My Beloved Irish VS The Big red

irishdad

This was probably as good as the duals final last year. Great crowd, great action!!

I personally felt that some of the calls favored MBA. But I may be prejudiced. Heck aren't I supposed to be. As My Beloved Irish move to State God Bless you all.

Matt Morales @140 did not slam Hall. He was in control and neither wreslter ever left their feet. He was in a pin situation. I think he was smart enought o act injured to avoind the pin. Why? because he came back and fought harder than before.

Hats off to Turk fought a good fight. I wish him a speedy recovery

Riley was a beast giving up about 20 lbs and a foot in height he gave Jacques all he wanted and then some. heckuva a job,

Bo Yeager coming in at 19 did his job. thanks

The WHITT did his job. And he is not Superman he would not pin everyone thru 60.

Whitt is without a doubt the most talented wrestler in TN at this time. I am gled we have him. he is also a great team player always does what he is ask.

Charlie Oddo did his job.

Now to the last match of the Night. Tyler was more jacked than I have ever seen him. He dominated the mat. My opinion is that his cradle in the first was a pin. I have looked athe film three ways from Sunday and it looks like a pin. In the second cradle Tate laid flat for about 10 seconds and In my opinion was pinned again. no call. Such is the life a kid who cradles. I also know that Frank coached this kid to suck the mat and just not get pinned. Good coaching.

To my friend Frank Simpson, nice job, the whole Matt Bubis thing was impressive. you boys were well prepared and wrestled very well.

To the crowd darn fine job on both sides, loud but not rude.

Overall you should not let a match some down to having your last wrestler decide the fate. Particularly when in needs to be a pin. We are better than we wrestled tonight. Although I think a pin was accomplished twice at 160 such is this sport.

I do think that Jim is a good ref. I do think it was good to have two refs on the mat.

Dear Dom,

Thank for your coverage of High School wrestling. If you are who I think you are.

The Irishdad

[

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was without a doubt the most exciting dual match I've seen. With seven victories for each team, it came down to large wins vs small losses. MBA squeaked it out by 1. Several of MBA's biggest "victories" were their minor losses. There was a lot for both teams to be proud of and take on to the state duals and state individuals. There is one thread that seems to be running through the most recent discussions, however, that needs to be corrected. In the 140 match Morales did indeed slam Hall to the mat after lifting him above his shoulder. I have looked at a tape of the match three times, and each time it is the same. It doesn't change because I am for Father Ryan or MBA. This is what happens: Morales has a single leg and Hall is fighting. Morales picks Hall up, lifts him to his shoulder and then slams him to his back on the mat with his shoulder driving into his stomach. I don't think there was anything intentional about it. Morales was trying to win. But it is an illegal move. The ref called it right. Hall ended up with a concussion from the slam and had to be driven home after the match. In fact, Hall should be commended. He could have stayed on his back another five seconds or so and won the match 6-0 with an injury default. Instead he got back up to fight. Good job by Morales to get the takedown with only 1 second left. I'm sure both wrestlers are anxious to see each other again at state.

Please allow me to share a few points from someone without a dog in the fight...

First, Irishdad, of course you are biased. Mini-Irishdad had to pin and he could not get 'er done! Despite what you think your Irish eyes may have seen on the video, the referee did not see it that way; hence, there was and never will be a pin. Personally, I was impressed with the way that MBA kid went out to not get pinned and put on one of the most incredible defensive fights I have ever seen against what may be the best cradle in the state. (By the way, any coach worth his salt would have sent their kid out to do in the same thing in such a situation.)

Second, What is the Bottom Man Doin and Cameroon, you are both wrong. Morales did slam Hall (albeit unintentionally) because I heard the MBA trainer talking to the MBA coaches after the match and he told them that the Hall had a concussion and was out of it. The MBA coaches said that is probably why he stopped wrestling before the buzzer. Personally, I admire the Hall and the MBA coaching staff for getting him to finish the match and NOT take the cheap, easy six points from an illegal slam.

Third and finally, although MBA only won by one point (33-32), the score is misleading because they gave away six points due to the injury default at 171. At worst, MBA gives Ryan three points at 171 and, at best, they get three. So, in fact, it was not as close as it appears and should not have come down to the final match.

Both teams wrestled very hard and it was an incredible dual match. The wrestling and the crowd were top notch. Sadly, there is not way to see a good rematch because MBA has been further decimated with injuries and I am not sure they are deep enough to re-load for Clarksville. But after last night, I certainly will not count them out.

Congrats to MBA: the 2005 DII Middle Region Champs!

Third and finally, although MBA only won by one point (33-32), the score is misleading because they gave away six points due to the injury default at 171.  At worst, MBA gives Ryan three points at 171 and, at best, they get three.  So, in fact, it was not as close as it appears and should not have come down to the final match. 

825542848[/snapback]

Remember that MBA's 171 was on his back, recklessly fighting off a pin, when the shoulder popped out. To say MBA gave away six points due to inj. default would be inaccurate -- it is my opinion he would have been pinned anyway.

Please allow me to share a few points from someone without a dog in the fight...

First, Irishdad, of course you are biased.  Mini-Irishdad had to pin and he could not get 'er done!  Despite what you think your Irish eyes may have seen on the video, the referee did not see it that way; hence, there was and never will be a pin.  Personally, I was impressed with the way that MBA kid went out to not get pinned and put on one of the most incredible defensive fights I have ever seen against what may be the best cradle in the state.  (By the way, any coach worth his salt would have sent their kid out to do in the same thing in such a situation.)

Second, What is the Bottom Man Doin and Cameroon, you are both wrong.  Morales did slam Hall (albeit unintentionally) because I heard the MBA trainer talking to the MBA coaches after the match and he told them that the Hall had a concussion and was out of it.  The MBA coaches said that is probably why he stopped wrestling before the buzzer.  Personally, I admire the Hall and the MBA coaching staff for getting him to finish the match and NOT take the cheap, easy six points from an illegal slam.

Third and finally, although MBA only won by one point (33-32), the score is misleading because they gave away six points due to the injury default at 171.  At worst, MBA gives Ryan three points at 171 and, at best, they get three.  So, in fact, it was not as close as it appears and should not have come down to the final match. 

Both teams wrestled very hard and it was an incredible dual match.  The wrestling and the crowd were top notch.  Sadly, there is not way to see a good rematch because MBA has been further decimated with injuries and I am not sure they are deep enough to re-load for Clarksville.  But after last night, I certainly will not count them out.

Congrats to MBA:  the 2005 DII Middle Region Champs!

825542848[/snapback]

If you don't have a dog in this fight how why would you have a video of it?

If you are any fan of this sport I ask you to refer to last years duals finals whne my son wrestled up to 171 and goter done the same way I feel he goter done last night. So you can praise his defense but he did get cradled three times. yes he was coached to suck the mat. and it worked.

As for MAtt sorry the kid has a concussion but he sure wrestled like he was fine...

Mrs Irishdad feels that you are full of horse manure to even suggest that Tyler did not get the job done.

Mrs Irishdad feels that you are full of horse manure to even suggest that Tyler did not get the job done.

825542869[/snapback]

Mrs. Irishdad, being married to Irishdad, would DEFINITELY be an expert in horse manure.

I edited the aforementioned statement. Thanks RMC for bringing the Irishdad-like spelling to my attention.

Edited by Bluewhirlygig