How Good will Jeff County be this year?

ScoutOne4U

Most all of the talk has been about the QB, WO, and RB's, but for JC to win it will be the boys up front that make a difference. Who is playing the O & D line?

The other postions I have not hurd much about is LB & DE, who are these guys and what are there height, weight and speed?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all of the talk has been about the QB, WO, and RB's, but for JC to win it will be the boys up front that make a difference. Who is playing the O & D line?

The other postions I have not hurd much about is LB & DE, who are these guys and what are there height, weight and speed?

825702729[/snapback]

I would like to know that as well. Without a good O-line you could have Joe Montana as QB but he won't have time to even see a receiver. Same goes for the D-line. If you can't stop the other teams offense you will not have time to run any plays.

How about the 'special teams'? They are almost a forgotten part of the game apparently. They can make a difference in winning and losing.

825702729[/snapback]

The o-line is a major concern, we are young and small up front, something you never want. Both lines are small and inexperience actually, our entire defensive front 7 is gone. Jefferson Co will have to try to win games starting with the skilled positions, which is never a good thing.

I wouldn't be so quick to label McFall as an "option type" qb. I saw him air it out on numerous occasions at Jeff Middle and he has a very capable arm. He also comes from the only "passing" middle school in the county so he did a lot of it last year, in addition to breaking off some big-gainers with his legs.

Also, is Tyler Stepp playing football this year? With his height and leeping ability, he would be a great addition to the WE/DB positions.

Also, is Tyler Stepp playing football this year?  With his height and leeping ability, he would be a great addition to the WE/DB positions.

825702998[/snapback]

I don't think Tyler is playing football. He didn't show up at any summer workouts. His dad thinks his basketball career has too much of an upside to play football and/or Tyler didn't get a special invite to work with the varsity and I think that hurt his dad's feelings.

I don't think he could play at the varsity level this year due to his lack of strenth and aggressiveness but he has a great upside for the upcoming years....he is a good athlete....just get his dad out of the picture and he will make a difference next year and on ....if he plays.

825702729[/snapback]

I don't know any names but an assistant coach told me the line would be smaller but quicker and not afraid to hit you.....I predict that the line will be acceptable except for the bigger games/teams...OR/DB I think those 2 games will show some weaknessess that will improve over the next year or so....all around

The thread got deleted because I requested a moderator to close it.  Sandman is right......kids religiously read the T. You folk can tear a program to shreds with your "observations and opinions." Not only are many of your words hurtful to the players, but they are hurtful to the coaches and their families. Coach U has a  daughter that goes to Jeff cty. Now I don't know about any of you...but I would not want my daughter  to read such pompous drivel by the so called "loyal" fans.

Get behind the team...offer encouragement. Sandman, you are doing it the right way. What a RELIEF that someone there has some brains.

GO JEFFERSON COUNTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

825699835[/snapback]

I dont know why you people get tore up about things that people say. That is what makes football, football. People have their own opinions on things and people. Players should not be hurt by what people say. That should make the players want it more. It should make them want to work harder and play harder. To prove everyone wrong. Take Campbell County for instance. Noone has ever had anything nice to say about us. Eventually we got tired of hearing what people had to say. It is a sense of motivation for the players and coaches. The best thing to do is for a player or a coach not to say one word about what other people are saying because when you are in the weightroom and at practice, its a family and the only people you have to worry about are the team. The only other thing i can say is to do the nike-- JUST DO IT!!

I dont know why you people get tore up about things that people say. That is what makes football, football. People have their own opinions on things and people. Players should not be hurt by what people say. That should make the players want it more. It should make them want to work harder and play harder. To prove everyone wrong. Take Campbell County for instance. Noone has ever had anything nice to say about us. Eventually we got tired of hearing what people had to say. It is a sense of motivation for the players and coaches. The best thing to do is for a player or a coach not to say one word about what other people are saying because when you are in the weightroom and at practice, its a family and the only people you have to worry about are the team. The only other thing i can say is to do the nike-- JUST DO IT!!

825703152[/snapback]

Trust me CC the boys are stocking up on the negativity to prove people wrong but some of the post are so ridiculous that it does make the kids mad. Unknowing post and rumors are running rampant and it does create uneasy feeling. Coming Aug.26 we'll be OK.

825703152[/snapback]

it is hard enough 2 get along on a team full of teststosterone w/o having 2 doubt what ur coach is saying or 2 get jealous of the press that sum1 is getting when fans act like they are the whole team. becuz sum so called fans like to play god.

my guess is that flashy is talking about Alcoa. Shiverdecker has previously had family attend alcoa from what i'm being told. This would be a heart breaker for the Jeff Co. program and a welcomed addition to the already LOADED Alcoa program. If it's true think of the backfield tandem the tornadoes will have. LINDSEY AND SHIVERDECKER! that's scary. Jeff Co / Alcoa fans, what's the word out of both places?????????????????????