predictions for the pickett county temple game

throwitdown

Pickett will probably bring a good sized crowd. I cannot wait to see this one. I am really looking forward to seeing this Baxter kid that I have heard so much about. I haven't seen him play since he was a seventh grader on Temple's middle school B Team. If he is as unstoppable now as he was then, he is going to put on a show tonight.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. For real? Is he like the aquatic engineer on the team? Although i will have to say, the other night at Temple i watched their engineers in action, and those may be, i hesitate when i say this, the best water boys ive ever seen. They have an amazing water grab time during time outs, and the way they handle themselves on the court is quite fulfilling to watch.

IF TEMPLE PLAYS LIKE THEY DID LAST NIGHT, I THINK THAT PICKETT REALLY DOESNT HAVE THAT MUCH OF A CHANCE OF BEATING THEM. HOW IS PICKETT GOING TO STOP TEMPLE'S FAST BREAKS? NO ONE HAS SO FAR, AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON.

MY PREDICTION: TEMPLE LEADS THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME-USING THE FAST BREAK OFFENSE

TEMPLE 73 PC64

Got nothing for you as far as directions- what will be the one deciding factor of the game- What does Picket need to do to win- the #1 thing? and what does temple need to do to win?

825540961[/snapback]

Joseph Bailey is the deciding factor in the game. Depending on how he plays, Pickett could win a close one or Temple could win by 10-20 points. I'm not saying Pickett doensn't have any other reliable players, it's just that the majority of their sets are to Bailey so when he's off the entire team is off. Temple has 2 players, Caleb and Seth Skogen, who can score at will with outside shots or penetration. If Bailey is hitting the monster threes he likes to take it could be a long night for the Crusaders. If Bailey is guarded tough, which I expect him to be, the Bobcats will go into Grace on a 2 game skid.

Hmm... report I heard on Bailey was he didnt shoot off the dribble but he could stoke it coming off of screens where he justs catches and shoots. Was the report false I didnt see him play so I have no idea.

825540996[/snapback]

He can catch and shoot also. It really depends on what position he's playing. He plays point and 2 depending on the plays. The majority of which are to him. But he CAN shoot off the dribble well and he does shoot off of picks. The player that I always think of when I see him is Jason Holwerda. Not a slasher, just a pure shooter. And he might be the best shooter in the state, any class. I hope Temple doesn't underestimate him.

kyle, your fat.  And dumber than I thought- Bailey and Holwerda- not even close in comparison in high school- not even....

825541523[/snapback]

hahaha...who the heck is this? And I didn't say Bailey was as good as Holwerda. Their styles are the same though. Have you ever seen Bailey play? He does have unbelievable range. But who is this first?

kyle, your fat.  And dumber than I thought- Bailey and Holwerda- not even close in comparison in high school- not even....

825541523[/snapback]

I saw Holwerda play a few times in high school and the first time I saw him was during a sub-state game against PC a few years back. He put on a show like no other without doubt...I think that years' team all had their heads shaved.

I saw Holwerda play a few times in high school and the first time I saw him was during a sub-state game against PC a few years back.  He put on a show like no other without doubt...I think that years' team all had their heads shaved.

825541540[/snapback]

Differences between Holwerda and Bailey, Holwerda could take over any game, didn't matter who he was playing. And Howlerda could/can play D-1.