OAK RIDGE WILDCAT FOOTBALL 2018

WilleTheWildcat

4 hours ago, catswild said:

Did we have the scrimmage or not? I’m out of town. 

They did, but it was hard to tell what was what. The team and the talent was split 2 ways.  The format was 10 plays per series.  I only saw the last 30 min of the scrimmage, so I missed most of the scrimmage.  From what I did see, we still have some holes to fill on defense, especially at linebacker.  I thought the lines played well even though most of them are young.  Best depth there since Gaddis has been here.

I did not see anyone kicking. I only saw Booker and RJ at QB and both of them had their moments.  I understand Gibbons had a good outing.  

7 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

They did, but it was hard to tell what was what. The team and the talent was split 2 ways.  The format was 10 plays per series.  I only saw the last 30 min of the scrimmage, so I missed most of the scrimmage.  From what I did see, we still have some holes to fill on defense, especially at linebacker.  I thought the lines played well even though most of them are young.  Best depth there since Gaddis has been here.

I did not see anyone kicking. I only saw Booker and RJ at QB and both of them had their moments.  I understand Gibbons had a good outing.  

Thanks. I talked to a friend who was there. He also Gibbons did good and a small receiver looked real good. He said Booker looked great running but could improve on passing. He agreed that with things split up, it was had to tell exactly what we have. He said there was lightning soon after they stopped, so they were lucky to get it in. I’m worried about the lines but excited about the season. 

There's enough talent and coaching on our side to make it to the playoffs again this year. Very good speed and a couple of the real fast guys still running track. #22 (red) looked real good catching the ball. #3 or #24 the aforementioned receiver will be fun to watch. More size more toughness upfront.  Just a real lackluster format. 

I thought the team looked pretty good.  Herbert is a very dynamic runner with the ball when he keeps.  He will cause alot of problems for defenses.  Can take a broken play to the house at anytime.  Had an 80 yarder on a broken play yesterday.  I thought he threw the ball pretty well.  He was 3-5 with one drop and one long touchdown pass and no int's.   No injuries was a great thing.  Scrimmage only lasted 1 hr.

SI did I see last year's #23 down there roaming the sidelines?

51 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I thought the team looked pretty good.  Herbert is a very dynamic runner with the ball when he keeps.  He will cause alot of problems for defenses.  Can take a broken play to the house at anytime.  Had an 80 yarder on a broken play yesterday.  I thought he threw the ball pretty well.  He was 3-5 with one drop and one long touchdown pass and no int's.   No injuries was a great thing.  Scrimmage only lasted 1 hr.

SI did I see last year's #23 down there roaming the sidelines?

Yes you did!  He is still healing up from surgery, but doing well.

I think we have a great group that will go deep in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, catswild said:

Thanks. I talked to a friend who was there. He also Gibbons did good and a small receiver looked real good. He said Booker looked great running but could improve on passing. He agreed that with things split up, it was had to tell exactly what we have. He said there was lightning soon after they stopped, so they were lucky to get it in. I’m worried about the lines but excited about the season. 

I am less worried about the line, especially on defense.  I am more concerned about the kicking game. A lot to replace there.

2 hours ago, atrisk said:

There's enough talent and coaching on our side to make it to the playoffs again this year. Very good speed and a couple of the real fast guys still running track. #22 (red) looked real good catching the ball. #3 or #24 the aforementioned receiver will be fun to watch. More size more toughness upfront.  Just a real lackluster format. 

Do you have names with those numbers or did you just use numbers because you don’t know the names?  I have no idea who they would be by those numbers since all three numbers graduated

1 hour ago, boyfromsi said:

I am less worried about the line, especially on defense.  I am more concerned about the kicking game. A lot to replace there.

I’m worried more about the O line than than the D line, but I have no clue who will replace the big nose guard and the all state end. You’re right about the kicking game....no idea about that