State Champion

takedown technician

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at other states as well.  There are usually 3/4 different divisions.  Do the wrestlers even care?  I didn't when I was that age.  Still don't.

825524909[/snapback]

That's My point .. If TN Had several divisons would people still be yelling "ONE TRUE CHAMPION" ....I think not..

I have'nt heard GA fans complaining.

They are very proud of all of their champions and WE should be proud of ours...

Let them enjoy their success!!!!!

Edited by Bruinsdad

That's My point .. If TN Had several divisons would people still be yelling "ONE TRUE CHAMPION" ....I think not..

I have'nt heard GA fans complaining.

They are very proud of all of their champions and WE should be proud of ours...

Let them enjoy their success!!!!!

825524954[/snapback]

Amen!- in fact, wouldn't it be nice if we gave a trophy to everyone who participates. After all, aren't they all winners in their own way?

sniff....sniff.....its just not fair...

my school only has 500 students

my school doesnt have good facilities

my school doesnt give scholarships, we cant compete

my school gives scholarships, but we cant compete

the private schools steal my athletes

the public schools steal athletes from eachother

tssaa doesnt like me

everyone needs to get a championship

we are hurting these kids self esteem

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bunch of whiners, just shut up and wrestle!

I dont care for wrestling to be popular, but pure. It is not for everybody, but everybody can wrestle. We have beat this horse (not your horse Jose) to death.

The TSSAA only serves at the pleasure of its member schools. The principals, ADs, and coaches could enact this change. Say the word, then Carter and crew would be MORE than willing to go back to the old way. Do you think they enjoy putting on dual tourneys for D1 and D2? Added costs...days....etc....

The next move is to kick the private, non scholarship schools out of D1. Those schools play by the rules and that wasnt enough. Both D1 (who want them out) and D2 (who needs those schools for their survival) will gladly for self serving reasons oust them. Do you think that will make wrestling more popular?

Contact your coach, then the AD, then the principal. Start your own parents movement, and send the gameplan to two other parent organizations in other schools with the understanding they pass the gameplan along. It will be like Amway gone amuck!

But it is the only way, with no guarantees.

reftn

Has anybody looked at the number of A/AA state champions that TN has had over the last few years? Is there an imbalance in the winners and the losers? If there is then there is a valid argument for the split or splitting the tournament further. It's not about some noble idea of one true champion, it's about the kids. It's about the hard work that they put in and the results they deserve from that hard work. If in fact, 85% of champs come from schools with 1500+ kids then that needs to be addressed.

How bout this? The TSSAA is not a public program that is in anyway serving the best interests of wrestling through tax dollars etc. If the wrestling community wants to why not withdraw from a TSSAA sponsored state tourney and get somebody with a lot of money to start up a new organization that sponsors a single state tourney. If successful, the TSSAA will crumble due to the new competition. Im sure that the TSSAA is still hurting a little from the BA ordeal from a few years ago.

Lets take the TSSAA down, Who's with me?