Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unfair for anyone associated with either team to say the other hasn't played a team like theirs before. The truth is that none of us have seen all of the others games. We were too busy bein faithful to our own to get to every game in the state! nothin wrong with that! A couple of people may have seen both of us play this year...but again...it's unfair to judge either team based on one game alone. Every game is different. I know for Fulton at least, that each game has showcased somebody different, or has brought out a different side to the players and coaches. Yeah against Smith we were successful in our air attack. But the previous couple of weeks we kept it on the ground more. And then the week or two before those we went to the air for the most part. I could go on and on. The point is, we don't know what to expect. Only that at this point, in the Championship game, we're almost guaranteed an incredible football game! I just wish we didn't have to play at MTSU, and rather at a high school field. I know they want to prevent homefield advantage and have the State somewhere nice....but you lose that whole atmosphere that IS high school football. That's one of the reasons why I love it the most!

GO FALCONS!!! Stay hungry and Bring it home!

Smith County fans....thanks for the support. I can honestly say that you have outclassed, 100%, other teams in your region. Thanks for an incredible football atmosphere Friday and one heck of a game! Good luck to ya'll in the future!!!

It's unfair for anyone associated with either team to say the other hasn't played a team like theirs before. The truth is that none of us have seen all of the others games. We were too busy bein faithful to our own to get to every game in the state! nothin wrong with that! A couple of people may have seen both of us play this year...but again...it's unfair to judge either team based on one game alone. Every game is different. I know for Fulton at least, that each game has showcased somebody different, or has brought out a different side to the players and coaches. Yeah against Smith we were successful in our air attack. But the previous couple of weeks we kept it on the ground more. And then the week or two before those we went to the air for the most part. I could go on and on. The point is, we don't know what to expect. Only that at this point, in the Championship game, we're almost guaranteed an incredible football game! I just wish we didn't have to play at MTSU, and rather at a high school field. I know they want to prevent homefield advantage and have the State somewhere nice....but you lose that whole atmosphere that IS high school football. That's one of the reasons why I love it the most!

GO FALCONS!!! Stay hungry and Bring it home!

Smith County fans....thanks for the support. I can honestly say that you have outclassed, 100%, other teams in your region. Thanks for an incredible football atmosphere Friday and one heck of a game! Good luck to ya'll in the future!!!

825455840[/snapback]

I agree. This game will be a new unchartered territory for both teams. We've faced Jackson South Side and Kingsbury as teams we've never played and now we face Fulton. Friday night we kept being called "Greenbrier County"---I don't know if that was because we have a big team, or because it looked like almost the whole county was in our stands. :lol:

I would think that at least some Smith County fans would want to bring this championship to Middle Tennessee. We've heard great things about Smith County and were looking forward to a Middle Tennessee head-knocker.

Here's to a class sportmanship week on these message boards with no trash-talk and an injury free game on Saturday.

Greenbrier is very similar to SC. i dont think they have a passin attack as good as us but their D is pretty good. ours was too....ya'll will see. its jus tough to hang with fulton. and they were one of the hardest hittin teams i've seen. i heard b4 our game that they werent very good hitters...well that person was way wrong. they slam ya every play. speed+power= state champs guess thats why they have done it over and over...good luck tryin though. :lol:

Greenbrier is very similar to SC. i dont think they have a passin attack as good as us but their D is pretty good. ours was too....ya'll will see. its jus tough to hang with fulton. and they were one of the hardest hittin teams i've seen. i heard b4 our game that they werent very good hitters...well that person was way wrong.  they slam ya every play. speed+power= state champs  guess thats why they have done it over and over...good luck tryin though.  :o

825455911[/snapback]

sleep23,

I don't know what kind of speed you guys have, but I think that is the one thing that probably seperates Greenbrier from SC. We have EXCELLENT team speed at all positions. Our defensive backs all run between 4.5 and 4.6 40's. That is what enabled us to play with and beat our last two opponents. Minus that speed, we probably get eliminated in the Quarterfinals.

So, I feel we have the opportunity to stick with Fulton in that category. I expect one heck of a football game!!!

Edited by FatCat

I'm sure Greenbrier has an excellent team and coaching staff or they wouldn't be were they are. But Fulton is going to be the best team you have faced this year by far. On defense it's going to be like a full court press the whole game, least little bobble and one of those athletes will make a play that could be fatal for your team. I sure Kingsbury had speed but I assure you they are no where close to Fulton. You might think that you will control the game with running the ball but Fulton can strike from anywhere at any time just ask Smith Co. Look out for Fulton's wedge buster on kick-offs he will really get the show started. Then hang on because Fulton's athletes are simply going to amaze everyone. Greenbrier better take advantage of every opportunity they get because Fulton is a real dangerous team with some of the best athletes I've seen on this level.

I'm sure Greenbrier has an excellent team and coaching staff or they wouldn't be were they are. But Fulton is going to be the best team you have faced this year by far. On defense it's going to be like a full court press the whole game, least little bobble and one of those athletes will make a play that could be fatal for your team. I sure Kingsbury had speed but I assure you they are no where close to Fulton. You might think that you will control the game with running the ball but Fulton can strike from anywhere at any time just ask Smith Co. Look out for Fulton's wedge buster on kick-offs he will really get the show started. Then hang on because Fulton's athletes are simply going to amaze everyone. Greenbrier better take advantage of every opportunity they get because Fulton is a real dangerous team with some of the best athletes I've seen on this level.

825456093[/snapback]

Thanks for the support!

Playing teams outside of your region is always an interesting venture. One never knows for sure what to expect…but I can tell you for sure that we will be prepared for Battle and will play our hearts out until the end.

Yes, we have athletes and many Weapons, but our coaches do a great job putting the Playmakers in a position to make the plays and they utlilize each of our assets to our advantage on the field. we have a knack for exploiting what the defense allows us...If you choose to shut down the run (like Smith), we can get you with the pass and challenge the DBs...If you put an emphasis on stopping the pass, we can use a change of pace on the ground.

Another thing that is not talked about as much, but should be given the credit due, is the Defense and Special Team. Eventhough we have 7 or so Sophomores that start and contribute on defense, Coatney has them prepared each week and, although young, they have been up to each and every challenge that has been thrown their way. Also, you can’t say enough about the effort on Special Teams…those guys put it on the line and sacrifice life and limb on every kickoff and punt. Our kicking game has also made tremendous strides and has been on par throughout the playoffs and the kickers have developed into one of the best that we have seen in some time.

This team is really meshing at the right time and if we play Our Game, we will be hard to beat…no matter the competition!

Go Falcons!!!

Edited by msmoker21

The Fulton Falcons have put togeather the best coaching staff in the State.  Coach Coatney has the likes of Bob Black Sr. who is  head coaching material himself , his son Rob Black who had done a outstanding job himself as offensive coordinator.  There are others on this staff such as Chad Smith who have brought this team along during the season, and have built them into a explosive team.  These guys deserve all the credit of developing these young men.  Fulton is on the verge of building a dynasty in 3A football and from what I've seen and heard, if I had a son wanting to play football and learn character these guys are the best in the area.  Great job coaches.  Best of luck to the Falcons.  They will represent Knoxville well on the field and off.  Class group!!!!

825455513[/snapback]

I agree 100%. I also think that Jody Wright has been a great mentor to Buck, just from a general coaching perspective. I see many similarities in their approaches to the kids, and philosophy with regard to discipline, and character. That is definately a big reason foe the schools sucess on many levels.

i watched fulton friday night and for some reason they didnt impress me much. i know the ended up winning big but it was 7-6 at half. against a team that they were way more athletic than.the speed was impressive but it seamed like if you stop the deep ball they had no offense they werent running it at all against smith.

saw greenbrier against white house and in preseason. the white house game was not impressive at all but white house had a great team.greenbrier has  a good defense much like smith co. and a great running back in herndon. i would like to say greenbrier is the better team. but i think the fact that fulton has been there before could make all the difference in the world.

these two teams look to be very differnt in their approach to me. so im not even gonna try to predict a score. but can somebody tell me why smith co. didnt throw deep/middle on fulton? the safety was in the linebackers back pocket.they scored off it once and never went back to it,why?

825455530[/snapback]

I will tell you why we didn't throw it deep across the middle. We could not protect well enough. It is hard to block 9 nine guys. But I see what you are saying though. I would have tried to do it also.