Maryville and Melrose

tngator

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

elix wilson is who you are talking about, he is cedricks brother

825456292[/snapback]

It doesnt reall matter you know. Look at some other people Maryville has played in the past that were going to UT on scholarship (cough...Gerald Riggs) that we just totally shut down. It just goes to show you cant win games with one great player. Melrose could have a whole team of elix wilson's and we would still win.

Why arent any Melrose people talking on this thread?? Its getting boring just talking about how good we are. Well, I take that back...No its not.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping this to the Game and not trash talking here is some of my thoughts. I respect Melrose as I know most informed and classey Maryville faithful are, unlike some of the trash posted here.

To Stop Melrose the Rebels are going to have to stop another great running back #28 Cooper. He got 216 yards on 26 tries and two of the three TD’s Melrose got. Cooper also is the PAT kicker. They also have a RB named Killebrew who has good size and can catch passes out of the back field. Note that Melrose did not score in the 2nd half vs. Hillsboro. The Melrose QB is a sophomore Madison, who missed the third round with a foot infection but was solid going 7-of-8 for 111 yards and the other TD. The passing attack mainly focuses primarily on a kid named Wilson, the younger brother of former UT and current San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson. The Melrose Golden Wildcats, who have only allowed 61 points all season I think but do give up a few yards and gave up allot to Hillsboro in the 2nd half. Hillsboro may have come back but two late turnovers sealed the deal and Melrose held on. All the Melrose scouring was done on the first three possessions in the first half, after that not much happened. Remember this program was stopped by Hillsboro the past two seasons by a 1 point margin in each semi-final game. Coach Ingram knows how to win and is a Christian man who sets the example with prayer and discipline. I instantly have respect for another believer and a man who is a successful coach. Ingram will have his kids prepared, no question.

The upside as I see it for us Maryville fans, Melrose’s six team region foes had an over record of 24-29 and the play off opponents were 35-14. They averaged just less than 26 points but only allowed just less than 5 per game. But during this play-off run the numbers are closer, with the 4 game averages of 20 vs. 8 points per contest. Maryville on the other hand in vs. it’s seven region foes were overall 42-37 while averaging about 42 points for and allowing 9 per game. During the play-offs Maryville scoring average is 35 for and 10 against. Bottom line Maryville continues to hang near their average game points on teams in the play-offs and only allowed about 2 points more to play-off foes. We also know Maryville’s starters have only been needed in 2 of 4 the play-off games’ fourth quarters and the winning point margin over the four games has been 99 points. Melrose however has had to have their starters step it up in 3 of 4 games to preserve a win while only enjoying a 48 point winning margin in four games. 35 points in the Ridgeway (7-5) game alone. Maryville hung 49 on a 13-0 TN High team and shut them out even with the starting O getting one series in the 2nd half and no defensive starters on the field by the fourth quarter.

My thought is if both teams play the averages Maryville wins and further crowds a big Trophy case. I have nothing but respect for Melrose and know the will give the Rebels their best game of the year, but I think they will fall in to the “Black Hole” in this game.

I will continue to study this game and expect to be looking at film by Wed. and try to break it down further.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Well, until some Melrose fans get on here and start posting some good points and information about there team, I say let the trash talk continue. Its not like it ever hurt anyone. Just cause people trash talk doesnt mean they dont respect the opposition. I respect Melrose, and I'm anxious to see the game Saturday. But that doesnt mean I think they can win. Maryville's high-powered offense can destroy any team. No one had score more than 18 points against THS. Friday night the Maryville Rebels were one score away from tripling that number. They say defense wins championships, but I say there is always an exception to the rule and that exception is Maryville.

yeah i know melrose wants it too, but you dont know what it feels like to have it stripped from your hands by a team you know you are better than only to watch them get pounded 21-0 in the title game.

If you were better than them, why didnt you win?....probably because you werent better than them... But thats all in the past and beside the point. For all those Maryville pricks who get on here talking about how amazing and great MHS is, i dont think you have any idea of what your about to face this coming Saturday. You talk all about how Maryville's coaching is so superior to Melrose's, but how can a team get to the semifinals most every year and not have great coaching. I guarantee you when Maryville goes home crying Saturday night everyone of you Maryville supporters will know what I'm talking about. And you think Melrose is all defense...they have a Mr. Football finalist at running back for cryin out loud!! Their offensive skill position players are as good as any other teams in the state; and once again you will see this on Saturday. I hate the attitude of most of the Maryville supporters, and when MHS gets put in their place this Saturday, I hope your attitudes change...Football is a game, you win and you lose...In Maryvilles case on Saturday, its gonna be lose!!!........

If you were better than them, why didnt you win?....probably because you werent better than them...  But thats all in the past and beside the point.  For all those Maryville pricks who get on here talking about how amazing and great MHS is, i dont think you have any idea of what your about to face this coming Saturday.  You talk all about how Maryville's coaching is so superior to Melrose's, but how can a team get to the semifinals most every year and not have great coaching.  I guarantee you when Maryville goes home crying Saturday night everyone of you Maryville supporters will know what I'm talking about.  And you think Melrose is all defense...they have a Mr. Football finalist at running back for cryin out loud!!  Their offensive skill position players are as good as any other teams in the state; and once again you will see this on Saturday.  I hate the attitude of most of the Maryville supporters, and when MHS gets put in their place this Saturday, I hope your attitudes change...Football is a game, you win and you lose...In Maryvilles case on Saturday, its gonna be lose!!!........

825456367[/snapback]

I see your signature down there says "Viking for life" so I'm assuming you are from THS. Well, in that case you need to just get over it and realize we killed you friday night. A lot of people from Tennessee High talked junk and we threw it back in there face friday night. Beating a team that bad just makes me feel good when I hear people like you talk. This is a Melrose vs. Maryville thread I dont believe it has anything to do with THS. You wanna talk about crying, why dont you quit your crying and just accept the fact we ate your team alive, and I'm so sorry we smashed your hopes and dreams. I think I'm going to enjoy myself a little better when we go to Murfreesboro knowing that someone as ignorant as you isnt going to be there. And in case you didnt know, we have a Mr. Football finalist of our own, and the best offense in the state. Im sure most THS fans are embarassed to have someone like you speak for their team like that.

THS, I'm sorry you have fans like acmoney.

Edited by Somedude

Man ... I get in from church and there have been quite a few messages on here.

First ... FBE, that was a pretty good breakdown of Melrose's last game except for one little part. Hillsboro lost in the 1st round this year. Melrose played White House this past Friday ... not Hillsboro.

Second ... RebelRaider and Somedude ... there aren't too many Melrose fans on here who post. Those that do post ... the Melrose fans I'm speaking of ... they won't get on here and talk smack. They may state a case or something ... but smack talk isn't something that happens. I guess you guys can contiinue to exchange snappy one-liners and things of that sort amoungst yourselves.

RebelRaider ... by the way ... Melrose is fully aware of what and who they are about to face. Yes ... Melrose is very ... very ... very aware of Maryville. They know EXACTLY what they are getting into. The Melrose fans know, as well, exactly what the team will face when they play Maryville. No doubt about it!

Edited by kwc

I see your signature down there says "Viking for life" so I'm assuming you are from THS. Well, in that case you need to just get over it and realize we killed you friday night. A lot of people from Tennessee High talked junk and we threw it back in there face friday night. Beating a team that bad just makes me feel good when I hear people like you talk. This is a Melrose vs. Maryville thread I dont believe it has anything to do with THS. You wanna talk about crying, why dont you quit your crying and just accept the fact we ate your team alive, and I'm so sorry we smashed your hopes and dreams. I think I'm going to enjoy myself a little better when we go to Murfreesboro knowing that someone as ignorant as you isnt going to be there. And in case you didnt know, we have a Mr. Football finalist of our own, and the best offense in the state. Im sure most THS fans are embarassed to have someone like you speak for their team like that.

THS, I'm sorry you have fans like acmoney.

Ahahahah!!!!!.....lmao!!!!!!!...lolOLOL!O!L!!!!.....omg i cant believe you think im from THS!!!!!!....ahahah!!!, what a moron!!...lol....whew, that was a good one...i honestly can say i just laughed for about 10 minutes straight...man im not from THS, if you read my previous post, i know nothing about THS nor am I in any way affiliated with them or their program...i support the Fayette Academy Vikings....you get it now?..."Viking for life".....haha, well anywayss.. Melrose is gonna show everyone in middle and east Tennessee what football is about in Orange Mound, better yet in West Tennessee...The Melrose "D" is gonna eat Maryville alive...i dont care how good that kid yall have at qb is...Gregory Hardy is gonna be takin him down all night!!..ahah!!....GO WILDCATS!

Ahahahah!!!!!.....lmao!!!!!!!...lolOLOL!O!L!!!!.....omg i cant believe you think im from THS!!!!!!....ahahah!!!, what a moron!!...lol....whew, that was a good one...i honestly can say i just laughed for about 10 minutes straight...man im not from THS, if you read my previous post, i know nothing about THS nor am I in any way affiliated with them or their program...i support the Fayette Academy Vikings....you get it now?..."Viking for life".....haha, well anywayss.. Melrose is gonna show everyone in middle and east Tennessee what football is about in Orange Mound,  better yet in West Tennessee...The Melrose "D" is gonna eat Maryville alive...i dont care how good that kid yall have at qb is...Gregory Hardy is gonna be takin him down all night!!..ahah!!....GO WILDCATS!

825456405[/snapback]

Acmoney, you are the most ignorant person I have ever heard talk in my life. It doesnt really matter what team you support, because to be honest no one really cares about you or who you support. I'm sure the folks over at Fayette where ever (never really heard of them) are embarassed to have someone like you talk about there team. Maryville are boys of class and will run all over the Melrose golden kitty cats. THS had two superb linebackers that can demolish anyone at the QB position, but our O-line just isnt going to let that happen. To me it jsut sounds like you are a little bit jealous of our program over here in Maryville. If I were you I would be too. I mean who do you support?? Fayette Academy?? Yeah I'm just gonna stop there cause I'm sure they are garbage and couldnt get the the state title game if they wanted. Maryville is gonna show you how football was meant to be played acmoney.

I hope you are at the game Sat. so you can be amazed at how Maryville plays football. You are gonna wish you hadnt spoken on here Saturday night.

Edited by Somedude

If you were better than them, why didnt you win?....probably because you werent better than them...  But thats all in the past and beside the point.  For all those Maryville pricks who get on here talking about how amazing and great MHS is, i dont think you have any idea of what your about to face this coming Saturday.  You talk all about how Maryville's coaching is so superior to Melrose's, but how can a team get to the semifinals most every year and not have great coaching.  I guarantee you when Maryville goes home crying Saturday night everyone of you Maryville supporters will know what I'm talking about.  And you think Melrose is all defense...they have a Mr. Football finalist at running back for cryin out loud!!  Their offensive skill position players are as good as any other teams in the state; and once again you will see this on Saturday.  I hate the attitude of most of the Maryville supporters, and when MHS gets put in their place this Saturday, I hope your attitudes change...Football is a game, you win and you lose...In Maryvilles case on Saturday, its gonna be lose!!!........

825456367[/snapback]

we were better than they are because of our coaching and athletes, we didnt win because hey, they cant all be winners now can they. no i dont think you know what is coming for melrose on friday night. they cannot compete with Maryville. our offensive line is all seniors and huge. our quarterback is a senior and i think we all know about him. our running backs is a junior and a senior, both who played in the game last year vs. mo-west and want the title back where it belongs, our wide recievers are absolutely amazing, stephen childs has great speed, jenkins has soft hands and great height, and andrew clement should be up for the heisman trophy. ill tell you two ways you can get to the semis without great coaching, athletes and luck. probably more of the first one but the second one comes into play with every team. you hve great athletes who can make plays, until they get to a team with great coaching and great athletes and then they get taken down. i dont see melrose with any 4a state championships, and i know that Maryville has 4 in the last 6 years. Maryville wins state championships with great coaching. our athletes do all the work, but they have to be coached and practiced and have perfection drilled in their head every day of the week to do it as well as we do it. You can hate the attitude of the Maryville players all you want, but that is because you are jealous of every single one of them. you must sit at home and dwell about ways to put down Maryville fans because you wish you were one of them. you must be sad and lonely thinking of all the things they have that you dont..state championships, a good team, a winning season, must blow to me you. their offensive skill players are good as anyone in the state...except Maryville. and i doubt this defense that is supposedly good will do jack crap against cade thompson leading the Smoke n Mirrors offense. THS supposedly had a good defense, and look what happened to them, 49 big ones with no answer. the only crying that will be done by Maryville saturday night will be the tears of joy on the field after we show you morons from Melrose how football is played here in Tennessee, have a nice loss