GCA visits Rockwood!

Raven52

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that one of the kids from Rockwood graduated. I think he was a lineman. Is the other kid from Rockwood still on the GCS team or not? I can't figure it out since you say you don't recruit, but you have players from Rockwood.

The younger of the brothers Inman has reportedly suffered a season ending knee injury.

I know that one of the kids from Rockwood graduated. I think he was a lineman. Is the other kid from Rockwood still on the GCS team or not? I can't figure it out since you say you don't recruit, but you have players from Rockwood.

Kyron hurt his knee and is out for year, his brother graduated. The fact that they changed schools means they were recruited? Did it ever occur to you that they decided on their own to transfer? I'm not claiming to know why, I have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR SITUATION WHATSOEVER. Most likely similar to your level of knowledge on the subject. If kids seeing the first class facilities and wanting to be part of a great program while at the same time getting a Christian education is considered recruiting, then ok. But to claim that any kid who transfers to the school was recruited by a coach is pretty rediculous,imo.

Here we go again....Rockwood has a kid playing for them that started the year playing at Oak Ridge. Did they recruit him? If your logic is true, then I would have to say yes.

Kyron hurt his knee and is out for year, his brother graduated. The fact that they changed schools means they were recruited? Did it ever occur to you that they decided on their own to transfer? I'm not claiming to know why, I have ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR SITUATION WHATSOEVER. Most likely similar to your level of knowledge on the subject. If kids seeing the first class facilities and wanting to be part of a great program while at the same time getting a Christian education is considered recruiting, then ok. But to claim that any kid who transfers to the school was recruited by a coach is pretty rediculous,imo.

except your entire post suggests that you have knowledge that they didn't recruit when again you said you have no idea of the situation. so maybe you shouldn't comment either? this is like the blind leading the blind. no one knows, but both sides are for sure that they're right. just shut up and leave the issue alone. it's over and it's in the past. lets move on.

Edited by eyeintheskytn

This is why yall shouldn't play with the small publics. How many 2A publics do you know who have or EVER will have the facilities that you do. You're absolutely right ...your coaches don't have to recruit you're shiny new carpet does it for you. I said it last year I'm sure yall don't recruit. Yet you still don't belong with the small publics

Here we go again....Rockwood has a kid playing for them that started the year playing at Oak Ridge. Did they recruit him? If your logic is true, then I would have to say yes.

Since we're all stating our opinions, here's mine. Rockwood has every right to be upset with private schools in general because of the effect they have had on their program. I can't say anything about Grace "recruiting" other than they've been in trouble for it in the past. At any school you go to you will find kids from other towns whose parents sent them there for a variety of reasons. It happens everywhere. The only difference for GCA is that every kid was sent there.

I'll finish with this, with the exception of a few, every single person I've encountered at Grace has been nice, helpful, and encouraging. After our game it seemed like Grace fans complimented our players more than they did their own.

This is why yall shouldn't play with the small publics. How many 2A publics do you know who have or EVER will have the facilities that you do. You're absolutely right ...your coaches don't have to recruit you're shiny new carpet does it for you. I said it last year I'm sure yall don't recruit. Yet you still don't belong with the small publics

Oh they recruit and so does alot of schools, parents and kids do most of the recruiting. You'd be surprised at how much takes place at the youth club level. Birds of a feather.Public schools have an easier time of it because someone has to pay the tuition at  these small private schools. Alot of small publics don't really have access or drawing tools so they just end up playing with the kids they have. Its mainly the bigger publics who benefit alot but even some of the small schools.benefit from a bigger drawing pool. Its really no different than travel teams,they just get the best kids  they can find .Shoot even the travel teams change all the time, they see a better team and leave or they can't play for a powerhouse so they opt for a lesser team.

dont let him speak for all of us down here everyone didnt like him in rockwood so he ran off to cumberland county will say that its more of a talent thing than a coaching thing think grace is supertior in that column

Your a idiot ive never ran to Cumberland County. Jet Pride was made because I had a friend in the CCHS band back in 2002. Learn the facts about someone before you run your mouth