CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on another message board. Got crossed up on the reading...part of it belongs here...

I am sure Smyrna will be as they were last year...they were 3rd in the Region behind Riverdale & Lebanon. As for who the underdog is in LaVergne/Smyrna, the pre-season picks have LaVergne where they ended up...last. That is not really a fair assessment. All I am saying about LaVergne is that they are substantially better than 2004. Now, whether that means 10-0 or 0-10, don't know...they are better this year. Also, 2004 has 38 players that depended heavily on seniors playing both sides of the ball...2005 has 70 players with a few players playing both sides on goal line only. As for their starting QB, he was 9th grade 2 years ago...this is not his 1st year. He scrambles too much (in my opinion), but has a rocket for an arm. The destiny of this offense is with the Receivers & O-Line, in that order. If the receivers catch, the opponent is in for a long night... As for the starters only lasting 3 sets of plays, I suggest talking to the O-Line, but you better have on protective gear...they whipped Lincoln County physically & on a roughing the passer play by LC-Def, the Center went nuts! Thomas had to pull him off the defender. No joke or boasting, the O-Line is lean, strong, & edgy. As for LaVergne's defense, they need some help on the inside LB & Safety spots, there are some speed/reaction issues, but they still have a week to get it together. The D-Line, especially DE are very big, quick, & athletic. That could be where Smyrna's big man will be tested for the 1st time this year. I am sure he will do good, but I am always in for a good competition. One thing Smyrna had last year that was impressive was their kicker. If it comes down to a field goal, I would bet on them...just because of those 60 yard kickoffs last year.

Of all the Week 0 Games, I think this one has the most in regards to the rest of the year. If LaVergne wins, confidence abound...if not, well it will take a lot to rebound with their schedule.

Siegel[/url'>_Senior_ptII' date='Aug 11 2005 - 09:50 PM']Yes YOU do have to have confidence...I can sit at my house now and actually post what I think and feel without having to hear about it the next day haha... I wish them the best of luck and hope that do well this year, but it wont be easy for them... and just remember... "Touchdowns are not given, they are earned"... So time shall tell whether or not Siegel put in the work and did the things that needed to be done to be successful this year or not...I hope they did and hope they make me proud to be a former Siegel Star... I know my bball boys will  thumb

haha true...oo man cant wait till bball season...gonna be another great year...but i think they have put in alot of hard work and it will show this year

And i wish them the best of luck as well... Hibdon leaving might have more of an effect than people might think... He was a very knowledgeable guy, and knew a lot about the game itself...

But I think Siegel football could get on the map over the next few years... Some of the younger guys have some talent to offer but the question is will Watson be able to get it out of them and will he able to use it to get some success and turn some eyes towards the program... I hope Alsup can help guide Watson and the players to where they need to be... Alsup is a good coach with a little bit of knowledge of the game of football... Hopefully he can get the younger guys whipped into shape and get them focused on where they need to be focused... And hey maybe just maybe, the playbook this year will consist of more than 4 plays... who knows?  :lol:

825714099[/snapback]

yeah but i guess we will have to deal with that when bball season comes around...but yea hopefully alsup brought alot to the program...

Siegel gets beaten by Oakland at Freedom Field on Sept 2nd....

825714158[/snapback]

I have to agree with this assessment as Siegal has got to recover from the R'dale game first. Oakland does not have to face R'dale until week 10.

Sometimes timing is everything! :)

Maybe we will have another Hurricane so I can see this game. :D The Zeke vs Matt matchup should be interesting.