white house loses to Melrose

kwc

When you take into account the level of competition the two teams have played, I believe you have to give a slight edge to White House.

Melrose has impressive wins over Briarcrest and Jackson Central Merry while White House dominated strong teams Portland, Greenbrier, and Hillwood

Melrose's defense is spectacular, but not impenetrable.  White House will score, but not a lot and will come away with a 17-12 win.

Good luck to both teams.

825452195[/snapback]

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you take into account the level of competition the two teams have played, I believe you have to give a slight edge to White House.

Melrose has impressive wins over Briarcrest and Jackson Central Merry while White House dominated strong teams Portland, Greenbrier, and Hillwood

Melrose's defense is spectacular, but not impenetrable.  White House will score, but not a lot and will come away with a 17-12 win.

Good luck to both teams.

825452195[/snapback]

Portland is a mediocre 3A team this year and although Greenbrier is an excellent team they too are 3A. Hillwood was good this year but were inexperienced that far into the playoffs, played poorly, and were in "THE HOUSE" when they lost. Melrose is a seasoned playoff team, has the guns, especially on defense, and are playing at home. Tough recipe! White House has the coaching, heart, and balanced talent throughout the team and won't get embarrassed by any means but if both teams play their best game and Melrose doesn't flag their way out of the game they win by six. (White House will not have a penalty problem or any other discipline problem)

That information is incorrect.

White House has scored 480 and given up just 177, not 368.

825451679[/snapback]

That's true and most of the points the defense has given up has been after we had a large lead. Against Hillwood when you go up 33-7 at the halfyou rest your players. Our coaches always take it easy on the other team when the game is no longer in doubt. They hate to show anyone up.

Portland is a mediocre 3A team this year and although Greenbrier is an excellent team they too are 3A. Hillwood was good this year but were  inexperienced that far into the playoffs, played poorly, and were in "THE HOUSE" when they lost. Melrose is a seasoned playoff team, has the guns, especially on defense, and are playing at home. Tough recipe! White House has the coaching, heart, and balanced talent throughout the team and won't get embarrassed by any means but if both teams play their best game and Melrose doesn't flag their way out of the game they win by six. (White House will not have a penalty problem or any other discipline problem)

825452507[/snapback]

White House is a 3A team too. They just happen to be in the 4A playoffs.

Kwc, orangemountwest, crc, you sound like a great bunch of guys. I'm not very talkative but like to set back, read and listen. Good luck to Melrose, except tomorrow night. To get a parking space around the school at what time would you arrive?

825452138[/snapback]

Thanks BDP. I hope your trip down is safe and with the exception of the game outcome, everthing is enjoyable. ;)

Get to the game at LEAST one hour prior. The stands will fill up real fast on both sides including standing room around the field. I went to the semi final game at Hillsboro last year and we had more fans than Hillsboro. So with this one being at home you can only imagine the crowd.

The stadium is much farther than you would want to walk from the school. The stadium was built across form the Original Melrose School. Parking is tough. There is limited parking at Dunbar Elementary which is just past the Sourthern end zone on a street named Select. The stadium entrance is on the of Southwest corner of David and Park Ave., with Park being a major road. Basically with very few exceptions parking is on the streets in the residential areas on both sides of Park ave. For example, Boston, Dallas and David Streets south of Park ave. are pretty good. There is also parking on the streets that intersect with David such as Enterprise and Select which are north of Park Ave.

I hope this helps

--OrangeMoundWest

For what it's worth, Fox 17 just ran a feature on White House to lead off its Thanksgiving night sports segment. One of the Sullins was interviewed, along with Porter and Kyle Levering, and touchdown highlights from Gibbs, Weakley, Ladd and Harmon.

All of the stuff was recorded last week against Hillwood. The interviews were conducted in the middle of the field after the game.

Hey Orangemound west....Good luck to Melrose tomorrow night.

A question....You mentioned the old school next to the field. What is that used for now?

Also...where is the Melrose practice field?

Also in regard to parking...

Isn`t there some sort of building acroos the street from the main gate that has some parking? We came in a bus for our game. I saw a lot of cars over there. I figured people were parking for the game.

Who gets to park inside the fences besides buses? I saw several cars parked inside the fence. I assume the refs get to park there, but who else?

Hey Orangemound west....Good luck to Melrose tomorrow night.

A question....You mentioned the old school next to the field. What is that used for now?

Also...where is the Melrose practice field?

Also in regard to parking...

Isn`t there some sort of building acroos the street from the main gate that has some parking? We came in a bus for our game. I saw a lot of cars over there. I figured people were parking for the game.

Who gets to park inside the fences besides buses? I saw several cars parked inside the fence. I assume the refs get to park there, but who else?

825452771[/snapback]

Thanks VolunteerGeneral. You are right. there is some parking at the old school. The gym is now a recreation center and there is a Sr. Citizen facility over there too. In addition a recently built community center took the place of the old auditorium which should have some parking also.

Inside the fence is only for buses and very limited essential persons like refs.

HUH???

825452683[/snapback]

what they were saying is White House only has the population of a 3A school... therefore if they changed the classifications ever year then White House would be in 3A this year, but they only do it every four years, so we r a 3A team, stuck inside of the 4A state semifinals... now just imagine the damage we would do if they changed the classifications a year early