Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

Good discussion guys. It sounds like two similar teams other than Alcoa's ability to throw the ball. That might be the difference. I am looking for a great ballgame. As with most big games, the team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins. Good luck to both teams.

I was lucky enough to play against one of your west Tennessee teams in the, I'm giving away my age here, 1979 Class A State Championship. We played Lake County at Alcoa. Lake County was definitely a physical team. Alcoa was able to come away with a 13-9 victory. Not trying to live in the past but it was definitely a highlight.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa also hasn't had to use its starters throughout a whole game b/c by half-time its over.  I won't say huntingdon is bad b/c they are steppin up their game and playing really well, but if Alcoa uses its starters in all night the Stangs will be in for one tough night.  Alcoa doesn't let up nor will they allow huntingdon to dominate.  From start to finish alcoa will be giving it their A game.

825457152[/snapback]

Well, I hope the STANGS can be competitive enough not to be playing Alcoa's freshmen squad by the 3rd QTR!!! This is reaalllllllll funny. This is definitely locker room material. Maybe the STANGS shouldnt even make the trip?????????

GO STANGS!!! Do your talkin on the field!!!!!!!!

:D

I think the Tornados will win...if they do what I said last week.

Get at least a stalemate at the line of scrimmage.

Feigler is accurate.

The Alcoa corners play well.

And one more thing....they need to forget about David Lipscomb and remember there's still one to go and I believe they will.

They are well coached and I think they will pull out the win.

Go Rebs, Tornados, and Falcons.

Good discussion guys.  It sounds like two similar teams other than Alcoa's ability to throw the ball.  That might be the difference.  I am looking for a great ballgame.  As with most big games, the team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.  Good luck to both teams.

I was lucky enough to play against one of your west Tennessee teams in the, I'm giving away my age here, 1979 Class A State Championship.  We played Lake County at Alcoa.  Lake County was definitely a physical team.  Alcoa was able to come away with a 13-9 victory.  Not trying to live in the past but it was definitely a highlight.

825457196[/snapback]

Hey Budrock what position did you play. I was on that team and know you. That particular game I played quick tackle and some willie linebacker. KNow who I am?

With the running backs we have on the field we don't have to use the passing attack very much. What matters is that when needed, it's available and it's effective. GO MUSTANGS.  :blink:

825457411[/snapback]

When I first seen that ALCOA had beaten 3 different 5a Schools by quite large margins I thought the MUSTANGS might be in for a long night. After a further look those 5a teams had a combined record of 6 Wins and 24 Losses. Alcoa's AA regular season opponents had a combined record of 18 Wins and 36 Losses. Just a little something to think about.

GO STANGS!!!!