Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Who was Oak Ridge's biggest rivalry during each of the last 8 decades?

Example...the 1980's would have been Jefferson County.

50's-Chattanooga Central 60's-Dobyns-Bennett 70's-Dobyns-Bennett again 80's-for me it was Gallatin or Jeff County 90's-Farragut (sometimes we would play them twice in the same season. Regular season and playoffs) 2000's-Sevier County? DB again? Edited by SweetScience

Hey Wildcat fans, what do you think about DB on Sept 28?

Here's a few stats to chew on:

Since 1969...

-   You have not played DB since 2008 (DB won 28-13)

-   Total of 28 games, each team has won 14

-   Oak Ridge leads in total score 617-560

-   OR owned DB in the 70's and 80's, DB returned the favor in the 90's.  Since then it's been more even.

So this one is the tie-breaker.     I'm sure this game deserves its own thread (later), but I just wanted to get some pre-season smack talk from the OR faithful....

Since 1969...

-   You have not played DB since 2008 (DB won 28-13)

-   Total of 28 games, each team has won 14

-   Oak Ridge leads in total score 617-560

-   OR owned DB in the 70's and 80's, DB returned the favor in the 90's.  Since then it's been more even.

So this one is the tie-breaker.     I'm sure this game deserves its own thread (later), but I just wanted to get some pre-season smack talk from the OR faithful....

This is one of the most storied rivalries in Tennessee IMO. Not really in terms of longevity (only played 38 times total) but in terms of competitiveness. A see-saw series that neither team has really gotten the upper hand on the other in. A lot of the games through the years had major implications because a lot of the time the teams played not only in the regular season, but ended up meeting in the playoffs too. Both programs are pretty storied, from State titles to the amount of NFL and collegiate players both programs have produced through the years. Not really sure what to expect this year? I know DB had a pretty good team last year, but not quite sure how many players they have returning from that team? I know they have the young RB coming back who is very good. I expect another close classic game between the two. I'm glad the rivalry is back.

This is one of the most storied rivalries in Tennessee IMO. Not really in terms of longevity (only played 38 times total) but in terms of competitiveness. A see-saw series that neither team has really gotten the upper hand on the other in. A lot of the games through the years had major implications because a lot of the time the teams played not only in the regular season, but ended up meeting in the playoffs too. Both programs are pretty storied, from State titles to the amount of NFL and collegiate players both programs have produced through the years. Not really sure what to expect this year? I know DB had a pretty good team last year, but not quite sure how many players they have returning from that team? I know they have the young RB coming back who is very good. I expect another close classic game between the two. I'm glad the rivalry is back.

You guys will love DB's new stadium and it is a great game atmosphere as well.      How well does Oak Ridge travel, would you expect to see a lot of OR fans in Kingsport?

Since 1969...

- You have not played DB since 2008 (DB won 28-13)

- Total of 28 games, each team has won 14

- Oak Ridge leads in total score 617-560

- OR owned DB in the 70's and 80's, DB returned the favor in the 90's. Since then it's been more even.

So this one is the tie-breaker. I'm sure this game deserves its own thread (later), but I just wanted to get some pre-season smack talk from the OR faithful....

Don't get this started. I got diabetes a couple months ago from the lovefest these 2 teams had

I've heard Gaddis say on his show that he wanted to play DB again but I'm not sure why. Why make the schedule so tough? DB, Sevier County, and Webb....is Gaddis crazy?