Knox News Sentinel names Alcoa #1 team in area

VitaVol

Weak, as usual.

825721097[/snapback]

it's hard to match your standard .. i just wilt under the pressure !!

i hope , and i think most Maryville fans do too , that Brandon Warren gets to play . Maryville has their own problems to deal with though , our starting QB is recovering from a concussion , and our starting middle linebacker is out . let's just both bring what we got , and get it on !!! There should be no excuses .... who ever wins ...... wins

Edited by pepvol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor widdle hoofy/vita , you get your estrogen mixed up with your roids again ?? Maryville doesn't " hate " Alcoa , we think of Alcoa as our little " kid brother " . Of course we like picking on our little " kid brother " , but we're still there for them if somebody else is picking on them .

You on the other hand , are like the bratty , snot nosed punk kid brother who wears ladies undergarments , and goes whining to momma that "we cheated " , or " they recruit " , or " they can't use that flag " !!!  waaa , waaa , waaa !!! Now go to your room !!! :ph34r:  :)

825721007[/snapback]

Yea Vita, you just got destroyed. Speaking of Alcoa, what was Brandon Warren thinking getting ejected last night witha huge lead and a game vs Maryville next week?

Well, first i would say that if somebody had you around the throat you would throw a punch too. Maybe your more controlled than that but i know i would have. And for Vita, you need to quit making ignorant, insulting posts about a high school football game. You are giving all the true alcoa fans a bad name. I don't know you but i would guess you never even played hs football. However, on the topic i don't believe alcoa being the number 1 team in the state is farce. Maybe their not, but they deserved to be mentioned in that conversation especially since the season is just getting started and talent is all we have to judge by. Two of the next three games will really test that talent though. See ya'll on friday at Goddard Field. Go Tornadoes!!!!!!!!!

Well, first i would say that if somebody had you around the throat you would throw a punch too.  Maybe your more controlled than that but i know i would have.  And for Vita, you need to quit making ignorant, insulting posts about a high school football game. You are giving all the true alcoa fans a bad name. I don't know you but i would guess you never even played hs football.  However, on the topic i don't believe alcoa being the number 1 team in the state is farce.  Maybe their not, but they deserved to be mentioned in that conversation especially since the season is just getting started and talent is all we have to judge by.  Two of the next three games will really test that talent though.  See ya'll on friday at Goddard Field. Go Tornadoes!!!!!!!!!

825721193[/snapback]

Man you said it best.

I don't blame Mr. Warren for defending himself, but in organized sports it is always the wrong thing to do under the rules. I hope the best for him but on the other side of the coin the rules are the rules and it comes down to what the officals say. If ejected for most reasons, he will sit friday night. I hope the same standard applies to all involved. Talking to some of the Maryville players this morning, they all said they wanted "Brandon to play this friday but If they had thrown a punch, GQ would'nt be asking for an appeal", from the TSSAA. If I were Coach Reid I would ask for one no matter if the kid was a star or otherwise.

When will we know anyone have an idea? Was the action caught on film?

This is from the TSSAA website:

In contests in which registered TSSAA officials are involved, the officials will immediately notify the state office with both a telephone call and a written report if players are ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. In sports where registered TSSAA officials are not used, it will be the responsibility of the principal and/or coach of the player involved to report this incident to the state office.

On the ejection of a student athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be the suspension of the student athlete from participation in the next contest(s) at the level of competition for the specified number of contests played during a week in the particular sport (one game in soccer and football, two contests in all other sports). In addition, the student athlete is also suspended from participation in the same number of contest(s) at any other level of competition in the same sport.

Alcoa is cocky. I'll give you that but before you put hex on them for it has anyone read the little witty saying this guy signs off with. "We're better than you." yeah okay thats not being cocky at all.

825720332[/snapback]

you must not be familiar with who i am. if you are saying something about me being cocky. because everyone on here knows im them ost cocky poster on coacht. but moving right along. warren is an idiot. he should have known better than to do something that would jeapordize him from being able to play in the most talked about game of every season. this just proves that alcoa plays for individual players, and not the team. and how about dustin lindseys stunning performance of...less than 100 yards rushing, man what an amazing runningback...no. i just think alcoa has got it coming to them next week, warren or no warren, its his own fault. we are going to kill them

you must not be familiar with who i am.  if you are saying something about me being cocky.  because everyone on here knows im them ost cocky poster on coacht.  but moving right along.  warren is an idiot.  he should have known better than to do something that would jeapordize him from being able to play in the most talked about game of every season.  this just proves that alcoa plays for individual players, and not the team.  and how about dustin lindseys stunning performance of...less than 100 yards rushing, man what an amazing runningback...no.  i just think alcoa has got it coming to them next week, warren or no warren, its his own fault.  we are going to kill them

825721469[/snapback]

With or without B, we're still gonna work y'all. i play both ways we have more talent still than maryville without him. Maryville will not beat us!

and how about dustin lindseys stunning performance of...less than 100 yards rushing, man what an amazing runningback...no. 

825721469[/snapback]

I bet if you were to ask dustin which he would rather have, 200 yards rushing a game and no state title, OR 80 yards rushing a game with a state title, he would say 80 yards and a title. That's the type of kid he is, unselfish. he'd rather win w/o the godly numbers. if the numbers come then that's great, but i can garuntee you that he would rather have another championship w/a 1,000 yard season.....scouts already know what he can do, he doesnt have to prove it w/numbers.

With or without B, we're still gonna work y'all. i play both ways we have more talent still than maryville without him.  Maryville will not beat us!

825721499[/snapback]

First, most of us down here in Maryville don't like it when raider calls a kid an idiot, that is uncalled for and does not show the class of a program such that Maryville's is.

Secondly If Coach Reid knew that panashell was really a player and talking that smack about how talented he thought he was, he would have a coniption!

Third, Lindsey is good enough he'll get his 1000 yards and more over what could be a 13-15 game season, every team will not be big time on "D" and he'll have a field day in some games. The only draw back for him is he will be sharing with the transfer from Jeff Co., which will hurt his numbers as he would like his stock to go up as they say. He'll get his yards if he stays healthy.

As for the Maryville game Warren playing or not; Not many kids will get 100 yards on the Rebels this year. Sure, it could happen but if Warren is out it is one less key player Maryville will have to worry about. And in my opinion the best player Alcoa has is Warren. If he can not play the worst penelty you could impose on a kid is where he has let his team mates down in a big game.

Agree a scrimmage, nothing more nothing less. 

"Unmatched college prospects"  LEONARD!!!???

You think Alcoa could hang with Memphis last year, the team Maryville beat 7-6 in the 4A state game?  Not even close.  Memphis is packed this year and me thinks they will be one of the best this year.  Alcoa is a good 2A team and will do well this year given everyone stays healthy.  I  mean they allowed Huntington 41 points last year in the 2A game.  Yea, I know this is this year, but let's hide and watch to see how they do.  I don't think they will be touted as the best in the state this year in all classes.  2A, Maybe time will tell.

825720041[/snapback]

Here you go again FB thinking that 4a is unstoppable!!! I don't care what classification a team is in if they can play, then they can play!! We will just have to see what happened on Friday!! Personally I don't think the Rebs will be able to handle Rae or Brandon if he plays!! thumb