Eagleville Coach Out

redmolly

Decisions like this one are rarely capped off at the principal level. If this is purely a football decision (nothing behind the scene), it's a horrible injustice for the director of schools to approve it...or it came down from that office. No theory of wrongdoing or conspiracy here (I know nothing of this situation), but sometimes when things are this hard to explain at first, things become pretty clear when the next hire is announced...just sayin.

Decisions like this one are rarely capped off at the principal level. If this is purely a football decision (nothing behind the scene), it's a horrible injustice for the director of schools to approve it...or it came down from that office. No theory of wrongdoing or conspiracy here (I know nothing of this situation), but sometimes when things are this hard to explain at first, things become pretty clear when the next hire is announced...just sayin.

I think it's already pretty clear what happened since all the assistants are being retained. Principal's ego got in the way. Sad day when you have a football coach that wins games and is loved by the players & community, but it isn't enough

I think it's already pretty clear what happened since all the assistants are being retained. Principal's ego got in the way. Sad day when you have a football coach that wins games and is loved by the players & community, but it isn't enough

Agreed. I don't know the principal, but it's pretty clear that unless Carson did something illegal or unbecoming, he isn't very smart.

We have friends in Eagleville. I stopped by the school one visit over there. Told him my son played at GCA and he was the nicest guy. Took me around the complex talked about how much had been done there in a short time. We talked football for like an hour. Just the nicest guy. Very obvious his kids like him. The were practicing in the gym that day do to lightning.

Eagleville is in the middle of the country folks and this guy had em at state 3 years in a row. Boyd B knocks them out and he gets the boot? Wow........

It's sad when the players and parents buy into a coach and his system and its working and then the school officials forget where their pay checks come from! The taxpayers need to fill the building at the next board meeting and voice their anger!

So this coach went to the playoffs every year, had a winning record and got fired?

so let me understand this. Coach takes to the playoffs several years in a row. Then this year takes a bunch of young players to the playoffs and he gets fired??? As someone else on here might say, "what kind of mess is this"?? Who would accept a job where even with success you could be fired. Don't make sense !!!!!! Edited by pegleg

I don't have a dog honestly. I hope they lose every game. I will say this. Their players play dirty. They have flat out injured two important guys of ours the last 2 years with dirty, non football, hits. In one case a metal cleat stomp. Maybe someone caught wind of that. There is certainly more than the typical "different direction" political speak.

so let me understand this. Coach takes to the playoffs several years in a row. Then this year takes a bunch of young players to the playoffs and he gets fired??? As someone else on here might say, "what kind of mess is this"?? Who would accept a job where even with success you could be fired. Don't make sense !!!!

I was asking myself these same questions about that Moore man.

I'm no expert in the hiring and firing department, but something seems a little strange about this one.  I would guess there are things afoot that the public is not aware of or I can't see where Eagleville was going with this.  No knowledge of the coach or the administration, but without an explaination from the brass this deal is too confusing from a general viewpoint.  Either someone got big strings pulled or there is something unseen.  Either way, it isn't a good way to do business with a man's livelihood or reputation.  Right now, it looks like the brass has some explaining to do.

Kaz

Amen. He made Eagleville a desirable job when they were anything but that when he took over in 2008

I wouldn't say it was un-desirable. They were in the playoffs and were region runner-up in their 3rd year of varsity football. Built a game field and a practice field. Established a strength and conditioning program for all athletes (that was non existent prior). All with a bunch of kids who had never played a down of football before 2002. They were competitive from 2004 and on. Had several all state players named during that time ... and all of that while playing in a much different region than they have been in since 2009. Cascade, Forrest, Jo Byrns, Whitehouse Heritage, Collinwood, Wayne County, Columbia Academy .... just to name a few from the regions they played in before the reclassification.

More than 100 applicants when it opened last time.....

un-desirable? I think not. Don't step on those that built that program from nothing. A lot of players, parents, coaches and administrators worked long and hard to get it going .... with very little initial support from the county.