MBA vs. Trinity(KY)

TheBigRedDog

Trinity will be good, as they always are, and their QB (Petrino), while small, has looked good in 7-on-7 play and preseason scrimmages from what I've read. I did read that Trinity lost one of its top DTs to an ACL injury last week; perhaps some running lanes will be open if MBA's line steps it up a notch.

If last week's game didn't light a fire under MBA's players, nothing will. I'd love to see MBA play with a little more emotion this week. I think MBA will be ready to play this one. Losses aren't fun, but that Byrnes team last week was a juggernaut.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO TRINITY.  i predict a 34-19 score.  mba is just losing its prestige

825727114[/snapback]

Losing prestige? playing two of the countrys top programs is losing prestige? And what prestige does BA have, besides the infamous silver balls that are filling the trophy case..

oh and by the way i have no affiliation with MBA, just respect.

Looking forward to coming down to Nashville again!

Trinity knows they're playing a tough team in MBA, and have not let last week's game diminish their respect for MBA.

Petrino impressed a lot of people last week. There was a lot of doubt before the season because of his height, and what limited action we saw of him last year. The kid can throw the ball though! He was accurate, and I saw one throw that was +55 yards. His receivers are speedy, and have good hands. The RB, Donald Barnett is a horse, and will be hard to stop.

Defensively, I believe there are some questions. After the first series, though, Trinity's defense really buckled down and never gave up another touchdown. The secondary was speedy, and the D was able to get to the QB fairly often.

I think this will be a great test for Trinity, as our first week of the season was our bye, and the game last week was actually a scrimmage. MBA will be our first actual game of the season.

I heard that MBA is ranked 23rd on the USAToday 25?

Congratulations!

Edited by rockmom

Losing prestige? playing two of the countrys top programs is losing prestige? And what prestige does BA have, besides the infamous silver balls that are filling the trophy case..

oh and by the way i have no affiliation with MBA, just respect.

825727670[/snapback]

Where does this thread mention BA and why are you so interested in BA's silver balls? I thought this thread was to discuss MBA vs Trinity. If you want to talk about BA, start a new thread.

As for MBA, they will be fine. Last week's game is over, and I am sure they have moved on. there is no doubt that MBA learned from it and will play a much better game against Trinity.

MBA should have a much improved showing against Trinity and the following week against MUS. If the Big Red were to take another bad loss at Trinity it could become a very interesting season. While MBA has a great coaching staff and good players they do not have the skilled position players that they had with Coach Bowers and when Coach Rutledge first arrived at MBA.

Looking forward to coming down to Nashville again! 

Trinity knows they're playing a tough team in MBA, and have not let last week's game diminish their respect for MBA

Petrino impressed a lot of people last week.  There was a lot of doubt before the season because of his height, and what limited action we saw of him last year.  The kid can throw the ball though!  He was accurate, and I saw one throw that was +55 yards.  His receivers are speedy, and have good hands.  The RB, Donald Barnett is a horse, and will be hard to stop.

Defensively, I believe there are some questions.  After the first series, though, Trinity's defense really buckled down and never gave up another touchdown.  The secondary was speedy, and the D was able to get to the QB fairly often. 

I think this will be a great test for Trinity, as our first week of the season was our bye, and the game last week was actually a scrimmage.  MBA will be our first actual game of the season. 

I heard that MBA is ranked 23rd on the USAToday 25?

Congratulations!

825728005[/snapback]

Last year Trinity had great talent at wideout. What is the situation there? It looks like this season that speed and athleticism will be hard for the Big Red to defend, although I do expect them to improve as the season goes on.

Last year Trinity had great talent at wideout. What is the situation there? It looks like this season that speed and athleticism will be hard for the Big Red to defend, although I do expect them to improve as the season goes on.

825728129[/snapback]

I will venture you were talking about Craig Kircher, and he's returning, as skilled as ever. Steve Orndorff is a slot, and probably the fastest receiver on the team. Another receiver is Kyle Flynn, who caught the +55 pass last week. I failed to mention that a defensive player tiped the ball right at the goal line, but Flynn adjusted and caught the pass after the tip, in the endzone. He really impressed me.

MBA's opponent from last week (Byrnes, SC) is the one ranked in USA Today.  They were truly an awesome team.  Hopefully the 62-14 score has Trinity underestimating the Big Red!

Have a good trip down to Nashville, rockmom.

825728118[/snapback]

Sorry, rollredroll...we aren't looking at that score and underestimating MBA! :D

Trinity, of all teams you may play, understand the occasional negative consequences when playing the best to be the best. We fully expect you will have learned a lot from that game, and that the players will be FIRED up to avenge not only that loss, but their loss to Trinity last year. Remember, 2 years ago, we lost our first 4 in a row, before eventually righting the ship and winning the 4A State Championship.

Sorry, RRR....we've been in your shoes! :o

Where does this thread mention BA and why are you so interested in BA's silver balls?  I thought this thread was to discuss MBA vs Trinity.  If you want to talk about BA, start a new thread.

As for MBA, they will be fine.  Last week's game is over, and I am sure they have moved on.  there is no doubt that MBA learned from it and will play a much better game against Trinity.

825728028[/snapback]

chill coach mac..