Boyd Buc vs DCA

reaction

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think DCA wins easily you are a moron. It will be a very good matchup but I think both teams will light up the score board. Boyd will show why they have been the best team the past few years once again. Their backfield is very good. You can't stop just one person. If Boyd can stop Wooden, it might get ugly for DCA. DCA better be ready for the option. Peardon and Akin are a very good combination. If DCA wants to win, Wooden better be at his top form or there will be a replay of last years game.

I'm not going to make a prediction now because I don't want to look like a fool either way. Some of you people are gonna be dead wrong because fans of both schools have predicted blowout wins for their team.

Bottom line, neither team has been challenged this year(aside from the Boyd-Baylor game) and they don't see how it is conceivable that they can be beaten.

But someone WILL have to lose this game. But not by as much as fanatics from both schools are predicting.

It will be a close game and a great game between two GREAT teams.

Good luck to both teams.

I predict a win for the Bucs. Having seen both teams play DCA is bigger and their top two or three athletes are as good as any football players in any classification anywhere, the difference is Boyd has 8 or 10 players that could play for anyone anywhere. Wooden may be as good as Peardon but DCA doesnt have the type of athlete at every position that BBS does.

being off in college, i had not been to a BBS game since they lost the state game to CPA in 02. i went to practically every boyd game all four years of high school, and seeing Peardon play against Coalfield, i must say that i have not seen a back that good in all of the games i've watched. he was incredible. that was my opinion of him before i found out today that he won the mr. football award and had rushed for almost 2,700 yards this season.

getting a off topic though, i saw a team play this year in FL that would kill BBS or DCA any day. they won state last year and had three guys rush for over 1500 yds and they all returned this year. the game i watched, they beat the team 84-0 and put their second string in with 7 minutes left in the second quarter. it was 56-0 at half time and in the second half, the clock was running the entire time unless the losing team called a time out. it ran even when the team scored a touchdown.

i think before saying 1A teams could keep up with any team in any classification, people need to think about how big 4A and 5A teams actually are. the school i mentioned is an example. DCA or Boyd would not compare with either size or speed compared to that school. maryville, riverdale, etc i'm sure are somewhat the same as the school i mentioned. yes, Boyd beat a 4A school, but the really good 4A and 5A schools have both size on the line and speed, which from what i read on this board, it seems these two teams either have one or the other.

anyway, this is a useless post, i guess i decided to post since i haven't in about 2 years. having only seen one Boyd game and no DCA games, i can't really say who is the better team. looking at Boyd, it seemed that they were kind of off in the Coalfield game from what i had heard about other games they had played this year, but they did do their normal starting off slow and getting better as the game went along. i guess the main thing i was going to say is that the four years i watched HS football, i'd never seen a back as good as Peardon.

good luck to both teams, hope Boyd wins, especially since i still know a couple of people on the team. haha.

Edited by jsh969