Largest stadium?

Snoopyboy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas Bob - are there stadiums in Texas larger than 10,000 in which only 1 school uses or is responsible for?

There are few one school stadiums at or near 10,000 capacity. I can't think of any larger with just one school. Some small towns do have stadiums with a larger capacity than the town population.

The number of schools does not always mean large stadiums. The School District I live in (Katy, Texas) has five 5A schools and the stadium only holds 10,000.

Ratliff Stadium in Odessa, one of the larger stadiums in the state, has only two schools that call it home. Odessa High School and Permian High School These schools have about 3900 enrollment at Odessa and 3300 enrollment at Permian.

Most 5A that share a stadium also have small stadium at each school for sub varsity games.

Edited by TexasBob

the guy talked about valdosta - it was recently featured on ESPN - check out the facilities - it is hands down the best funded program in AMERICA - period

$500,000 in season tickets per year Valdosta Football Stadium

and check out the rest of the facilities on the facilities link as well - and also check out the slideshows of the renovation process that took place last year. There is nothing I know of that can touch this.

keep in mind the texas stadiums - at least some of them house more than one school which is not the same as 1 school for 1 stadium. TExas Bob - are there stadiums in Texas larger than 10,000 in which only 1 school uses or is responsible for?

825483432[/snapback]

My Father played at Valdosta. They used to paint wildcat paws in the street in front of all of the starters houses. Their stadium is so nice that the NCAA Division II National Champion VSU Blazers play their games in it as well.

the guy talked about valdosta - it was recently featured on ESPN - check out the facilities - it is hands down the best funded program in AMERICA - period

$500,000 in season tickets per year Valdosta Football Stadium

and check out the rest of the facilities on the facilities link as well - and also check out the slideshows of the renovation process that took place last year. There is nothing I know of that can touch this.

keep in mind the texas stadiums - at least some of them house more than one school which is not the same as 1 school for 1 stadium. TExas Bob - are there stadiums in Texas larger than 10,000 in which only 1 school uses or is responsible for?

825483432[/snapback]

Valdosta has unbelievable facilities.

Ya know, even if several schools share a stadium there's still something to be said for a community willing to build a 20,000 seat facility, since there's only going to be one game going on there at a time. Maybe a more interesting question would be what percentage of capacity do the largest stadiums experience during a season? If for instance Ratliff typically only draws 5000 per game, but Bradley Central draws 9000, then the stadium size isn't a good indicator of community support between the two schools.

Guest region4fan
i dunno wat all happend but they got both sides done on the bleachers so its well on its way

825504405[/snapback]

Who will get the honor of playing in it first next fall?