Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Sounds like he's getting his team ready for a state championship run

And you call me a cat lover! We will see OR 2 times and DB once for fun. As long as we win that 2nd OR match up that will be what matters most. Its like this cats, indians, and tourist from Alabama get eaten by Bears. 

​Historically speaking the Bears get beat by these 2 teams. Not this year :popcorneater:  

GoBears!!

Edited by gobears89

Everything is great at D-B but the visitors stands, haven't been there in a while but  portable stands in the baseball outfield wasn't all that great. And it's a long drive home whether you win (yea!) or lose (boo). Can't wait, We'll be there!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Everything is great at D-B but the visitors stands, haven't been there in a while but  portable stands in the baseball outfield wasn't all that great. And it's a long drive home whether you win (yea!) or lose (boo). Can't wait, We'll be there!!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

The DB visitor stands are NOT good, so get there early.    And come in great numbers because the home side will be full and they will get very loud.      DB has a great band too but they will start irritating you at various times, so OR fans (and band) are going to have to show up and make some noise right back at them.

I think there is way more riding on this game than most people realize.   DB wants to be 5-0 for the showdown with Maryville on Oct 2.     Oak Ridge (and possibly Sevier Co) are about the only teams standing in the way of a 5-0 record.    Remember this game is very early in the season, so if DB loses big to OR (don't think that will happen) then that will adversely affect the games prior to Murvil.

Here is the other thing, DB catches a lot of local grief for choking against teams out of the area.  The fans see them cakewalking thru the regular season beating locals like Central, Crockett, etc by 50+ points and assume they are ready to go head to head with Knox area teams or whatever.      I think it is going to be very important for DB to win this game and win by a big margin in order to establish themselves as a contender in the new conference.    Hopefully some DB fans closer to the program can elaborate on this......

The DB visitor stands are NOT good, so get there early. And come in great numbers because the home side will be full and they will get very loud. DB has a great band too but they will start irritating you at various times, so OR fans (and band) are going to have to show up and make some noise right back at them.

I think there is way more riding on this game than most people realize. DB wants to be 5-0 for the showdown with Maryville on Oct 2. Oak Ridge (and possibly Sevier Co) are about the only teams standing in the way of a 5-0 record. Remember this game is very early in the season, so if DB loses big to OR (don't think that will happen) then that will adversely affect the games prior to Murvil.

Here is the other thing, DB catches a lot of local grief for choking against teams out of the area. The fans see them cakewalking thru the regular season beating locals like Central, Crockett, etc by 50+ points and assume they are ready to go head to head with Knox area teams or whatever. I think it is going to be very important for DB to win this game and win by a big margin in order to establish themselves as a contender in the new conference. Hopefully some DB fans closer to the program can elaborate on this......

DB may win this game but you can forget about winning it by a big margin. OR will have too good of a defense to allow that to happen against anyone. And from what I saw of our offense in the spring, I expect us to be better than we have been in a while.

And you call me a cat lover! We will see OR 2 times and DB once for fun. As long as we win that 2nd OR match up that will be what matters most. Its like this cats, indians, and tourist from Alabama get eaten by Bears. 

​Historically speaking the Bears get beat by these 2 teams. Not this year :popcorneater:  

GoBears!!

You are correct that Oak Ridge historically speaking defeats Sevier County.

Overall record ...Oak Ridge 19 - 3

1964 OR 0  SC 25

1965 OR 6  SC 0

1971 OR 35 SC 7

1972 OR 10 SC 7

1988 OR 35 SC 0

1989 OR 37 SC 14

1995 OR 27 SC 3

1996 OR 28 SC 14

1997 OR 29 SC 27

1998 OR 31 SC 10

1999 OR 30 SC  13

OR 10 SC 32

2000 OR 30 SC 33

OR 27 SC 14

20001 OR 35  SC 16

2002  OR 42 SC 7

OR 25  SC 19

2003 OR 49 - SC 14

OR 49 SC 10

2004 OR 52 SC 0

OR 37 SC 10

2005 OR 41 SC 14

Other sections of the Ship include...

Fencers for the people who stand along the fence

Boxers for people who stand below the pressbox ( I am one of those if I get to a game).

At Boone we have those who lean over the fence that separates the track from the field, but their drawers are not pulled up enough, they are known as the Crackers

The DB guys have been talking about all these great classes they have coming up for a few years now. And now all of a sudden they are going to have a tough year? I'm not buying it. #sandbagging

It doesn't matter how good the classes are coming up if there is inferior coaching. That has not changed. Coaching builds teams. Maryville has proven that for years.

DB will lose to

Maryville

Sevier Co

Oak Ridge

Science Hill

Mark my words, at the very least. Their past schedule + coaching has turned them into wimps. Do not be surprised if they lose a 5th game.

No sandbagging, just opinion based on 20 years of observation. I hope they make me eat my words.

Edited by DBGRAD70