Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

Can anyone comment on the style of football Alcoa likes to play? How many runs compared to pass play? More physical or finesse type of play?

I understand they have one great back. What about other backs and recievers?

As far as Huntingdon goes, there is nothing hard about it. We are gonna line up and try to run at you and around you.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duck needs two more TD's to tie the state record for a season. I will be down there to watch my boys play. the job is not finished yet tornadoes. One more to the gold ball. Bring it home to blount county. I can't wait to have three gold balls back in East Tennessee. Go Tornadoes, Rebs, and Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Can anyone comment on the style of football Alcoa likes to play? How many runs compared to pass play? More physical or finesse type of play?

I understand they have one great back. What about other backs and recievers?

As far as Huntingdon goes, there is nothing hard about it. We are gonna line up and try to run at you and around you."

Alcoa wants to come out and run the ball and control the clock, but they can also throw when the want to. Against Lipscomb they ran it about 40 times and threw it 15 times. Dustin Lindsey has ran for a lot of yards(not sure how many) and ran for 40 touchdowns. The offensive line is strong, physical, and can move. Alcoa also has a great quarter back in Joei Fielger who has thrown for over 1,000 yards this year. His two receiver, Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommers, are burners who can score at anytime. Fieglers other option is TE Brandon Warren who is a Mr. Football Finalist and was All-State last year. They can be both a physical and a finesse team depnending on the opponent and game situation.

I hope for a great game, Go Alcoa and I know you guys will bring that gold ball back to Blount County.

Alcoa-42

Huntington-21

I've seen both of these teams play the past two weeks and both teams are loaded. Alcoa has more speed than I've seen in past years in 2 A and Huntingdon has speed and very physical up front. Both have great tradition and this is one of those games you don't want to miss. I'll summarize this game with one word-SPEED!!!! Skilled athletes all over the field for both teams.

I don't think the middle and east tn teams get it. There is too much speed and power over here on this side of the river. Every game all season is smashmouth football. The playoffs are the same as week 6 for us. Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Camden, or Carver would win this game. Huntingdon's line is absolutely overpowering right now. One block and booooooo's gone! And Donald doesn't even need a block. Same as last year. The championship game was played in Milan last night. H-town 35 Alcoa 21

I don't think the middle and east tn teams get it. There is too much speed and power over here on this side of the river. Every game all season is smashmouth football. The playoffs are the same as week 6 for us. Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Camden, or Carver would win this game. Huntingdon's line is absolutely overpowering right now. One block and booooooo's gone! And Donald doesn't even need a block. Same as last year. The championship game was played in Milan last night. H-town 35 Alcoa 21

That's pretty odd. I could have sworn, about 3 weeks ago, or even as recently as a week ago, that Alcoa, Rockwood, David Lipscomb, and Goodpasture were all top 5 in the AP State Poll. But then again, I reckon I just don't get it. Haven't exactly heard enough about Huntington to make a comment about the score yet. Any intelligent breakdowns of the team would be appreciated.

Go Tornadoes!

That's pretty odd. I could have sworn, about 3 weeks ago, or even as recently as a week ago, that Alcoa, Rockwood, David Lipscomb, and Goodpasture were all top 5 in the AP State Poll. But then again, I reckon I just don't get it. Haven't exactly heard enough about Huntington to make a comment about the score yet. Any intelligent breakdowns of the team would be appreciated.

Go Tornadoes!

825455473[/snapback]

West TN teams always get shafted in the polls. We have really only one media outlet covering us, that's The Jackson Sun. Commerical Appeal sticks strictly to the Memphis teams. When one of our teams are ranked really high, you better beleive that's a really special team. I hope we are as big of underdogs as we were last year.

:angry:

I don't think the middle and east tn teams get it. There is too much speed and power over here on this side of the river. Every game all season is smashmouth football. The playoffs are the same as week 6 for us. Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Camden, or Carver would win this game. Huntingdon's line is absolutely overpowering right now.  One block and booooooo's gone! And Donald doesn't even need a block. Same as last year. The championship game was played in Milan last night.  H-town 35 Alcoa 21

825455461[/snapback]

Speed and Power?? That is what Aloca is all about...They have a big play offense and a good defense..I would like to shake the coach's hand who beats this team..

Ive seen them play and they r the real deal...My prediction, the golden ball goes to east tn after Friday night..Good luck to all teams and safe travel..I will keep my had bowed for all those who travel up to Boro...

Can anyone comment on the style of football Alcoa likes to play?  How many runs compared to pass play?  More physical or finesse type of play? 

I understand they have one great back.  What about other backs and recievers?

As far as Huntingdon goes, there is nothing hard about it.  We are gonna line up and try to run at you and around you.

825455037[/snapback]

I agree.

Also, can anyone tell me the first five plays alcoa will run? :lol:

West  TN teams always get shafted in the polls.  We have really only one media outlet covering us, that's The Jackson Sun.  Commerical Appeal sticks strictly to the Memphis teams. When one of our teams are ranked really high, you better beleive that's a really special team.  I hope we are as big of underdogs as we were last year.

:o

825455552[/snapback]

That is a pitiful statement!

Coatney's gonna go but he will be on his own for groceries.  I think I'll stick around for Saturday and watch the Falcons and the Rebels take care of business. 

Mr. Rebelsman, with all due respect, your letter jacket hasn't fit since you quit barn sittin' with them Simonic boys.  Don't feel too bad, mine don't fit either.  thumb

Good luck to Alcoa, Fulton, and Maryville as the quest continues!

825454776[/snapback]

That "barn sittin'" is a big part of the problem. You know, we were doin' a little more than just sittin'. :o:o