Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

sleep23,

I don't know what kind of speed you guys have, but I think that is the one thing that probably seperates Greenbrier from SC.  We have EXCELLENT team speed at all positions.  Our defensive backs all run between 4.5 and 4.6 40's.  That is what enabled us to play with and beat our last two opponents.  Minus that speed, we probably get eliminated in the Quarterfinals.

So, I feel we have the opportunity to stick with Fulton in that category.  I expect one heck of a football game!!!

825456032[/snapback]

That's about the same speed that Smith County has. The SC DB's only got burnt one time....they were in position, but the Fulton players went up and got the ball. Great athletes. Greenbriar better bring everything they have in this game. Good Luck to both teams.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier, you might as well sit back and read these messages while the Fulton Falcons talk among themselves about how great they are, or better yet, don't let the players read these at all. Talk is a psychological part of the game and Fulton is going to have an answer for anything Greenbrier fans say. Yes, they've won the championship before and they can tout that claim. It will be a tough game to go into, but I've seen both Fulton and Greenbrier. Just as Fulton says Greenbrier hasn't played a team like Fulton, neither have they played one like Greenbrier where Greenbrier defense has run receivers down from behind. To me, playing in the semifinals last year, and getting to the finals this year says Greenbrier is a force to be reckoned with and with a better overall record than Fulton this year, they deserve to be in the playoffs just as much as Fulton. So don't play into their hype. Overconfidence kills.

Greenbrier, you might as well sit back and read these messages while the Fulton Falcons talk among themselves about how great they are, or better yet, don't let the players read these at all.  Talk is a psychological part of the game and Fulton is going to have an answer for anything Greenbrier fans say.  Yes, they've won the championship before and they can tout that claim.  It will be a tough game to go into, but I've seen both Fulton and Greenbrier.    Just as Fulton says Greenbrier hasn't played a team like Fulton, neither have they played one like Greenbrier where Greenbrier defense has run receivers down from behind.  To me, playing in the semifinals last year, and getting to the finals this year says Greenbrier is a force to be reckoned with and with a better overall record than Fulton this year, they deserve to be in the playoffs just as much as Fulton.  So don't play into their hype.  Overconfidence kills.

825456229[/snapback]

theres hardly been a fulton fan to post on this thread. most people giving us support are fans of other teams that we have played (which is appreciated). theres probably only been a dozen posts from fulton fans.

sleep23,

I don't know what kind of speed you guys have, but I think that is the one thing that probably seperates Greenbrier from SC.  We have EXCELLENT team speed at all positions.  Our defensive backs all run between 4.5 and 4.6 40's.  That is what enabled us to play with and beat our last two opponents.  Minus that speed, we probably get eliminated in the Quarterfinals.

So, I feel we have the opportunity to stick with Fulton in that category.  I expect one heck of a football game!!!

825456032[/snapback]

we have about the same speed. i jus hope ur DBs can jump, cuz those falcons recievers will jump over anyone and catch the ball. its tough to compete with that. especially when they r makin some of the catches they made against us the other night. if u shut down their run then u gotta face that awesome passin game. i jus dont seen anyone stoppin them. i'm pretty sure it is safe to say that the real championship game for 3A was won when fulton beat AE.

I'm sure Greenbrier has an excellent team and coaching staff or they wouldn't be were they are. But Fulton is going to be the best team you have faced this year by far. On defense it's going to be like a full court press the whole game, least little bobble and one of those athletes will make a play that could be fatal for your team. I sure Kingsbury had speed but I assure you they are no where close to Fulton. You might think that you will control the game with running the ball but Fulton can strike from anywhere at any time just ask Smith Co. Look out for Fulton's wedge buster on kick-offs he will really get the show started. Then hang on because Fulton's athletes are simply going to amaze everyone. Greenbrier better take advantage of every opportunity they get because Fulton is a real dangerous team with some of the best athletes I've seen on this level.

825456093[/snapback]

Rocking Chair,

I can fully understand your position. But, there is another way we are different. We play only 6 regions games as compared to your 9 region games. So, we have to play 4 out of region games vs. your 1. And, y'all only play Gordonsville. We play the likes of Ft. Campbell (Finished regular season 9-1), David Lipscomb, Beech, and White House. And, then, we have to play the very athletic teams from West TN in the playoffs.

We are VERY FAMILIAR with playing talented, well-coached teams. Region 4 fans haven't had the perspective of what Greenbrier has had to go thru to get to this point. Fulton may or may not be the best team we have faced this year. We have already faced some very, very tough teams. Kingsbury was outstanding and lightening fast. White House was darn good. You know David Lipscomb's history. Etc., etc., etc. Just because this is by far the toughest team you guys in Region 4 have seen doesn't mean it is the toughest that us in Region 5 has seen.

We may end up being "overmatched", but I seriously doubt it. Our guys are more than ready for anything (speed, talent, hard-hitting, leaping, coaching, etc.) these guys have to offer!

And, one other thing I have left off. Fulton has talked about how well their coaching staff makes adjustments at halftime. That is also another big strength of this team. We are a "2nd half" team. The coaching staff does a tremendous job with halftime adjustments.

Bottom line, it will come down to execution. Whenever you have two talented teams, it comes down to whoever executes best, has less turnovers, less penalties.....and not to mention who steps up to make plays.

Sounds like that was the case with SC. SC is obviously a talented team, itself. They just had way too many turnovers and penalties.....otherwise they would have been in a position to win the game.....regardless of how good Fulton is. I would say their turnovers and penalties did more to lose that game than did Fulton's receivers.

Edited by FatCat

Greenbrier, you might as well sit back and read these messages while the Fulton Falcons talk among themselves about how great they are, or better yet, don't let the players read these at all.  Talk is a psychological part of the game and Fulton is going to have an answer for anything Greenbrier fans say.  Yes, they've won the championship before and they can tout that claim.  It will be a tough game to go into, but I've seen both Fulton and Greenbrier.    Just as Fulton says Greenbrier hasn't played a team like Fulton, neither have they played one like Greenbrier where Greenbrier defense has run receivers down from behind.  To me, playing in the semifinals last year, and getting to the finals this year says Greenbrier is a force to be reckoned with and with a better overall record than Fulton this year, they deserve to be in the playoffs just as much as Fulton.  So don't play into their hype.  Overconfidence kills.

825456229[/snapback]

FYI...Most of the pro-Fulton comments that I have been reading on this thread are from fans of other teams that have faced Fulton throughout the year (many of the comments have came from Smith County fans). I think that speaks volumes about our program and is greatly APPRECIATED. We dont need a debate on a fan's message board to give us an edge...We do our talking on the field!

Like I said before...Call us "favorites", call us "underdogs" or whatever you'd like, because our team doesnt worry about the labels, we just worry about Taking Care of Business!!!

Good Luck to both teams...GO BIG MAROON!!!!!

We're fast, you're fast. We're strong, you're strong. Both Greenbrier and Fulton are two AMAZING teams. I agree with most everyone else, this will be a very close game. I think this game will come down to special teams. I'm not quite sure of what Fulton's kicking game is like, but I do know that Tucker went to MTSU's kicking camp this summer and kicked on the very same field that we will be on Saturday. He was 15/16 for field goals from 45 in. He shouldn't have any problems with the turf. As for my prediction, I say..........

Greenbrier------10

Fulton------------6

Just wait till you see Greenbrier's defense, then you will realize it should be a close, defensive game.

825455360[/snapback]

They have twice the speed u have, plus they can jump into the clouds. You better hope that Greenbrier works on their jumping ability, because all Fulton's QB has to do is throw it up and it WILL be caught!!!! :D Yes I know you have Roger Herndon, but they have about 15 players just like him :lol: !!!!

They have twice the speed u have, plus they can jump into the clouds. 

Yes I know you have Roger Herndon, but they have about 15 players just like him !!!!

825456332[/snapback]

Well that does it---if there are 15 Roger Herndon's, Greenbrier should stay home.

;);):lol::lol:

Which one of those 15 is nominated for Mr. Football???

I agree with Superbowl, Cats. They may be good, but sounds like they know how to exaggerate too. ;)