Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

I know I said I will stay out of this but just couldn't help it. My take on the championship. Fulton is a team on a role. They believe now. The big bullyis off the street (AE) and now it is time for them to take over and be the bully. Fulton must continue to believe. They are not as good on paper as they were last year BUT...they have the right attitude. Thye are like New England Patriots. They believe in their coaches and believe inb each other. For Greenbriar to win. Be more physical than Fulton. Fulton played AE and kind of shell schocked them with their physical play. Fulton has never been able to run the ball effectively versus AE but they made a statement during the first half. There are several keys for you to win:

Fulton- 1.Come out and play 4 quarters.

2. Ish don't try to be a hero play within yourself and the gameplan.

3. Elliot Bishop don't try to do to much (this is from coach graham) The only one can stop you is you.

4. Get Tip Toe involved

5. Protect the punter

6. Limit to less than 4 yards on 1st down.

Next reply will be for Greenbriar.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbriar keys to beat Fulton:

1. Be more physical than them- they are young up front.

2. Have your center occupy MLB. He doesn't do well wants you are engaged with him.

3. Cut the big #40. He will get off high and look for the ball.

4. Try their secondary deep on play action. They have a tendacy to look in the backfield.

5. Win the field position war.Protect and cover on punt team. They returners can give them good field position. Stop the kick return.

6. Play 4 quarters. Fulton plays and wins on emotion. If you get a head they have quit before. But remember they are playing on emotion and feels they are destined.

7. Win time of possession. Establish a running game and force them to play catch up.

8. In the past 3 years what I noticed about their coaches is if the offense is off the field their coahces will panic and try to score quick. They don't have patience. Point in fact AE 2002.Fulton had the ball and momentum but threw 3 plays in a row and had to punt ot AE.

But still hope for the breaks. All big games are made by who get the breaks.

Where are from Boo? Have you ever seen Greenbrier play? I'm just wondering, I'm not trying to argue with you but what you said about controlling the clock, When Greenbrier played JSS, they ran 6 plays for a grand total of 9 yards in the second half to our 40+ plays and 180+ yards. Do you think that will work for us?

Also, good passing teams don't scare Greenbrier. Look at Sycamore last year. Their quarterback, Garza, wasn't to shabby and their passing game finished in the top ten or fifteen in the state. Greenbrier beat them twice last year and everyone from that defensive backfield returned this year.

Edited by justin groves 03

Greenbriar keys to beat Fulton:

1. Be more physical than them- they are young up front.

2. Have your center occupy MLB. He doesn't do well wants you are engaged with him.

3. Cut the big #40. He will get off high and look for the ball.

4. Try their secondary deep on play action. They have a tendacy to look in the backfield.

5. Win the field position war.Protect and cover on punt team. They returners can give them good field position. Stop the kick return.

6. Play 4 quarters. Fulton plays and wins on emotion. If you get a head they have quit before. But remember they are playing  on emotion and feels they are destined.

7. Win time of possession. Establish a running game and force them to play catch up.

8. In the past 3 years what I noticed about their coaches is if the offense is off the field their coahces will panic and try to score quick. They don't have patience. Point in fact AE 2002.Fulton had the ball and momentum but threw 3 plays in a row and had to punt ot AE.

But still hope for the breaks.  All big games are made by who get the breaks.

825457772[/snapback]

Appreciate it Boo, everything sounds good except the A in Greebrier. Later man :D

Where are from Boo? Have you ever seen Greenbrier play? I'm just wondering, I'm not trying to argue with you but what you said about controlling the clock, When Greenbrier played JSS, they ran 6 plays for a grand total of 9 yards in the second half to our 40+ plays and 180+ yards. Do you think that will work for us?

Also, good passing teams don't scare Greenbrier. Look at Sycamore last year. Their quarterback, Garza, wasn't to shabby and their passing game finished in the top ten or fifteen in the state. Greenbrier beat them twice last year and everyone from that defensive backfield returned this year.

825457789[/snapback]

I don't consider Fulton a passing team. They have good athletes. #2 Bishop is th etransfer from Austin East. I guess it paid off for him. They are a big play team. Theri WR's do better catching difficult balls than routine catches. All their WR's are good after the catch barrring the catch the ball. If you control the clock, from what I know about them they will force the action which cause for mistakes. There quarterback won't beat you. But he hasn't been beating himself latley. If your secondary make plays and stop the run you will win. But I caution you there return game is good. The only team that has stopped it is Austin East. But not every team is Austin East. By the way I am an AE fan. I get a lot of info from them. Since they lost they haven't been to kind with info. So I have to go on what I have gathered myself. Good Luck to Both Teams. GB make it close this year.

I don't think Greenbrier is coming over to the Boro just to make it close. This GB team has everything you need to win the Championship, including the special teams. They have size, speed, strength, skill people, kickers, punters, great coaching staff, and all of the intangibles necessary to win. Don't think that the Bobcats aren't on a mission....only this group started a long time ago on this mission.

If Gb controls the clock...it is lights out!!! Oh yeah...if it is physical you want...then you will get a mouthful of it this week from them. I can't find a weakness with this Bobcat team and I have seen too much of them already. I've said it before....you are going to think that the Bobcats have as many as 15 players on defense at one time. Those big guys up front toss 230 lb o-lineman around like rag dolls. They have exceptional LB's that will hit you like a ton of bricks. Oh yeah...they have a Mr. Football out there too....although I know he only cares about winning the game.

GBcat 2...I am only a football fan...that basketball thread is pitiful. Looks like I have about a week left for football........

Bulldog69 thanks for the support. Now to all fans, who cares about numbers in this one. Their is a whole lot more in this game then someone's size, speed, and statistics. It is that little muscle in your chest. I know the Fulton from a year ago, and I am expecting them to be close to the same kind of team or better than a year ago.

Although I do know the Greenbrier team from a year ago because was one of the players, and they are a better team then we were last year. I am not picking sides. It will be two class act teams playing the greatest game in the world. Good luck to Fulton, and good luck to my boys at Greenbrier. All goals have been accomplished, and only one more is left.

I HAVE SAID IT ONCE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN THE TEAM WITH THE MOST HEART WINS THIS ONE.

To go ahead and let all you fulton fans know, you can't judge or compare the heart of two teams until game day.