Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think it'll be a blowout. i think this game will be an ultimate test for both teams. i know nothing about aloca's program but i have heard about the Lindsey kid. with him being recruited by USC and UT, sounds to me that he's a big time rusher and has a good offensive line that blocks for him. same way for phillip "boo" weathers and chris donald. my point is, is that both teams have great offensives and defenses. so yes, this will be a heck of a matchup for both programs. this game will not be a blowout. i still say huntingdon over alcoa by one TD and an extra point. Roll Mustangs Roll!!!!

Huntingdon - 35

Acloa - 27

No offense to Huntingdon, but Alcoa has the best running back in the state. If he can run for 274 in a state semi-final game, he has to be the real deal. With their balance on offense that their tought and athletic defensive front 4, they will win in a good game. For a true MHS Rebel fan to say Alcoa is going to win, you know it must be true.

Huntington has something many of the Alcoa players don't have, the championship game experience. I look for that to come into play and be a clear advantage to Huntington. Facing the facts here: No one has stopped Huntington's rushing attack, and NO team in the state could stop it. The games Huntington lost, Boo and Donald both ran wild anyway. I am not even a Huntington fan, I'm from Camden and got to see Huntington on a couple occasions. They are by far the most physical team we saw, they just flat out whipped us up front. I think the keys for Alcoa to win are:

1. Create Turnovers - They won't stop the running game, but if they can halt a drive by causing a fumble or stripping the ball, it would be a huge momentum shifter.

2. Win the field position battle - To increase their chances of creating defensive stops, they will have to force Huntington to start drives deep on their side of the field.

3. Score, Score, Score - To win, they will have to outscore Huntington. They really need to see that Huntington will get theirs, Boo and Donald will get theirs, so I say focus on the things that you can control.

It's gonna be a good game, for sure, but I'm pulling for Huntingon. I believe they will pull this one out. Final - Huntington 34 Alcoa 20.

Edited by lionschs

The Mustangs will be ready for the big game.. The Mustangs will need all of West Tennessee yelling for them and it will be Awesome watching them play in back to back state championship games. Thanks to all of the surrounding towns and support from everyone that will be there pulling for a west tennessee team to win since all of the players from the west were looked over in the Mr. Football awards.Congrads to all of the West Tennessee players that went up to Nashville yesterday and came home disappointed. This will be added fuel to the fire for the whole Mustangs team for they have all worked hard to get attention this way. Bring Home the Gold Ball Mustang...

Call Dan at ESPN radio and tell him you want him to start a Mr. West Tennessee Award winner. 731-968-3500 All of the players in the west keep getting looked over.

Huntington has something many of the Alcoa players don't have, the championship game experience. I look for that to come into play and be a clear advantage to Huntington. Facing the facts here: No one has stopped Huntington's rushing attack, and NO team in the state could stop it. The games Huntington lost, Boo and Donald both ran wild anyway. I am not even a Huntington fan, I'm from Camden and got to see Huntington on a couple occasions. They are by far the most physical team we saw, they just flat out whipped us up front. I think the keys for Alcoa to win are:

1. Create Turnovers - They won't stop the running game, but if they can halt a drive by causing a fumble or stripping the ball, it would be a huge momentum shifter.

2. Win the field position battle - To increase their chances of creating defensive stops, they will have to force Huntington to start drives deep on their side of the field.

3. Score, Score, Score - To win, they will have to outscore Huntington. They really need to see that Huntington will get theirs, Boo and Donald will get theirs, so I say focus on the things that you can control.

It's gonna be a good game, for sure, but I'm pulling for Huntingon. I believe they will pull this one out. Final - Huntington 34  Alcoa 20.

825459820[/snapback]

couldnt agree with you more. you're right. turnovers would be a big factor in this game. huntingdon has had trouble with turnovers. mansfield will have them ready. they'll keep practicing until everything is right. this friday will be a showdown.

By the way, M.B.R.B. who are you?

Edited by westTN2004

i dont know about everyone else but i'm getting really pumped about this game.

all these folks from east tennessee have labeled alcoa as a 3A and 4A state title contender. i respect their opinion. if huntingdon were to dismantle alcoa.. (i say IF) where would that put the mustangs? and west tennessee 2A football for that matter. would we finally get the picture that sometimes classification and school size just doesnt matter when you have a winning mindset and the right group of guys playing the game?

last year we all saw huntingdon put on one of the best masterpieces against a "supposedly good" david lipscomb team. i seriously think that the perfect game huntingdon had would have troubled any team, regardless of classification.

like i said i respect all the alcoa supporters opinions but let's hope all those promises dont come up empty.

i think that huntingdon has a more dynamic offensive attack with chris, boo, scott, and desmond. the only problem is we haven't seen quite the offensive spark that we saw in the regular season. it's been the defense that has shined so far. but i think when you put this offense on artifical turf big plays are going to happen all over the place. maybe we'll break more records this year and maybe dustin lindsey will get his record too.

34-14, with Huntingdon on top.

(because i want the alcoa RB to break the record)