Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

Yes...Greenbrier cat2....I would stack that group up against anyone. I hope McMurray gets considered for Mr Football next year with everyone coming back on the o-line.

By the way......how did Kingsbury score their TD's last week?

825458947[/snapback]

Some highlights from Friday night:

"We tried to step up and make plays when we needed them, and it seemed like every fourth down we were going to make the play," Kingsbury Coach Sutton said of his team, which had won 12 straight games. "It looked like another storybook ending, and we were going to have a chance to pull it out in the end, but their cornerback (Adam Adcock) made a heck of a play (with an interception). Kingsbury had three plays inside the Bobcats' 3-yard line, but was turned away each time by a stout Greenbrier defense which left them just a couple of inches shy of the goal line. "

After a short run with about 10 seconds left in the first half, Kingsbury got into the endzone. Missed their PAT. Their second was a pitch out long run to # 13 for the second TD and tried to convert but the ball was batted down. Kingsbury was moving the ball down the field in the final two minutes of the game, but when a Corey Reed pass was picked off by the Bobcats' Adam Adcock with 34 seconds remaining and any hope of another comeback vanished

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah msmoker 21 all the disciplined teams i know turn the ball over 5 times a game. thats why they win so many game of course

825458844[/snapback]

I was mainly referring to their defense. In that game, SC shut down the run, we took what the defense gave us an exploited their pass coverage on the way to 33 points. You have to consider the fact that our defense forced them into those turnovers. We forced them into relying on something they were not that proficient with and thus created opportunities for ourselves. Creating opportunities and forcing teams into bad situations is what Championship Teams do!!

A second note on this:(if this is in fact true)

I'm being told that if the tickets are purchased from the school before Saturday, that the team will get $5 of the $10.  If the tickets are purchased on Saturday, the team gets around $2.00.  Also, each school was given 1000 tickets to sell and there is additional money for the school involved if all of the 1000 are sold.  I've been told this by a few different people.  If this is true, we need to get everyone we know to buy the tickets early.  At least this way each of the teams won't lose so much to the TSSAA.

825458993[/snapback]

Thanks NoDoubt. We'll make sure to get them from the school. Looking forward to Saturday, not only to see the Bobcats but to see Melrose/Maryville and Riverdale/Franklin. No better (or cheaper) way to see a good show!

By the way----congrats to your family! It's already been said, but that award is well deserved. B)

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

A second note on this:(if this is in fact true)

I'm being told that if the tickets are purchased from the school before Saturday, that the team will get $5 of the $10.  If the tickets are purchased on Saturday, the team gets around $2.00.  Also, each school was given 1000 tickets to sell and there is additional money for the school involved if all of the 1000 are sold.  I've been told this by a few different people.  If this is true, we need to get everyone we know to buy the tickets early.  At least this way each of the teams won't lose so much to the TSSAA.

825458993[/snapback]

tell all your friends.....buy a ticket tomorrow night...

TICKETS ON SALE AT GREENBRIER HIGH SCHOOL

TOMORROW NIGHT AT THE BASKETBALL GAME

$10.00 FOR ALL 3 GAMES

IF I can get to the WH-Greenbrier game tomorrow night, can an "outsider" buy tickets there?

I hope to get over there to see the game, and of course, I'd have to give congrats to a few Greenbrier fans for their growing fanbase. See what happens........you keep playing White House and we teach you how to be Rowdy....and go to a State playoff! B)B)B) (just kidding)

Smith County?  What do they have to do with me, I dont live there and I sure dont pull for them, actually they are a rival to my home town team B) !!!! So if u dont know what ur talking about, then keep ur mouth shut B) !!!!  Greenbrier will find out soon enough that Fulton is NO JOKE B) !!!!

825458990[/snapback]

Thanks once again for telling us how great Fulton is. Who is your hometown team? It don't matter because they aren't playing. Have you seen Greenbrier? Are you saying we are a joke? Just be sure to be there Saturday and make sure you are wearing your hometown colors since the team can't represent them there.

First off, I want to congratulate Greenbrier on their win Friday night. And also Roger on his Mr. Football award.

Second the game, both teams are really good teams hints their in the state championship game. Greenbrier I know ya'll are happy to be at the state championship, but I know ya'll deserve more than to just be there. Don't get too excited about just being there, go out there and win this one for every player and coach who has gone thru this pogram at Greenbrier to make it what it is now and tried to do what you have a chance to do on Saturday. Good Luck to all my boys on the Greenbrier team. Also, good luck to Fulton and have a safe trip to the 'Buro. B)

And to my boy Joey, make sure you have a heck of a game for the last time you will be wearing that #89 in a Greenbrier jersey on the field.

IF I can get to the WH-Greenbrier game tomorrow night, can an "outsider" buy tickets there? 

I hope to get over there to see the game, and of course, I'd have to give congrats to a few Greenbrier fans for their growing fanbase.  See what happens........you keep playing White House and we teach you how to be Rowdy....and go to a State playoff!  B)  B)  B)    (just kidding)

825459049[/snapback]

Yes you can buy a ticket, everyone can

Edited by painter

First off, I want to congratulate Greenbrier on their win Friday night.  And also Roger on his Mr. Football award.

Second the game, both teams are really good teams hints their in the state championship game.  Greenbrier I know ya'll are happy to be at the state championship, but I know ya'll deserve more than to just be there.  Don't get too excited about just being there, go out there and win this one for every player and coach who has gone thru this pogram at Greenbrier to make it what it is now and tried to do what you have a chance to do on Saturday.  Good Luck to all my boys on the Greenbrier team.  Also, good luck to Fulton and have a safe trip to the 'Buro. B)

And to my boy Joey, make sure you have a heck of a game for the last time you will be wearing that #89 in a Greenbrier jersey on the field.

825459070[/snapback]

Joey will have an awesome night. Of all the players I talked to Friday night, I could tell this means more to him than we can even know. GO #89!! You'll be GREAT!

For the earlier comment about why Fulton lost to AE and LC. Well, like shotrstop said, Fulton was a very young, inexperienced team coming into this season. This has been labeled as a "rebuilding year" for the Falcons, and still is in my opinion despite their successes. (Lots of hope for the future B) ). Coming into this season we were playing 2 qbs....kinda like the UT situation. It took awhile for the Falcons to get comfortable with Junior qb Ish Young #3....he has done an exceptional job in this second half of the year and has really stepped up as an offensive leader. The 2 losses came when there was still confusion at the qb position. At wr we had a somewhat experienced Demarcus "Tippy Toe" Matthews #8, #9 Marques Patton,and #2 Elliot Bishop. All seniors. Elliot transferred to Fulton from another program. While he made some big plays for us for game 1, it still took awhile for hiim to gel with his new teammates and coaches and school for that matter. He has since done AMAZING things for the Falcons, again, the 2 losses were before he was completely comfortable. It took Marques and Tip awhile to warm-up too. Then there is Tyrone Cob #22. MLB, FB, TB....you name it. HE was all-state as a freshman 2 years ago. But, unfortunately, he sat out his sophomore season. He came back this year, but, obviously, it took him awhile to get back into the groove of things. Now his bigger, stronger, better,a nd hittin harder then ever. Again....the 2 losses preceded "Mr. Cobb's" return. The Falcons started 7 sophmore on Defense this year......that explains itself, young and inexperience. I could go on for days. The 2 early losses were humbling and building blocks. They helped get us where we are today. That is 4 days away from the Championship and again getting the chance to play with the best of the best in the State. These Falcons have come a LONG way......yes last year was WONDERFUL....but ti doesn't mean much to alot of the 2004 Falcons. They won't the chance to make the plays themselves and to really earn those rings. I hope they achieve their goal! No matter what....the Fulton community is extremely proud of this team. This year has been nothing but practice for the next. I can't wait to see the Amazing team the Falcons will field next year. IF this year's any indication, it'll be a year to remember!

GO FALCONS!!!!

Congratulations to Herndon on his award....but let's not forget....Fulton has already beat one MR. Football this year! B) Don't get mad....nothin but love for ya GB folks....but it had to be said.

I'm sorry that ya'll have gotten the impression that Fulton thinks you can't compete. That's not true at all. I'm sure you can match up with us in every aspect of the game, that's what makes for great, memorable Championship match-ups. May the best team win!

THEY DON'T KNOW!!!!

Smith County?  What do they have to do with me, I dont live there and I sure dont pull for them, actually they are a rival to my home town team B) !!!! So if u dont know what ur talking about, then keep ur mouth shut B) !!!!  Greenbrier will find out soon enough that Fulton is NO JOKE :D !!!!

825458990[/snapback]

Oh, Im sorry, that went a lil over your head. I figured that youd be pullin for the team out of your region since they were the last ones left from it. I mean, how long ago did your boys go out??? But, you seem to have already jumped ship for the team that beat them and not the Middle Tennessee squad. Oh, and Im sorry if you thought I didnt recognize that mighty purple, but I think I know who you call your "team", that is if you dont turn on them as well when they lose thumb And dont worry, since you cant root for your "team", youre still invited to sit with us at the big dance B)