Who will coach Obion County next season?

oc_rebel_25

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe any school would hire "Coach " Glisson to coach any sport at any school. As impressionable as young people are, his actions that landed him in the papers & news reports should be enough to have kept him from being able to associate with young people. I would not want him @ OCCHS, they have enough problems without adding one like that.

I'm hopeful he is in a better place personally, anyone deserves to learn from their mistakes. But to place him where children are to look for guidance & example, not me.

Basketballplayer24 is so off! You can't be serious about a white coach can' t coach black players? That is insane. If you think you're right then there are major problems going on from Jr. High right on up to the NBA.

Are you saying by the same token, a black coach can't coach white players? You can coach or you can't, you can play or you can't. Some times there are mismatches. A coach might have to try to make a player out of one who so much wants to be, but just ain't! Teams are FULL of those kind of players. Has nothing to do with black or white.

Brian Crowder from Rhea County is looking very hard at this job. He took his team to state last year in a very tough region. Talent wasn't there this year. He also has won state titles while in Arizona.

825596809[/snapback]

Won't happen.....tell him to save his efforts. I am sure he is a fine coach but this job will go to one of the "regional" candidates.

Didnt he win a couple of State Championships in Missouri?  I believe he played for the University of Arkansas back in the 70's.  Possibly for Eddie Sutton.

825596201[/snapback]

I am pretty sure that you are right Timber... I know he has been very successful in Missouri, including the state championships.... My understanding he has family in the Obion area and that some representative from the school system has talked to him to guage his interest and apparently he is interested....

Clint Sisco is a fine young coach, and would do a great job at Obion County!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They will be getting a quality coach.

825576420[/snapback]

if coach sisco leaves peabody, i know of a recent coach of the year who would leave memphis if the situation is right! he would be a good fit too!

It will be Smith's job to turn down!!! To Good of a coach, Great Individual, Great Personality, A proven WINNER 2 state championships in Missouri...... Close ties to Obion.... He was approached about the job.... Will draw a full State of Missouri Retirement while coaching here in Tennessee.... Gets the most our of his players and has great working relationships with college coach's......

Edited by Sportster

Who do you think will coach Obion County next year?

Russ Davis- interim coach

Allen Hatcher- Graves Co. coach

Clint Sisco- Peabody coach

Curt Lee- South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> Girl's coach

Anymore coaches applying that you have heard of?

825575602[/snapback]

Hmmm, I haven't seen his name on here but I keep hearing about a return of coach Whitby to Obion Central. I heard it was his job if he wants it and that the administration is waiting for Lake County's season to end before offering the job to him IF it hasn't already been offered. Remember you heard it from me first! Maybe......Hmmm

News Flash folks::: WHITBY IS NOT COMING BACK TO OCCHS!! :P All the diehards need to get out of the time machine and MOVE FORWARD :D Jimmy is happy at Lake Co., that's all I got to say about that..

My opinion is that the next coach of the Rebels of Obion County High School will already be in the Obion County School System :P

Excellent sources have revealed themselves thumb