Greenbrier vs Fulton

timbdp

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobcats....what a great season. Yeah, maybe it didn't end the way you wanted it too, but you went as long as you could, and faught the whole year. You earned the respect of many! Thanks for the best football season Greenbrier has ever had!!!!

To the Seniors - You guys went out with something no other Greenbrier team can say....You had the chance to run out of the tunnel at MTSU and you played for the State Title. You guys are awesome and I'm glad to be apart of such a great class. Thanks again for a great run.

To all the Bobcats coming back next year - Don't listen to what anyone says...You guys are still going to be good, just work hard. Thats all it takes. We believe in you!!!

To the small town of Greenbrier - The crowd we had today was unbelieveable. I knew we had sold alot of tickets at the high school, however, I didn't realize just how many that was until right at game time when I turned around and looked up in the stands. Yall are great! And for everyone who stuck around by the buses waiting for the guys to come out. That was awesome, and cheering for EVERY player who walked out of those doors. Just another example of what a great town we live in!!!!

Fulton - You had a very good ball team. Yall deserved what you got. We didn't give you as good of a run as I thought......we just didn't capitalize on things. (Not taking anything away from yall, but I'm sure the score could have been much closer) Congrats on your win! And good luck to yall next season!

Ok Sorry I'm done blabbing now...... :lol:

Well, where should I start?

First, Great year Greenbrier, your kids had a tremendous run. Not to take anything away from what you have accomplished, but I think the game showed that there is definitely a different brand of ball being played in the Knoxville area. The speed of the game was much too quick and GB was never comfortable getting their offense going. I still stand by my pre-game statement that Smith County had the best defense we faced…their DL and LBs were incredible…much more so than your club. GB made an attempt to stop our receivers by rolling safeties over and, like was stated before, we took what the defense gave us and exposed that area...being multi-dimensional was the most critical factor in us being victorious. Herndon is a good player, but let’s just leave it at that…good, but not spectacular….but I guess that could also be a testament to our defense. I also have to disagree with previous posters...Heart was not the determining factor today. I am sure you guys had tremendous heart, but heart doesnt help when our line is playing smash-mouth football and also couldnt help you with deficiancies with quickness and speed!!!

Second, Great game Falcons players and Staff...you went out and took care of business, bringing home the Gold Ball and tremendous Pride to the Fulton Community again this year!!! Everyone is so proud of this team...fighting threw the adversities of the season and overcoming youthful mistakes and inexperience, to prove all the Naysayers wrong!!! You are true Champions!!!

I was also impressed with the way T Cobb rebounded to carry the mail and then lay some serious lumber. Jam was the silent assassin, using his great vision to shred the defense. Antonio was a monster on defense. It was a total team effort and this year has to rank as one of the finest High School Coaching endeavors.

CONGRATS TO THE BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPION FULTON FALCONS!!!

Edited by msmoker21

Well, where should I start?

First, Great year Greenbrier, your kids had a tremendous run.  Not to take anything away from what you have accomplished, but I think the game showed that there is definitely a different brand of ball being played in the Knoxville area.  The speed of the game was much too quick and GB was never comfortable getting their offense going.  I still stand by my pre-game statement that Smith County had the best defense we faced…their DL and LBs were incredible…much more so than your club.  GB made an attempt to stop our receivers by rolling safeties over and, like was stated before, we took what the defense gave us and exposed that area...being multi-dimensional was the most critical factor in us being victorious.  Herndon is a good player, but let’s just leave it at that…good, but not spectacular….but I guess that could also be a testament to our defense.  I also have to disagree with previous posters...Heart was not the determining factor today.  I am sure you guys had tremendous heart, but heart doesnt help when our line is playing smash-mouth football and also couldnt help you with deficiancies with quickness and speed!!!

Second, Great game Falcons players and Staff...you went out and took care of business, bringing home the Gold Ball and tremendous Pride to the Fulton Community again this year!!!  Everyone is so proud of this team...fighting threw the adversities of the season and overcoming youthful mistakes and inexperience, to prove all the Naysayers wrong!!!  You are true Champions!!!

I was also impressed with the way T Cobb rebounded to carry the mail and then lay some serious lumber.  Jam was the silent assassin, using his great vision to shred the defense.  Antonio was a monster on defense.  It was a total team effort and this year has to rank as one of the finest High School Coaching endeavors.

CONGRATS TO THE BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPION FULTON FALCONS!!!

825467950[/snapback]

Congrats to the Falcons... Bobcats... we're all still proud of you!!!! Great season!

msoker..whatever.. i highly disagree with you concerning Roger... if he was just a good player... he wouldn't be Mr. Football... What u saw him do in one game doesn't tell the whole story.

Cam and Jacob, I thought ya'll played really good today... best I've seen you play Cam

Good player eh? Lets try 2,000 yards on about 350 carries. If thats not spectacular then please tell me what . Anyways, congratulations to both teams on great seasons. Greenbrier, you have nothing to hang your heads about. You had a great run over the last 2 years. Good luck to Roger on your future in football. Hope to see you in the Black and Gold.

I want to start out first by saying congrats, to both teams! you both played very well this season!

ok...my one "soap box comment". I don't think you can judge how "good" a player is by one game, especially when it is an off game; which from what i hear, is what it was for GB! i think that he must be something sepcial if he is "MR. Football"

Congrats to GB....you guys went far this season! good luck next season.

Congrats to Fulton!!! You guys orived that you CAN turn a season around, and you made it TWO back to back state championships! good job! good luck to ya'll next season! it's been a great season in football, no matter what region! lot's of suprises!!!!

2,000 yards vs. Region 5-3A competition...is that really saying anything????  In our region, he would be average!!!

Like I said, he is a descent back, but not spetacular!!!

825468009[/snapback]

I have played against some great backs including Dustin Lindsey, Marcus Buggs, etc... and he definitely falls into the category with some of these guys. Give him credit 2,000 yards, come on. He had a couple runs where he made Fulton players look sick today so I dont really see what you are saying. He didnt have many holes to work with today. Great player and a class act. No doubt about it.

Way to go Bobcats----although the Falcons made half time adjustments, they were no better than you were in the first half. Their adjustments paid off. Your both ended 13-2 but this year the championship was not meant to be for the Bobcats.

I wasn't "impressed" with the Fulton fans. I was walking behind a family to the cars in the parking lot and a couple of Fulton fans started talking smack to a middle age woman that walking behind her family, not even speaking, only wearing a Greenbrier shirt. Nothing warranted that. What winners---- :lol:

We're proud of you Greenbrier! You had a great season and you Seniors have had great memories of your years together.

Both teams definitely deserved to be where they were today. Also, I don't think Greenbrier played their best football today, but the better team won and that's all that matters. I would have liked to see a closer game, but we were a little behind yall the whole way. The key wasn't the passing or running game; it was the O and D lines. Our lines just weren't up to the task today and yall's lines were playing great. The kicking game was definitely off from both teams. I think GB should have thrown the ball more than they did, but we stuck with what has worked all year and that is running; it's just too bad Fulton was able to stop it. Good season Cats, and great game to the Falcons.

To this years Seniors: yall did a fantastic job this year and everyone in GB is proud of you. This will be a season to remember for years to come. Juniors-good luck next year, keep up the good work.

The crowd from Greenbrier was outstanding. I can't believe there were so many people there. I'm not even gonna guess how many pepole were there. Does anyone know?

P.S.-Fulton is in the middle of a dynasty for the next coulple of years; already have 2 state titles in a row and at least a chance for 2 more the next couple years. Good luck in the future Falcons :lol:

Way to go Bobcats----although the Falcons made half time adjustments, they were no better than you were in the first half.  Their adjustments paid off.  Your both ended 13-2  but this year the championship was not meant to be for the Bobcats.   

I wasn't  "impressed" with the Fulton fans.  I was walking behind a family to the cars in the parking lot and a couple of Fulton fans started talking smack to a middle age woman that walking behind her family, not even speaking, only wearing a Greenbrier shirt.  Nothing warranted that.  What winners---- :lol:

We're proud of you Greenbrier!  You had a great season and you Seniors have had great memories of your years together.

825468020[/snapback]

You see a couple of people acting out and you generalize that to not being impressed with the "Fulton fans." If that makes you feel better about your loss, so be it!!!

Edited by msmoker21