Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

This can be batted back and forth for the next five days, but all this talk won't change anything. The players will let it all play out on the field. Both teams obviously deserve to be in the championship game. Saturday we will see which team wants it more. I know Greenbrier and Fulton will take into consideration this will be the LAST game for the Seniors and they will lay it all on the line.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can be batted back and forth for the next five days, but all this talk won't change anything.    The players will let it all play out on the field.  Both teams obviously deserve to be in the championship game.  Saturday we will see which team wants it more.    I know Greenbrier and Fulton will take into consideration this will be the LAST game for the Seniors and they will lay it all on the line.

825457192[/snapback]

You're right but unless I'm wrong that's what this for:TO TALK ABOUT IT!

Good luck to both teams! thumb

I'm not sure on how many plays they had in the first half. What mattered was the score. They kept trying to run because of field position. We handled that and the short passing game pretty well. They finally went deep after we scored our TD. It was a great call because they got down there on a deep ball against our corner who was the receiver on the long catch and run for our TD. He was still winded. We run alot of 8 man fronts on D and they exploited their one on one match-ups on the corner. If you don't throw on them you better expect to see 9 in the box on you. You can't block all of them.

Good luck to both teams. You have had wonderful years and are deserving candidates for the acollades. Greenbriar is a middle TN but Fulton knocked us out so, I'm not goona have a favorite. I will be there and hope to see a hard fought, clean, injury free game.

I'm sure Greenbrier has an excellent team and coaching staff or they wouldn't be were they are. But Fulton is going to be the best team you have faced this year by far. On defense it's going to be like a full court press the whole game, least little bobble and one of those athletes will make a play that could be fatal for your team. I sure Kingsbury had speed but I assure you they are no where close to Fulton. You might think that you will control the game with running the ball but Fulton can strike from anywhere at any time just ask Smith Co. Look out for Fulton's wedge buster on kick-offs he will really get the show started. Then hang on because Fulton's athletes are simply going to amaze everyone. Greenbrier better take advantage of every opportunity they get because Fulton is a real dangerous team with some of the best athletes I've seen on this level.

825456093[/snapback]

Fulton would not be here for 3 years in a row if they weren't all of what you say. I played at Greenbrier until I graduated in 03 and now go to school in Knoxville at UT. I've seen Fulton on TV up here and seen them in person 2 years ago in Murfreesboro. Fulton has speed everywhere and are exceptionally strong. We have seen speed and talent at the reciever position, we have seen speed and talent at the tailback spot, but maybe never like this. But I don't believe they have seen a defense like ours where there is all 11 guys on the pile every play. They say defense wins championships. I'm not taking anything from Fulton's D, but this Greenbrier team has something special. They were so close last year and this year they would not be denied. The unity and heart on this team is amazing. They have all of Robertson county behind them even White House. We will bring all with us to the 'Boro. Know that all of us alumni will be there cheering for you. This game will be a defensive struggle, not many points scored at all.

Greenbrier 13

Fulton 10

BRING IT HOME!!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to the talk, just walk the walk.

Edited by justin groves 03

This is going to be a CLOSE game. I dont want to predict a score, but the winner will not be more than 8 points ahead at the final buzzer. Im extremely proud of my Cats. I wouldve drove 10 hours last Friday if I had to thumb I live in Knoxville as well, so I am familiar with the Falcons. They are the best team in 3A we have faced this year. Obviously, both teams are great or they wouldnt be here. The one thing I want you to know is that you CAN do it. Play your game, and this is your year. You all know I tell it like it is, and this time is no different. Good luck to both teams, but Im behind the Cats 157% :D

Just to let you Falcon fans know,  you probably do have good fast players that can jump really high but I'm pretty sure you can't put 15 of them on the field at once.  And even with 11 of them on the field, 1 will be throwing the ball, at least 5 or 6 will be blocking for your QB (cause if not our D-line will eat you alive), at least 1 back to get the fake hand-off, and the other 3 or 4 should be covered, and by the time they get open, our D-line will have made it through and pressured the QB. Not saying that there is no way yall will get a pass off, but it will be harder than you think.

Also, our secondary should be able to jump pretty well with your receivers, maybe not as good but good enough.  Just so you know, Herndon (when he still played basketball) dunked from about 1 ft. in front of the free throw line when he was a sophomore.  He was no taller than 5'9" or 5'10" and he has only gotten stronger and faster since. Aldridge broke his wrist a couple years back dunking the ball he has gotten better as well.  And Adam Adcock, our other corner along with Aldridge is our long jumper and maybe high jumper on the track team and also does sprints on the track team, so we shouldn't have as much trouble with the passing as you're saying.  Also, when Pigg gets in the open field running the ball, he can fly; he outran and spaced himself from the Kingsbury secondary last Friday for an easy TD so you better watch him as well as Herndon.

825456419[/snapback]

Lets get one thing straight Im not from Fulton, I live in middle TN. I try to go to great football games every week to see different teams play. I have seen Greenbrier and I know what they can do, but this Fulton team is for REAL!!!! I dont care if you have Roger Herndon(Mr. Football, more than likely) or not. The Fulton team has a great defense, like Greenbrier, but an explosive offense. That is whats going to be the X-Factor in this game!!!! They have a good running back, and if he isnt getting it done, just let the QB do the rest. His receivers are tall, they have speed, and they can jump :D !!!! This will be a great game to watch :D !!!!

P.S. Im not Knocking Greenbrier, after all they are in the 3A State Championship game, but I just think they have a rough road ahead of them come Saturday.

Just curious......

Tell me about the two teams that Fulton lost early in the year. AE and Lenior. After reading many of these posts, it sounds like Fulton is unbeatable. Were these two other teams that incredible? They must have all ran 3.9s and must have jumped like L. James. What happened in these games? Why do you feel that Fulton lost to these two teams?

Just curious......

Tell me about the two teams that Fulton lost early in the year.  AE and Lenior.  After reading many of these posts, it sounds like Fulton is unbeatable.  Were these two other teams that incredible?  They must have all ran 3.9s and must have jumped like L. James.  What happened in these games?  Why do you feel that Fulton lost to these two teams?

825457332[/snapback]

No Fulton is not unbeatable and I ask the same question how could Lenoir City beat them. But Fulton beat LC in rd. 2 ... 48 to 12 I think. SC had 21 plays to Fulton's 6 the 1st quarter, and had their chance to really put Fulton in a big hole but their athletes made the plays to keep them in it. This team will lull you to death for a play or 2 then bam it's lights out. Greenbrier will feel like there in a basketball game because Fulton is going to press you all night man to man. It's unreal the talent and speed this Fulton team has. SC pretty much shut the run down but Fulton used the pass and those talented wr's to break the game wide open.Good Luck to both teams.

Just curious......

Tell me about the two teams that Fulton lost early in the year.  AE and Lenior.  After reading many of these posts, it sounds like Fulton is unbeatable.  Were these two other teams that incredible?  They must have all ran 3.9s and must have jumped like L. James.  What happened in these games?  Why do you feel that Fulton lost to these two teams?

825457332[/snapback]

NoDoubt...3:50 AM?.....get some sleep....you are going to need it.