Who is the top teams in 05-06

Shootmore

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview definitely is going to be the top team in 2A next year! They are only graduating 1 senior this year, and will have 4 experinced seniors to lead the way next year in Bellamy, Crittendon, Witherspoon, and Ricketts. They are my pick!

they'll need to REALLY work on the defensive end before next season starts :blink:

But I do agree as far as the makings of a top 10 type of caliber team. Westview will be competitive thumb

Seems like DevilFanatic guaranteed the Gold Ball would stay in District 7AA in 05. Heck DF, District 7AA didnt have a team get to the Regional Final, much less the big dance. You disappeared for awhile. Good to see you back DevilFanatic. :lol:

BTW, in 05-06 all of the teams herein mentioned will have a shot, with a little luck and alot of hard work.

Edited by coaches_corner

I dont understand why the private schools are allowed to compete in Division I ball. Isnt the whole point of Division II to be for the private teams so they can recruit and it will be fair. Although these teams that are in Division I probably say they dont recruit, I just dont believe it, financial aid is recruiting in my opinion. It is not fair to the public schools that do not recruit or offer financial aid. Anyone elses thoughts?

Private schools in Division 1 can not recruit nor can they give financial aid to athletes. Division 2 is for private schools who give financial aid. Public schools don't recruit? Try again. Some public schools recruit through AAU. Or how about the fairness of public schools with open zones so anyone from the county can go to any school they choose in the county...think there is a little intra-county recruiting going on there? Look, private Division 1 schools now have to compete with schools 2-3 times their size. Do they have advantages, sure. Are there things going on out there that give certain AA and AAA schools advantages, yes. The only school to get in trouble for recruiting in recent memory was this past season...and it was a AA public school. But before long I'm sure all private schools will be out...give it 4 years. How many private schools won girls basketball A championships over the past 15 years? I'm sure AA does not have a whole lot to worry about. But this entire discussion is for a different board.

Edited by HickoryHusker

Top teams in AA, ok a top ten:

1)Dyersburg

2)Westview

3)Obion Co Central

4)Austin East

5)Chester County

6)Upperman

7)Gibson Co

8)Jackson North Side (if they did in fact move down to AA)

9)York

10)Hillcrest (Memphis)

Just my thoughts, this is not the order of finish, but just a top ten. There are several other GOOD teams in AA. The changes will have effects on the entire state. Look at 13AA, D'burg, OC, the 'View, GC, Crockett, Dyer Co., the district schedule is worse than some teams entire schedule. It will be fun......

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!