Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

15 Herndons??? WHo are we playing Fulton or the New England Partriots? All this talk bout how Fulton is so good, yea im sure they are, but i dont think they are gonna be throwing the ball all over us. Two of our best athletes play the corner postion. So i think that they will match up with them pretty good. Yall know a kid by the name of Austin Rogers, well if not hes going to the University of Knoxville and we kept him pretty much in check, and we have done the same thing the last 2 weeks with some great recievers from jackson south side and kingsbury. So unless TO runs out of the tunnel with Fulton i think that we will be alright. Now not sayin we are gonna win or stop the pass completely, but i dont think that they will pass the ball all over us. And i know the main threat is Herndon, but you better watch out for Pigg cause he has come to play the last couple of games and i dont see anything changing with this one, the biggest one of the year coming up. So good luck to both teams and GO BOBCATS!!!

Edited by Yankees Are #1

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you Falcon fans know, you probably do have good fast players that can jump really high but I'm pretty sure you can't put 15 of them on the field at once. And even with 11 of them on the field, 1 will be throwing the ball, at least 5 or 6 will be blocking for your QB (cause if not our D-line will eat you alive), at least 1 back to get the fake hand-off, and the other 3 or 4 should be covered, and by the time they get open, our D-line will have made it through and pressured the QB. Not saying that there is no way yall will get a pass off, but it will be harder than you think.

Also, our secondary should be able to jump pretty well with your receivers, maybe not as good but good enough. Just so you know, Herndon (when he still played basketball) dunked from about 1 ft. in front of the free throw line when he was a sophomore. He was no taller than 5'9" or 5'10" and he has only gotten stronger and faster since. Aldridge broke his wrist a couple years back dunking the ball he has gotten better as well. And Adam Adcock, our other corner along with Aldridge is our long jumper and maybe high jumper on the track team and also does sprints on the track team, so we shouldn't have as much trouble with the passing as you're saying. Also, when Pigg gets in the open field running the ball, he can fly; he outran and spaced himself from the Kingsbury secondary last Friday for an easy TD so you better watch him as well as Herndon.

Edited by catsbball1

We're fast, you're fast.  We're strong, you're strong.  Both Greenbrier and Fulton are two AMAZING teams.  I agree with most everyone else, this will be a very close game.  I think this game will come down to special teams.  I'm not quite sure of what Fulton's kicking game is like, but I do know that Tucker went to MTSU's kicking camp this summer and kicked on the very same field that we will be on Saturday.  He was 15/16 for field goals from 45 in.  He shouldn't have any problems with the turf.  As for my prediction, I say..........

Greenbrier------10

Fulton------------6

825456302[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing if Greenbrier holds Fulton to 6 pts, then they deserve to be state champs. But I just don't see that happening.

Just to let you Falcon fans know,  you probably do have good fast players that can jump really high but I'm pretty sure you can't put 15 of them on the field at once.  And even with 11 of them on the field, 1 will be throwing the ball, at least 5 or 6 will be blocking for your QB (cause if not our D-line will eat you alive), at least 1 back to get the fake hand-off, and the other 3 or 4 should be covered, and by the time they get open, our D-line will have made it through and pressured the QB. Not saying that there is no way yall will get a pass off, but it will be harder than you think.

825456419[/snapback]

i feel much more educated now. :P

Somebody that saw the Fulton/Smith Co. game help me with something that is bothering me. I saw in the papper that smith Co. had 40+ plays in the first half and Fulton had 6, true or not? If thats the case then that means Fulton was manhandled in the first half and that means they "could" get abused like that again on Saturday. Smith Co. shot themselves in the foot with all the turnovers and it sounds like Smith Co. should be coming to Murfreesboro instead of Fulton. If Fulton can't generate any offense against GB Saturday then they are toast. Just stick a fork in 'em. When GB gets up on you they turn the dogs loose. You can look at there schedule, if you dare, and see that the good QB/WR combo were shut down by GB. Ask Lipscomb's combo. Hey, a pick sealed the game on Friday night. Opposing QBs have a hard time throwing to WRs when they have to run for their lives and it causes mistakes. So somebody that is, in the know, tell me if it's correct that Fulton had 6 plays last Friday in the first half.

i dont know who will win but i know that there wont be more than 28 points combined in this game. you fulton fans can say what u want about how athletic your offense is but i seriously doubt they can be much more athletic than southside and kingsbury. southside has the fastest and probably best receiver in the state and i think he might have had one catch againt greenbrier. its also hard to score when u dont have the ball. ask the hawks from jackson about that one.

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2' date='Nov 28 2004 - 03:16 PM']I agree with Superbowl, Cats.  They may be good, but sounds like they know how to exaggerate too.  :)

825456346[/snapback]

i thought they were exaggerating too. they said they have all this speed...i thought it was jus all hype. and after the game i was jus amazed. i promise u wont believe the speed they have. just wait...GB is thinkin jus like we did. but you all will see. they aint no joke. by far the fastest team i've seen play....and this is supposed to be their rebuilding year... :) scary.