Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

You know that Huntingdon had a back go for 328 yards and 6TD's against David Lipscomb last year.  No he doesn't play anymore but he has been replaced just fine by Boo Weathers this year.  Weathers is in my opinion the winner of the Mr. Football Award, but in all likelyhood Turner from Goodpasture will get the award.  David Lipscomb had a star back by the name of Cutler Robertson who won the Mr. Football Award in 2003, but when his team played Huntingdon he was hit in the backfield all night long.

825457840[/snapback]

I was sorta hoping Weathers would win it so we could do the same to him Friday night. It sure would set of guys on fire if he did win.

And I don't have to mention about Lindsay being over looked. You think he's hyped right now?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booooo might be a factor but Donald a sophmore hasn't been hit like he is about to be. I could be wrong but  i don't think either of them hasn't been hit like they are going to be.

Are either of these backs returners from the team last year that ran for 200+ against lipscomb? You do know ALcoa's back Lindsay rush for like 278 against D.L. this year?

825457827[/snapback]

Boo has replaced Bell (6 TDs and 300+yds against Lipscomb) just fine. If he ever breaks through the secondary, the defense might as well take a knee. They might need the energy on the kickoff return.

Donald will do just fine also. This sophmore is listed at 6'1" and 205. The Milan radio announcers Friday night refered to him as a college running back running on a high school team. When he runs it seems that the defensive players are the ones taking the licks.

Guest catfish-hunter

I think that Dustin is one heck of a football player and I also feel that he was jobbed when he wasn't named one of the finalists for the Mr. Football Award. Anyone who sets the record for most TD's in state history should definately be in the running. Weathers has also had a great season and he is deserving. I feel that the only reason that Rogers and Turner were in the running is because of their status in terms of playing D-1A college football next year. The sad part is that those guys did not put up near the stats as some of the other guys who could have been on the list.

Dustin Lindsay (Alcoa)

Phillip "Boo" Weathers (Huntingdon)

Markei Guy (Westview)

Daylan Walker (Milan)

Bobby Martin (Fairview)

Chris Donald (Huntingdon)

Landon Jones (Cheatham)

Josh Boyd (Camden)

Eli Fisher (Loretto)

These are some of the guys who played for playoff teams this year that had better numbers that Goodpasture's Patrick Turner or David Lipscomb's Burton Elrod. That just proves the theory that politics are mainly involved in determining who should be the winner of the Mr. Football Awards.

Alcoa also hasn't had to use its starters throughout a whole game b/c by half-time its over.  I won't say huntingdon is bad b/c they are steppin up their game and playing really well, but if Alcoa uses its starters in all night the Stangs will be in for one tough night.  Alcoa doesn't let up nor will they allow huntingdon to dominate.  From start to finish alcoa will be giving it their A game.

825457152[/snapback]

Milan was double over and sucking wind trying to play a whole game last year against the Stangs. Our boys will be ready. GO MUSTANGS!!!!! :D

Huntingdon is going to win because Alcoa just ain't physcial enough in the trenches. 

"I know that there is going to be some idiot on here that says"

Alcoa may win, but I can promise them that Huntingdon will hit them like they've never been hit before. 

825457829[/snapback]

Let me be your idiot:

1) Have you seen Alcoa play?

2) Has Huntingdon ever played Maryville? Alcoa played them to 13 points, the closest regular season game Maryville had. It don't get any more physical than that.

3) You should watch using terms like idiot. It will usually "splash" back on you.

4) You are making wishful and uninformed statements.

5) See ya' Friday!

Just so Alcoa Fans know.....

Phillip "Boo" Weathers has 2,300+ yards rushing this year.

Chris Donald has 1,500 yards rushing this year!

Thats smashmouth football for you!

GO STANGS!!!

825457902[/snapback]

AA Back of the year.

Patrick Turner

Goodpasture

Finalists

Austin Rogers

David Lipscomb

Phillip Weathers

Huntingdon

AA lineman of the year.

Desmond Hendricks

Tyner Academy

Finalists

Jacques Pipkins

Carver

Brandon Warren

Alcoa

I was sorta hoping Weathers would win it so we could do the same to him Friday night. It sure would set of guys on fire if he did win.

And I don't have to mention about Lindsay being over looked. You think he's hyped right now?

825457866[/snapback]

I think our entire will be "hyped" as you say. If the Mustangs decide that they don't want to forfeit the game then I'm sure the team will give Mr. Lindsay a humble bow when he walks onto the field..... thumb.. We call it "psyched" here in Carroll County. Remember we're just good ole boys and take it easy on us!

I think our entire will be "hyped" as you say.  If the Mustangs decide that they don't want to forfeit the game then I'm sure the team will give Mr. Lindsay a humble bow when he walks onto the field..... thumb..  We call it "psyched" here in Carroll County.  Remember we're just good ole boys and take it easy on us!

825457970[/snapback]

If Weathers had one that's what it would have been.

hype n. 1. Something intended to decieve.2.Exaggerated advertising or promotion.

throw a d on it for slang!LOL