milan, I've been extremely impressed by both teams this season. To lose the players both clubs lost last year and be back in the semifinals just shows that these teams don't rebuild, they reload :lol: Outstanding backfields on both sides, but what was most impressive

about what I saw from Milan vs. Westview and Huntingdon vs. Camden was the overall speed of the defense for both teams. DEFENSE TRULY wins Championships as seen last season from the Mustangs. I give Huntingdon just a slight edge in this contest as they advance to the BORO' and try to make it back to back! B)Milan could prove me wrong and if they did, I wouldn't consider it an upset as the DAWGS have already defeated the Ponies this season and both teams are evenly matched. Just the combination of Boo and Donald may be a bit too much B)

BEST OF LUCK to Both Clubs and whoever comes out on top, make sure to bring another STATE TITLE Back to WEST TENNESSEE where we can play a little football as well!! thumb

Hmmm............lost for words...........I can't believe that. You'll be alright.

825451489[/snapback]

im never at a lost for words but but come sat. morning thats what you and all of mckenzie will experence. but im sure you will not be posting much after this week so BYE BYE.