Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does 61-52 grab ya with an average strength ranking of 21st....Alcoa's is 26th....and your point is???....seems that if you want to compare numbers the mustangs win hands down.

825457560[/snapback]

Strength rating? And your point is? Seems as if the Mustangs should be ranked #1 then huh?

With the playoff teams included I am showing the mustangs opponets 83-66, Tornadoes 81-79.

As far as scoring I am showing ALCOA at 587-113. Mustangs at 482-142.

I think this will be a good game no doubt or both teams wouldn't be here. My assumption is that the Mustangs are more RUN oriented and the Tornadoes have more of a Run PASS attack. If Alcoa can stop the run I believe they win this game by 21. If they can't stop it and both teams play to their potential providing there are no big play turnovers I think they when by 7.

Alcoa I think has too many big time players and they use them as well as can be done.

9yr.oldchamps the Huntingdon fans would be glad for you to come on to M'boro and sit on the home side with us.  You're right, the more I learn about Alcoa the better the game sounds.

Go Mustangs

825457628[/snapback]

Actually it was 77,78,79 back to back to back... Since there is more seating than what D.L. had on their visitors side I guess I will be behind my team. However we did sit on D.L. side last friday. They were nice fans.

I can't wait for friday night. If Huntingdon is everything they say they are and they are as good as they were last year then this game should be awesome. I will be there supporting my boys from Alcoa, but i hope it isn't a blowout. Personally, as an Alcoa fan i want to see them play a team that is on there level because I am tired of watching blowouts where people can't even stand up to Alcoa. I want Huntingdon to be the second best team they play all year( behind Maryville of course) so that we have an interesting game to watch. Heck, we might even get to see the same game two years in a row because Alcoa isn't losing anybody next year. Looking forward to friday and good luck Tornadoes, Rebs, and Falcons.

Alcoa---- 34

Huntingdon---- 28

There will be no blowouts in this one my friends. I look forward to an exciting hard hitting game with athletes all over the field. Alcoa has faced one outstanding opponent during the season Maryville, who they lost to. Alcoa fans tell me though....I heard your last TD scored was against the Rebels 3rd team which kind of made the score look more respectable than it really was. I'm just wondering? :ph34r: Could somebody give a recap of that game?

Final Score Huntingdon 26 Alcoa 21

Just looking at these two teams since the play-offs...........

Alcoa doesn't have the defense to stop Huntingdon's running attack.

Huntingdon will have to stop Linsey.

In the Red Zone it looks like they go to Linsey alot. Can the Tornadoes stop

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo? Remember Huntingdon has BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back next year with Donald. Best 1 2 punch in the state.

Stangs bring home the GOLD BALL. I hope that the wind is blowing hard again this week to make it a running game for both teams. Can't throw the ball on windy nights.

95 hours till Kick off

Alcoa 2004 Schedule Analysis

Of the 15 games scheduled, 93% have been played.

Home games: 9 (60%)

Away games: 6 (40%)

District games: 0 (0%)

Opponent breakdown by class:

· 10 games against AA schools (9-0)

· 3 games against AAAAA schools (3-0)

· 1 games against AAAA schools (0-1)

· 1 games against II-AA schools (1-0)

Points For: 574

Points Against: 126

Average Margin: 32 (1: Sweetwater, AA)

Largest Margin: 56 (2: Oliver Springs, AA ... Wartburg, AA)

Smallest Margin: -13 (1: Maryville, AAAA)

Scheduled meetings with each opponent:

· 2 games against #4 Rockwood (AA, 11-2)

· 2 games against #16 Sweetwater (AA, 8-4)

· 1 game against #3 David Lipscomb (AA, 12-2)

· 1 game against Hampton (AA, 4-7)

· 1 game against Harriman (AA, 3-7)

· 1 game against Heritage (AAAAA, 2-8)

· 1 game against #2 Huntingdon (AA, 12-2)

· 1 game against #6 Knoxville Webb (II-AA, 6-6)

· 1 game against #1 Maryville (AAAA, 14-0)

· 1 game against Oliver Springs (AA, 1-9)

· 1 game against South Doyle (AAAAA, 1-9)

· 1 game against Wartburg (AA, 4-7)

· 1 game against William Blount (AAAAA, 3-7)

Huntingdon 2004 Schedule Analysis

Of the 15 games scheduled, 93% have been played.

Home games: 8 (53%)

Away games: 7 (47%)

District games: 3 (20%)

Opponent breakdown by class:

· 13 games against AA schools (10-2)

· 1 games against A schools (1-0)

· 1 games against AAA schools (1-0)

Points For: 465

Points Against: 159

Average Margin: 21 (1: Decatur Co. Riverside, AA)

Largest Margin: 52 (1: Chester Co., AA)

Smallest Margin: -9 (1: Milan, AA)

Scheduled meetings with each opponent:

· 2 games against #5 Camden Central (AA, 11-2)

· 2 games against #9 Milan (AA, 9-5)

· 1 game against #25 Adamsville (AA, 6-5)

· 1 game against #1 Alcoa (AA, 13-1)

· 1 game against #14 Cheatham Co. (AA, 8-4)

· 1 game against Chester Co. (AA, 4-6)

· 1 game against Decatur Co. Riverside (AA, 2-8)

· 1 game against #21 Hollow Rock-Bruceton (A, 5-6)

· 1 game against #12 Lexington (AAA, 7-4)

· 1 game against Loretto (AA, 5-6)

· 1 game against McKenzie (AA, 5-6)

· 1 game against Union City (AA, 3-7)

· 1 game against #8 Westview (AA, 9-3)

Just looking at these two teams since the play-offs...........

Alcoa doesn't have the defense to stop Huntingdon's running attack. 

Huntingdon will have to stop Linsey. 

In the Red Zone it looks like they go to Linsey alot.  Can the Tornadoes stop

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?  Remember Huntingdon has BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO back next year with Donald.  Best 1 2 punch in the state.     

Stangs bring home the GOLD BALL.  I hope that the wind is blowing hard again this week to make it a running game for both teams.  Can't throw the ball on windy nights. 

95 hours till Kick off

825457752[/snapback]

Booooo might be a factor but Donald a sophmore hasn't been hit like he is about to be. I could be wrong but i don't think either of them hasn't been hit like they are going to be.

Are either of these backs returners from the team last year that ran for 200+ against lipscomb? You do know ALcoa's back Lindsay rush for like 278 against D.L. this year?

Guest catfish-hunter
After getting beat twice (both sound defeats!) by Alcoa I see no way that the Mustangs can win Friday night. Alcoa has too many superior athletes for most teams to handle. Alcoa by 14.

825457549[/snapback]

This is the same thing that all of the David Lipsomb fans were screaming last year before their state title matchup with Huntingdon. Athletes are great, Huntingdon has a few of them themselves, but that means nothing when it comes down to lining up and defending a team that wants to hit you in the mouth 99% of the game. Huntingdon is going to win because Alcoa just ain't physcial enough in the trenches. I know that there is going to be some idiot on here that says "how did Lindsay gain all of those yards on a not so physcial team???". I'll say that Lindsay is definately a tremendous back, but so were Cook (McKenzie), Fisher (Loretto), Jones (Cheatham), Boyd (Camden), and Walker (Milan). All of those guys went well over 1,000 yards in 2004, but when they saw Huntingdon they were stopped cold. Huntingdon has given up a total of 13-points in four postseason games against those great backs just mentioned. Alcoa may win, but I can promise them that Huntingdon will hit them like they've never been hit before.

Huntingdon-21

Alcoa-14

Guest catfish-hunter
Booooo might be a factor but Donald a sophmore hasn't been hit like he is about to be. I could be wrong but  i don't think either of them hasn't been hit like they are going to be.

Are either of these backs returners from the team last year that ran for 200+ against lipscomb? You do know ALcoa's back Lindsay rush for like 278 against D.L. this year?

825457827[/snapback]

You know that Huntingdon had a back go for 328 yards and 6TD's against David Lipscomb last year. No he doesn't play anymore but he has been replaced just fine by Boo Weathers this year. Weathers is in my opinion the winner of the Mr. Football Award, but in all likelyhood Turner from Goodpasture will get the award. David Lipscomb had a star back by the name of Cutler Robertson who won the Mr. Football Award in 2003, but when his team played Huntingdon he was hit in the backfield all night long.