Let's HEAR it for Fulton, Alcoa and Maryville

msmoker21

Give it up for the Fulton Falcons, Alcoa Tornadoes and Maryville Rebels...All proved to bo GREAT CHAMPIONS!!!

It is a testiment to Prep Football in this area when 3 teams within 25 miles of one another, can stake the claim to State Championship!!!

Congrats to All Players, Coaches and Fans...I have really enjoyed following these three teams this year!!!

CONGRATS FALCONS...BACK-TO-BACK CHAMPS

Edited by msmoker21

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is great for all 3 teams. I think Fulton and Alcoa will definetly repeat next season. They hardly lose anyone. I think Maryville will be great on defense but will rebuild on offense. You can't never count them out though. I believe Maryville,Powell and Central will fight it out for not only the region championship but who will represent the East next year in the 4A title game. I look for Rhea County to be tough next year also.

Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the Blue Cross Bowl!!! I had the opportunity to watch 4 of the 5 championship games and I must say, all of the teams involved played with lots of heart, emotion and skill and left it all on the field!!

From the overtime DCA/Boyd Buchannan game, to the blowout Riverdale win (told you Riverdale), all of the games were exciting and well played. All the teams played like champions and deserved to be there.

To the doubters from the WEST, all I have to say is:

East 4 Gold Balls

West 1 Gold Ball

I think that speaks for itself. Remember, Riverdale is in the East bracket...hate your luck, not the EAST!!

Well, what can I say about my RED REBELS?!! Where to start!! Guys, first of all, congratulations on a perfect season and a hard fought win in the Boro!! 15-0 has a nice ring to it. You haters can all pick up your "Yes, we now believe Maryville is the BEST!" t-shirts on your way out. You played with heart, character and determination to survive a tough opponent and secure a 1 point win!! WAY TO PLAY GUYS!! You played like true champions!! Thank You GQ for being you and having that large brain!! You got me and all of Maryville City a great Christmas gift!!

I take nothing at all away from Melrose. They came to play and they were the only team we played this year that really really challenged us. Did anyone watch Melrose's center #51? Talk about tough!! He got hurt somewhere in the 2nd qtr and stayed in the whole game!! That game was the perfect match-up. The refs left a little to be desired....but I digress. Congrats Melros on a hard fought game. Let's get together and do this next year!!

Well boys, this is my last post till pre-season football next year. I'm sure my detractors will be happy to hear that. My overall post total kinda evens out when you figure I'm taking 5 months off a year!! I'll miss you guys, but I'll be back in August and I'll check in from time to time.

Raider, somedude, Papa, Noone, Pride, tog, truplaya, Ron, Stars, oldreb, mapper, rebelsman, boobcat, dandy, kwc, Riverdale, Bud, medman, 03 (did I leave anyone out?) it was a great season!! Thanks for all the memories and for keeping me awake at work (dunno what I'm gonna do now). You guys know how to find me if you need me for anything.

Glad most of you showed for lunch Saturday. That was fun. :D

I feel so fortunate to live in a country where we have these rights and we can all get together and enjoy a game we're all so passionate about. Keep the torch lit here guys and I'll see you right here in a few months!!

GOOOO RED REBELS!!

15-0

2 WINS OVER POWELL

2 WINS OVER CENTRAL

4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

MR. FOOTBALL 4A CADE THOMPSON

8 GOLDEN BALLS!!!!

Happy trails to you, untilll we meeeet agaaaain...... thumb

Edited by dmoyers1

congratulations to all the teams in this area. all of you played like the true champions you are. look forward to seeing it all happen again next year. moyers its sad to see you put up your last post man, you have fun sittin around doing nothing all day long. and moyers thanks for all the free food man, you sure did make it easy on my wallet this football season. MARYVILLE REBELS STATE CHAMPS!!!!

Congrats to all teams!! I cant really say anything else but who has a better freshmen team this year Fulton or AE i know fulton is all juniors this year which is crazy

825469328[/snapback]

fulton has 7 sophomores starting defense this year but also start many juniors. fulton beat austin east in both freshman games they played and JV never met this year.

I take nothing at all away from Melrose.  They came to play and they were the only team we played this year that really really challenged us.  Did anyone watch Melrose's center #51?  Talk about tough!!  He got hurt somewhere in the 2nd qtr and stayed in the whole game!! That game was the perfect match-up.  The refs left a little to be desired....but I digress.  Congrats Melros on a hard fought game.  Let's get together and do this next year!!

825468532[/snapback]

Courtney Madison was playing on one leg for about half the game, I thought he was going to have to come out.

Congratulations to all the teams that made it to the Blue Cross Bowl and to Alcoa, Fulton and My Maryville Reb's for sending a clear message to the whole state that we here in the east can compete and win. I thought all of the teams played with heart, emotion, class and skill and left it all on the field!!

All the teams played like champions, deserved to be there and had what it took to win. But in the end there could be only one champion. Great HS football!