Division 1 Commitments and Prospects

JimmyCash

Dobyns-Bennett Indians with D-1 offers/high interest:

Duran Ferguson - Marshall and MTSU, interest from several others

Lamon Williams - South Carolina, LSU and Marshall are main three, a little interest from Florida and Miami

Dee Peeler - Louisville and Marshall, several D1AA

825479699[/snapback]

According to the recruiting website I visit the most the only Dobyns-Bennett player listed is Lamon Williams and he has no offers as of now!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biglon68 don't know where you are getting your info on the D.B. players but from what I hear you are way off base

825479710[/snapback]

This was an article by Ron Bliss on ######.com on 11/22/04

Loss to Oak Ridge hard pill to swallow for Indians

Ron Bliss 22.NOV.04

Two weeks from now, Graham Clark says he might feel better about his season, but there are not many warm and fuzzies going on right now.

Clark’s unbeaten and top-ranked Indians fell to Oak Ridge last Friday in Oak Ridge, 24-14, and left the veteran coaching thinking of what might have been. His team finished 12-1, two games short of the state finals that are set for Dec. 11.

"I hope the kids already feel good about their season,’’ said Clark on Monday. "But I look back at the opportunities we had ... We had chances, but we didn’t take advantage of them. They didn’t give us anything, but sometimes you have to help yourselves and we didn’t do that.’’

Oak Ridge played a basically flawless game and made plays when it had to and advanced to meet Murfreesboro Riverdale in the state semifinals in Murfreesboro on Friday.

The first time the teams played, D-B took an interception return back for one score and quickly converted a fumble on the Oak Ridge 17 into another score. The Indians posted a 48-31 victory in that game. This time, they got no such help.

"I think our starting position was something like the 20-yards line, while their average starting position was about their 35,’’ said Clark. "But we had opportunities a couple of times to make interceptions and get ourselves field position. We just didn’t make them.’’

Clark didn’t pick any players of the game, but Stephen Moten had a diving interception in the end zone and 12 tackles; Darrell Hayes and Ben O’Neill had nine tackles each; Dee Peeler eight and a quarterback hurry; and Andrew Pappas seven tackles. Cullen Conerly had five tackles and a sack and Brandon Thompson five tackles.

Offensively, Moten had 75 yards on 8 carries and Duran Ferguson 46 yards on 7 carries.

Ferguson’s final tally was 17 completions in 39 attempts with a TD pass and two interceptions. Lamon Williams had 5 catches for 50 yards; Hayes 4 catches for 34 yards; Moten 3 for 55 yards and David Earles 3 for 39 yards.

Both Ferguson and Williams complete their careers with records for one season and for a career.

Ferguson finished the season with 2,795 yards passing and 33 TDs compared to 12 interceptions. He finished 169 for 320. Ferguson has the record for most yards in one season, most TD passes in one season, most attempts and most completions. He finished with 76 TD passes for his career. He came in with the career record with 44. Ferguson leaves with the record in virtually every passing category.

Williams also set a record for catches in one season – 54 – though he missed three games, but fell short of his total yardage record for a season. He finished with 961 yards and 12 TD catches. He had over 1,000 yards receiving his sophomore year and holds the career record for both receptions and total yards, as well as TD catches.

Hayes finished with 44 catches for 777 yards and 9 TDs. Both Williams and Hayes made All-Big East.

Ferguson was the Big East Offensive Player of the Year and Peeler the Big East Defensive Player of the Year. Peeler finished with 120 tackles to lead the team, including a team-high 17 tackles for losses. Moten was next with 93.

Conerly led the team in sacks with 10 and also caused a team-high four fumbles. Hayes and Moten each had four interceptions and Josef Throp three. Hayes took three of his interceptions back for scores. Jamar Hardy and Throp tied for the pass break-up lead with four each.

Pappas led in quarterback hurries with six.

Moten, a junior, was the leading rusher with 719 yards on 107 carries and 7 TDs.

Ferguson was second with 256 yards rushing and 9 TDs. He had a total offense of 3,051 yards and is one of three finalist for the TSSAA Mr. Football 5A Offensive Back Award which will be announced in Nashville next Monday.

Ferguson is being recruited by Marshall and Middle Tennessee State, among others, while Williams is being considered by Marshall, MTSU and South Carolina. Peeler has drawn interest from Louisville, as well as some smaller schools, including Marshall.

biglon68 don't know where you are getting your info on the D.B. players but from what I hear you are way off base

825479710[/snapback]

What have you heard? I'm just going from recent new media and internet articles.

Here's an article I found on Williams:

Recruiting Insider News 11/02/04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lamon Williams Take Unofficial to USC:

Kingsport (TN) Dobyns-Bennett wide receiver Lamon Williams (6-4, 215, 4.5) is a new name on the Gamecock recruiting radar. The standout is being closely watched by dozens of national programs and the Gamecock coaching staff could be close to offering Williams.

“Coach Roberts came to my game Friday night,” said Williams. “They told me that if I get my grades up they will probably offer.”

His recruiting coach Dave Roberts was on hand Friday night to watch Williams’ team go to 10-0 on the season. He has 850 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns thus far on the season. Williams spoke about his visit to Columbia for Saturday’s game.

“I went to South Carolina’s game Saturday and it was pretty nice. They have a nice campus, nice city and nice everything.”

Williams is generating interest from schools such as Miami, LSU, Florida, Marshall and many others.

“I get letters from a lot of schools. I’m going to wait and see what my options are, but I do know that I want to go to a SEC school. I don’t have a top five or anything.”

Williams plans to major in Business and has no timeline for a commitment.

Barry Turner please go to Nebraska. Great things are happening there. They have a great recuiting class coming in that you can be a part of. I know they went 5-6, but that was with option style recruits that are going nowhere. I know you have made a visit. Callahan is going to put put Nebraska back in the National Championship hunt again. Or you can go to Tennessee and play and hopefully win a confernce championship playing for Fulmer.

[quote=qbsdad,Dec 12 2004 - 08:54 PM]

REYNOLDS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY COMIT TO NORTH CAROLINA THIS WEEK.BEAMER WILL BE AT CARTER ON MONDAY TO TRY TO CHANGE HIS DIRECTION.THE BIG ORANGE NATION HAS MISSED THIS ONE THIS KID WILL BE AN ALL-AMERICAN AT THE NEXT LEVEL ITS IN HIS BLOOD.

825481464[/snapback]

Hate to disagree with you qbsdad but I'm not sure this kid will make it in D-1. He certainly has the size and may develope but when I saw him play this year he was not impressive at all. Not only was he getting blocked by kids much smaller, but the 2nd and 3rd team lineman were getting a good push on him. His bloodlines are great and he has the size to be dominating but does he have the heart and the athletic ability to compete on the D-1 level? My guess is that his size is so impressive that most teams will take him and red shirt him hoping he comes along.

Barry Turner please go to Nebraska.  Great things are happening there.  They have a great recuiting class coming in that you can be a part of.  I know they went 5-6, but that was with option style recruits that are going nowhere.  I know you have made a visit.  Callahan is going to put put Nebraska back in the National Championship hunt again.  Or you can go to Tennessee and play and hopefully win a confernce championship playing for Fulmer.

825481968[/snapback]

I hope Nebraska never wins another game. After firing Frank Solich after he won over 75% of his games is rediculous. I also disagree with the direction of the program. Callahan has never been able to maintain a program. He rode Gruden's team to the Super Bowl an then let them fall completely apart. i know the NFL is a different animal, but i think a lot of the same things will happen in Lincoln.

Barry Turner please go to Nebraska.  Great things are happening there.  They have a great recuiting class coming in that you can be a part of.  I know they went 5-6, but that was with option style recruits that are going nowhere.  I know you have made a visit.  Callahan is going to put put Nebraska back in the National Championship hunt again.  Or you can go to Tennessee and play and hopefully win a confernce championship playing for Fulmer.

825481968[/snapback]

I believe that Reynolds is D1-A material, but I understand that he's not being as highly recruited by the Nebraskas and VPIs of the college football world as some might lead us to believe. He is definitely a project. He's 6'7", but he's only in the 250 range. He has a long way to go in the weight room before he's ready to contribute. I saw a barely 6 foot tall and 210 pound tackle push him all over the field all night long a few weeks back.

UT does a good job of evaluating linemen. Fulmer knows that position well. It is a great year instate for offensive linemen prospects, and with UT recruiting nationally as well as it does, only the very top of the instate list will be offered by UT. UT can only take in the 20-22 range this year, so they have to make sure they get their needs filled.

I wish Reynonlds well wherever he ends up. Everything I hear indicates that he is a good kid and works hard.