Maryville and Melrose

tngator

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Everyone has heard a lot about the Melrose defense and deservedly so. They have only given up 55 points all year. That is impressive. But! Maryville has a great defense also. Here are some facts about Maryville's defense.

Alcoa is averaging 40 points a game. Dustin Lindsey is one of the best backs in the state in any class. Alcoa also has a good quarterback and a tight end(Brandon Warren) who will be a D1 prospect. Maryville held Warren to 1 catch and held Lindsey to 80 yds. Maryville held Alcoa's offense to 12 points. The other 6 was on a kickoff return.This is the same Alcoa team that is playing for a 2A title that blasted a very good Lipscomb team 35-14.

Knox Powell averaged 30 points a game. They have 2 offensive linemen that will go D1.They have a fullback going to Alabama. They have a tight end that will be a D1 player. They have a quarterback who is a great athlete who can hurt you passing and running. In 2 games Maryville held them to 26 points total.That is an average of 13 points a game.

Knox West averaged 30 points a game. They had one of the best tailback tandems in East Tennessee. Maryville's 1st string defense held them to 7 points.

Knox Central averaged 35 points a game. They have a tailback and a receiver that runs a 4.4 They have a quarterback that can throw and run well. They have other good skill players also.In 2 games Maryville held them to 34 total points. That is an average of 17 points a game.

Tennessee High averaged 40 points a game.They had a good stable of backs and a good quarterback. Maryville shut them out.

Maryville has good athletes on defense. Their front 7 is the most athletic I have ever seen at MHS. The secondary has good athletes. Jim Gaylor does a great job with the defense. Maryville is very diciplined and tackles very well. Maryville has good team speed.

There will be 2 great defenses on the field saturday.

Edited by REBELRON

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading all this with pure delight. Usually, it is the urban teams that show no class or discipline, but in this case, we have the opposite.

You can boast all you want, but to call others fags and morons shows your ignorance, and if you were fortunate to be a fan of a team with class, your peers would stop the hateful speech.

Can't just talk smack and football, gotta be disrespectful. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves. If I read another word I don't agree with, I'll take great pleasure shutting evey Maryville thread that starts, and that's a promise.

Talk smack, I don't care, but the other stuff will get your post removed.

Judging by these playoffs... I doubt that Melrose is capable of much of a blowout...  14-12 against the #7 ranked team....  20-14 against the #4 ranked team...  and 13-7 against and unranked team...  only one blow out these playoffs and that's against the #11 team... I dont know if you've heard or not, but maryville won last week against the #3 team in the state 49-0.... there's a reason we're #1 in the state and you're #2... We're better... If this game was played on paper, maryville has it in the bag... But that's why we play it out on the field... So let's leave it for Saturday and Maryville bringing home the golden ball

825456722[/snapback]

You can't take these rankings seriously. Tennessee High was ranked second and look what happened to them. On Coacht, they were even ranked first before they played you.

Edited by Patriotpride1989

Well things change. The game might be within 3 points or it might be a blowout. If the blowout takes place...I would have to go with Melrose.

825456665[/snapback]

:P Dude..get real! I seenem play for the first time Friday night..they ain,t talkin trash ..what they say is true..I seen it with my on eyes...you may think you are ready like we did (THS) but you ain,t..just to good and NO mistakes and tons of depth. Take it tooem maryville(so we can say we got beat by the best)

Would love to see riverdale and maryville play sometime just to see who has the best team in the state Good luck thumb

well well.... i think that's why i said the game has to played out on the field... but regardless, Maryville has still been winning their play off games by much more points.. It's funny you mention the Vikings being ranked #2 and then look what happened to them... well... now Melros is ranked #2 and it seems a similiar fait awaits them...

<_< Dude..get real! I seenem play for the first time Friday night..they ain,t talkin trash ..what they say is true..I seen it with my on eyes...you may think you are ready like we did (THS) but you ain,t..just to good and NO mistakes and tons of depth. Take it tooem maryville(so we can say we got beat by the best)

Would love to see riverdale and maryville play sometime just to see who has the best team in the state  Good luck thumb

825456739[/snapback]

Good post couch qb.... However, nothing that any maryville supporter can say will ever convince the maryville opponents of their ignorance to maryville's ability. In this case, Ignorance is Bliss... Saturday will be a harsh awakening...

I'm reading all this with pure delight. Usually, it is the urban teams that show no class or discipline, but in this case, we have the opposite.

You can boast all you want, but to call others fags and morons shows your ignorance, and if you were fortunate to be a fan of a team with class, your peers would stop the hateful speech.

Can't just talk smack and football, gotta be disrespectful. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves. If I read another word I don't agree with, I'll take great pleasure shutting evey Maryville thread that starts, and that's a promise.

Talk smack, I don't care, but the other stuff will get your post removed.

825456727[/snapback]

I don't agree with posters calling others fags. That is uncalled for.

How can I stop rebelraider from talking trash? I am not his boss.Only a moderator can stop his posts. I guess you didn't read my posts to him a couple of months ago. I was blasting him for his trash talk. I don't agree with rebelraiders posts. A lot of the Maryville posters don't like his trash talk either. We don't like the other trash talkers either.

Another thing. I am tired of you saying that Maryville fans are classless.I told you more than once to not judge all Maryville fans to be like rebelraider.95% of the Rebel fans in this forum have a lot of class. I saw your trash talk to the Hillwood fans after White House beat them. You were acting like Rebelraider in those threads. Don't throw stones in glass houses.

I don't agree with posters calling others fags. That is uncalled for.

How can I stop rebelraider from talking trash? I am not his boss.Only a moderator can stop his posts. I guess you didn't read my posts to him a couple of months ago. I was blasting him for his trash talk. I don't agree with rebelraiders posts. A lot of the Maryville posters don't like his trash talk either. We don't like the other trash talkers either.

Another thing. I am tired of you saying that Maryville fans are classless.I told you more than once to not judge all Maryville fans to be like rebelraider.95% of the Rebel fans in this forum have a lot of class. I saw your trash talk to the Hillwood fans after White House beat them. You were acting like Rebelraider in those threads. Don't throw stones in glass houses.

825456767[/snapback]

Listen, I said I don't mind the trash talk. The other stuff I do. It is uncalled for. So trash talk all you want, I don't care.

I'm sorry you don't like others calling Maryville fans classless. Kinda hard to refute, have you been keeping up? LOL

I dont know if you noticed but we also have a finalist... goes by the name of Cade Thompson?? quarterback, maybe you've heard of him... Not to mention Stephen Childs, Andrew Clement, Ryan Jenkins, Antonio Byner (healthy),

Ryan Tallent (healthy), The entire O-Line (Rhett Brooks, Matt Gardner, Bobby Browning, Corey Everett, and Jimmy Wallace) oh yeah, and the Defense... Gary Tucker, Jeffrey Smith, Matt Valentine.. all of which are great players... so yeah we have a few as well...