white house loses to Melrose

kwc

This should be a very good game indeed.

Maryville and Melrose are both strong teams, and both schools have a rich tradition.

I am not from either school, but I am a fan of high school football.

I think Melrose's speed should give Maryville a run for their money. In the end I think Maryville will win, but it will be because of the kids out their busting their tails on the field, not because of trash-talkers like "MaryvilleRebels".

I also believe Melrose will bring a fairly big crowd.

Should be a good one. Good Luck to both teams.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well personally i have never saw Maryville play but from what I've heard they arent known for there great speed an i think that might be a problem for them since Melrose is a very quick team.. I say Melrose in a close one.

825454253[/snapback]

Yeah we have heard that all year. Speed will hurt us. Alcoa has speed, so does Central and we beat them twice. I mean geez we have played 14 games, don't you think we may have played anybody with speed?

Well personally i have never saw Maryville play but from what I've heard they arent known for there great speed an i think that might be a problem for them since Melrose is a very quick team.. I say Melrose in a close one.

825454253[/snapback]

It doesn't matter how fast a person is. If there are clearly no holes to run through you will have to slow down and they will catch up to ya.

Should I even get started....if you haven't seen Maryville play...do yourself a favor, forgo yourself the embarrassment of picking against us.

Let me say it for the 200th time this year...pay attention....SPEED TEAMS WILL NOT BEAT MARYVILLE.

Want proof...ask Central, Cleveland, Hillsboro, West, Red Bank, Hillsboro AGAIN, Alcoa, etc, etc. Everyone assumes that will be the case. We all know what assuming does...mostly outta you. thumb

One thing I noticed in the Maryville game besides the glare from the scoreboard lighting up so fast was that Maryville took advantage of mistakes THS had. Some Melrose people said that Melrose has a not so good kicking game and that will really hurt them. If Maryville gets a short field to work with every time it will be bad for Melrose.

DMoyers is right on about speed. We've seen it before. THS's backs were fast, but they had nowhere to run. Speed will hurt you, but if you are prepared it doesn't carry a game.

Another thing that a Melrose person mentioned is that Melrose is prone to making dumb mistakes like penalties at crucial times, etc. If a team is not as disciplined as maryville that will cost them too. That was one thing that really hurt Memphis East in 2000.

I for one have been waiting for this matchup for years. This game, in my humble opinion, is the best matchup of all the classes this year.

Edited by TruRebelPlaya

This game is NOT a good matchup! Maryville will blow Melrose out. I was at the Maryville-Memphis East game in 2000 and it was obvious who was better disciplined, better coached, etc. I also saw Melrose-Hillsboro last year, and Melrose was not that good IMO. They are an undisciplined football team like Memphis East was. They have speed and little else!

congratulations melrose.....

you played a very good game....(limited turnovers and very few penalties)...

someone in a previous thread stated that middle tennessee football was better than west tennessee, top to bottom…..

melrose proved tonight that west tennessee teams are pretty dog gone good too, as teams like jcm and dyersburg played melrose just as good as the middle tennessee white house…

good luck in the boro……you could bring home a gold ball....

ok coach cobb, I’ll have my crow medium please :)