white house loses to Melrose

kwc

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless CoachT is wrong you didn't predict it on this website. Maybe you're a wanabee? (I'm guessing PROBABLY) If I'm wrong about you, give me a link. LOL Whatever, GO MARYVILLE!

825454005[/snapback]

ok...you are half right...i didn't vote in the big ones...i posted in a thread last night on 4A semifinals ( http://boards.coacht.com/index.php?showtopic=87741&hl= )and i had 20-10, not 20-17. it was after midnight...give me a break - i am sure i was half asleep! LOL! i actually think i remember typing 20-17 and then changing it to 20-10. like you said...whatever!

melrose beat my team last week so i am pulling for them to beat maryville. i know it will be a tough task...i think it will be a great game - wish i could be there but i have two younger boys playing in their own all star game that day so i can't make it.

were you at the game tonight?

Edited by crc

Trader B, thank you for that report, that further solidifies my opinion that Melrose has no discipline and therefore will be outcoached and outplayed by a good, usually mistake free Maryville squad.  If Maryville jumps out to an early lead 14 points or more by halftime then I think that Melrose will lay down and die...most every other team has and will.

825454153[/snapback]

I mean no disrespect, MaryvilleRebels, but could you (or any other knowledgeable Maryville fan) someone please provide us Melrose fans with some SPECIFICS about the dynamics of Maryville's football team, both positives AND negatives.

I appreciate your zeal for your team. At this point, however, I'm more interested in learning about it's TANGIBLE attributes.

Thanks... Good luck to BOTH squads! These kids have all worked hard to EARN a spot in the 4A championship. It's too bad that somebody has to lose... I just pray for an injury-free game.

--TraderB

Great Season White House!!  Sorry to have heard about your loss on the news here in Memphis. 

Would love to see the Blue Devils come to the State games and root on the Bobcats as we take on Fulton!!

See ya next season when you'll be in our region!!

825454316[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment! You bet we are rooting for our neighbors, we were all excited to hear of your victory!!!!

Melrose- Congrats. You guys are awesome. As far as the crowd goes, yeah, I felt embarrassed for those that did come over and taunt us and run their mouths, teens and adults(?) alike, but overall, I got a good impression. Many of the fans were nice, and enthusiastic about their team, and I say that judging from my experience tonight, the bad rap you guys get is undeserved. I had a great time, the atmosphere was great, and you have a lot to be proud of...BEST OF LUCK NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!

Blue Devils...amazing season...so much to be proud of!!!!!

Congrats to Melrose. They have the athletes to win. I thought we played about as good as we could and just got beat by a better team and there is no shame in that.

Orange Mound...... First, the stadium was old, but it was a great place to watch a game. Plus, I didn't see too much slipping, even though the field gets a lot of play. Second, they do have fans sit in the visitors section and they are quite loud, which is good, if you're the home team. Third, I didn't witness drinking, but there was a certain odor in the air..... Forth, and probably why Melrose gets the reputation they have, were the fans who taunted us as we left. Not cool and nary a parent or police to stop it.

Melrose did a good job controlling the ball. Their running back is the real deal and their passing attack is there if they need it. We didn't have the speed or quickness to match up. I also thought their discipline was good and their playcalling, again, when they needed it, was good.

Defensively, Melrose is quick and getting to the corner is difficult. We were able to early but Melrose took that away in the 2nd half. We didn't get to exploit their kicking game and I thought that was big for Melrose.

Not pickin' on the refs, but I noticed, especially in the first half, that we had a couple of players who twitched almost every play, but it wasn't called. On the other hand, Melrose could have been called for holding almost every play, as they seem to have a habit of grabbin' defensive ends. Didn't really have an effect on the game, though. They let us play.

White House website is updated. Couple of new features for our fans, a poll and a forum. Go easy on the forum...it's a school site. Keep it positive and encourage the boys. It doesn't have the space or moderating capacity of Coach T. Remember that for us.

White House Football Online

Story on seniors there also. Congrats to these fine young men on a great season.

One final note to the Melrose players and coaching staff. You are a fine and classy bunch of young men. To come to the buses and shake hands and congratulate our players was very classy -- it was heartfelt and genuine. Very mature group of young men.

Edited by bdpweb

Orange Mound...... First, the stadium was old, but it was a great place to watch a game. Plus, I didn't see too much slipping, even though the field gets a lot of play. Second, they do have fans sit in the visitors section and they are quite loud, which is good, if you're the home team. Third, I didn't witness drinking, but there was a certain odor in the air..... Forth, and probably why Melrose gets the reputation they have, were the fans who taunted us as we left. Not cool and nary a parent or police to stop it.

What? It isn't cool to taunt in person, but it is cool to talk smack on a message board?

Let me guess...Melrose talked smack at the end of the game for no reason?