white house loses to Melrose

kwc

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, KWC I will still be in Texas and won't be able to make it.  I will be blowing up my brother's mobile phone the entire game.

825452839[/snapback]

If it`s on radio maybe someone will be posting updates on here. I would imagine that a White House area station may broadcast it back to Middle TN. If so a White House fan could give updates.

No, KWC I will still be in Texas and won't be able to make it.  I will be blowing up my brother's mobile phone the entire game.

825452839[/snapback]

By all means ... make him lose his rollover minutes!!!!!!!

All joking aside, I've been thinking about this game all week. I believe everyone involved with the Melrose program has learned from the experiences of the past two years. This is Melrose's 3rd year in a row in this game. THREE IN A ROW!!! You LEARN from those types of experiences. I know 'Baby Ray' and the boys are fully aware of the task at hand of stopping Mr. Ladd and their passing game. I've been told that the team as a whole sits down and watches the film of their opponents ... not just the coaches. I'm talking full skull sessions, not just concillitory glances at film. This is somehting coach Ingram has brought to Melrose with him. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Melrose team will be prepared. I just don't think they are denied at home ... again! One point losses, two years in a row in the state semi-finals is enough incentive altogether. I feel confident that coach Ingram has schooled them on White House's history and dedicated team play. I truly believe that the team knows what challange is facing them. I know this team is hungry, dedicated, prepared, disciplined, and experienced. This game will be a battle of wills. I think Melrose will win. They have fought all year for this moment. I don't think they let it slip away a third time.

Edited by kwc

kwc..I think this game comes down to how well Melrose executes it`s offense. They have to minimize stupid mistakes like penalties and not turning the ball over. Their defense should be solid. The kicking game though.....ummmm. It won`t be good mainly because Melrose doesn`t have one, but it can`t be as bad as it was against JCM. Melrose was very fortunate to run that long TD after a bad snap. JCM likely wins if they tacle the punter on the 10. The kicking game must be at least adequate.

I don't think they let it slip away a third time.

825452901[/snapback]

good point! i think they will be focused and ready. from what i have read, melrose may have shot themselves in the foot quite a bit in the first 2 games of the playoffs. the offense looked better against ridgeway last week. not near as many penalties as the first time we played in the regular season.

another point...it seems like everyone (at least on here) has melrose pegged as losing this game for whatever reason. sometimes it is good to be the underdog...not that melrose thinks they are. it has been said many times that this was supposed to be a "down" year for melrose after graduating so many d1 players. it seems to me a lot of times the team that wins is the one nobody expects to be there. Kind of happened like that for ridgeway in 2003 when they won the state championship. the players have to believe in themselves and just take it one game at a time...

Unsinkable ships sink

Unbreakable walls break

Sometimes the things you think could never happen

Happen just like that

Unbendable steel bends

If the fury of the wind is unstoppable

I've learned to never underestimate

The impossible.

VG, The kicking game was in fine form against Ridgeway. They worked on it in practice and corrected the problem. I'm not worried about the kicking game at all. There were no fumbles in the Rideway game as well. The offense was hitting on all cylinders. I'm not concerned about turnovers either.

825452928[/snapback]

Who is going to play QB?

VG, The kicking game was in fine form against Ridgeway.

825452928[/snapback]

I wouldn't say it was in fine form...better probably, but far from perfect! Punted 5 times - the first punt was for 15 yards; after that things were better with the shortest being 28 yards and the longest 35. on extra points, the first one was made, the second and third were missed, fourth and fifth made.

as for turnovers, in the ridgeway game there were 2 but neither affected the game. wilson threw an interception on melrose's first offensive play...but ridgeway's qb followed with an interception of his own. the other interception was on the first play of the fourth quarter but the score was already 28-0.

i think melrose did play their best game of the playoffs last week and hopefully they will continue on the right track this week.