Boyd Buc vs DCA

reaction

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read long enough....it's time for a reality check for all people. I have seen Boyd play once and DCA play 8 times. Here is the scoop on this championship game. Boyd is an EXCELLENT team.........(for their side of the bracket). After being at the last 2 DCA games, I believe they could compete(maybe not win but certainly compete) with any team in the state regardless of classification. They are that good. Best I've seen in 1A since CPA in 2000. DCA will get the ring, let me tell you why. 1. Boyd will not put up more than 10 on DCA's defense. Write it down. 2. DCA's offense will put up at least 24. Write it down. And Finally (3.) DCA has Chris Wooden. Not just Wooden, but a healthy wooden. He emerges in big games. Ask USJ. And at risk of ruffling feathers, I will state as fact that without injuries last year, DCA would be getting 2 in a row. Sorry Boyd, DCA is too strong, but you'll find out first hand. DCA 24 Boyd 7 :lol:

I have read long enough....it's time for a reality check for all people.  I have seen Boyd play once and DCA play 8 times.  Here is the scoop on this championship game.  Boyd is an EXCELLENT team.........(for their side of the bracket).  After being at the last 2 DCA games, I believe they could compete(maybe not win but certainly compete) with any team in the state regardless of classification.  They are that good.  Best I've seen in 1A since CPA in 2000.  DCA will get the ring, let me tell you why.  1.  Boyd will not put up more than 10 on DCA's defense.  Write it down.  2.  DCA's offense will put up at least 24.  Write it down.  And Finally (3.)  DCA has Chris Wooden.  Not just Wooden, but a healthy wooden.  He emerges in big games.  Ask USJ.  And at risk of ruffling feathers, I will state as fact that without injuries last year, DCA would be getting 2 in a row.  Sorry Boyd, DCA is too strong, but you'll find out first hand.  DCA  24  Boyd 7 :D

825455809[/snapback]

:lol:

repeat...

I have read long enough....it's time for a reality check for all people.  I have seen Boyd play once and DCA play 8 times.  Here is the scoop on this championship game.  Boyd is an EXCELLENT team.........(for their side of the bracket).  After being at the last 2 DCA games, I believe they could compete(maybe not win but certainly compete) with any team in the state regardless of classification.  They are that good.  Best I've seen in 1A since CPA in 2000.  DCA will get the ring, let me tell you why.  1.  Boyd will not put up more than 10 on DCA's defense.  Write it down.  2.  DCA's offense will put up at least 24.  Write it down.  And Finally (3.)  DCA has Chris Wooden.  Not just Wooden, but a healthy wooden.  He emerges in big games.  Ask USJ.  And at risk of ruffling feathers, I will state as fact that without injuries last year, DCA would be getting 2 in a row.  Sorry Boyd, DCA is too strong, but you'll find out first hand.  DCA  24  Boyd 7 :lol:

825455809[/snapback]

Just curious, which Boyd game did you see?

Also, all this speculation about what might have been last year, without injuries, is pointless. It's no "fact" that things would have been different. They possibly could have been different, but you can't say that they absolutely would have been. The only "facts" are that Boyd won, the trophy is at our place, and there is no asterisk by the score in the record book saying "DCA would have won if...".

Boyd has nothing to prove! Look they have been in that title game the past 2 years and this will be the third in a row...coach Akins will have them prepared to play! As well as the DCA coach will have his team ready to play...I tell ya I see this as being all upon the defenses of both teams...Whoever can stop the other one ...I believe there will be a lot of scoring..Peardon is great...Wooden is great..they both have great O-lines and great blocking fullbacks...It's gonna be a classic slobber knocker....Defense , Special Teams,and making no mistakes will win this game....whoever has success in at leasts 2 of the 3 will win this ball game..

You’re right. I wrote the Goodpasture score down wrong. Sorry.

I did this for the FC and Coalfield games and it worked out pretty close. It is not a science… just food for thought.

If we take 9 points off. DCA was 14 better in the second comparison and BBS 24 points better in the last comparison and BBS is 7 points better over all.

The post was simply four comparisons of common opponents’ performance of an opponent. This is the best indicator we have since we have heard all year that DCA was the best team last year except for one injured player.

TheScout,

We know that both teams a basically the same as last year and BBS was 23 points better. So are you saying that one player being 100% instead of 60% or 70% will make DCA 20 points better on offense and make their defense give up 20 less points? I know that the kid is good, but I am not sure 30% to 40% of one player can make that much of a difference. Of course, DCA may have had other injured players that I don’t know about.

As I said before… the team with the least amount of turnovers wins by 7.

You’re right. I wrote the Goodpasture score down wrong. Sorry.

I did this for the FC and Coalfield games and it worked out pretty close. It is not a science… just food for thought.

If we take 9 points off. DCA was 14 better in the second comparison and BBS 24 points better in the last comparison and BBS is 7 points better over all.

The post was simply four comparisons of common opponents’ performance of an opponent. This is the best indicator we have since we have heard all year that DCA was the best team last year except for one injured player.

TheScout,

We know that both teams a basically the same as last year and BBS was 23 points better. So are you saying that one player being 100% instead of 60% or 70% will make DCA 20 points better on offense and make their defense give up 20 less points? I know that the kid is good, but I am not sure 30% to 40% of one player can make that much of a difference. Of course, DCA may have had other injured players that I don’t know about.

As I said before… the team with the least amount of turnovers wins by 7.

825456252[/snapback]

DCA also lost their backup running back Matt Meachum in the semis. He was an excellent blocker and really became the unsung hero after DCA lost Wooden. Wooden wasnt even 60% last year in the state game and pretty much had to play b/c of the loss of Meachum. Also since Wooden carried the team so far last year on his shoulders DCA's other attacks lacked what they needed. This year the passing game is doing 10 times better than last year and the defense has stepped up a ton. DCA is more of a well balanced attack now, not just Wooden. DCA is not the same team Boyd faced last year (even though they only lost 3 seniors).I think Boyd is a great team. They were amazing last year and I agree that there is no point in the "what ifs". We cant change history. I believe DCA has some unfinished business this year with Boyd. All you hear about on these posts by Boyd people is how they cremed DCA last year and all. None of them mention the fact of the injuries, while that is all DCA says.. "injuries injuries injuries..." However, I have seen nothing but classy posts this year from the Boyd fans. They are a great bunch of people and I respect the fact that they really havent been on here with negative and unclassy comments. I'm not sure who will pull it off because I have not seen Boyd play this year but I do know it will be an amazing game. I will be supporting DCA in this one.

GO WILDCATS!

Edited by 4DCA

I dont think DCA can upset Boyd. DCA has played NO ONE. Yeah they are undefeated but they have only played 1a teams and one 2a school. Boyd has played 2a,3a,4a and a super seven team. DCA is a good team, but they havent been in a tough game. I remember when Goodpasture was picked to kill Boyd this year and Boyd killed them. The same thing will happen to DCA.

Boyd-35

DCA-14