OS at Coalfield

Informer5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If memory serves me correctly, you (OS91) referred to Kayla Christopher as Kayla Brown, and last time I checked she has never been the assistant coach at Oliver Springs. A talented freshman on the high school team, but not yet old enough to help with Wright and his class program. Just to let you know, Kayla's mom is an assistant on the high school team and she might have been a Brown. As for the remark about OS dominating the Morgan County teams in football, there is nothing I can say to dispute that because that is the way it has been over the years."

This is getting amusing. You are really searching now.  I suggest you head  to Partner's Pizza and order lunch and a contemplate a new approach to getting one up on me ( which will never happen).

Again, what are my factual inaccuracies Mr. Sportswriter ( LOL)?  Are you denying that Oliver SPrings has only lost to Wartburg and Coalfield 7 to 8 times all together and NEVER lost to Sunbright and Oakdale  As Bad as the Coalfiled all time series is of 20-3 or so, Wartburgs is close to 50 wins for OSHS to only 5 losses.

OUCH.......  This is why you are boethered, right?

825740588[/snapback]

91 you are very amusing. Coalfield and O.Z. have played more that 23 times in my lifetime. They played from the 1930's until 1980's nearly every year. Who knows what the real record is but KingB will be a He!! of a lot closer in his Wednesday edition on the records than you are here.

Get your facts straight.

BTW, are you sure you're not from W'burg? You sure sound like it.

Ok this is how I see things. Coalfield and Oliver Springs have a fantastic rivalry and thats good, but The Jackets will bring home the win. Even though OZ has a good defense, but so does Coalfield... Our offense is not at its peak right now but when we played Oneida that was Keith's first starting game at QB and he did suprisingly good. I know about the overall records that really doesnt matter. Oneida has beaten Coalfield 44 times to Coalfields 18, but Coalfield is the only team to beat Oneida 4 times in a roll and the only team I know of to beat Oneida by 28 and the only team I know of that has skunked Oneida so really records dont mean diddily SQUAT!

I pick the Jackets by 14 or more and I will even bet an OZ fan/player 20 bucks.

Peace out!

:D

I think KingBrian was saying in an earlier statement that Kayla Christopher wasn't old enough to help Coach Wright on the bench as an assistant coach. Kayla is going to be a great player in high school, but I don't think she'll be playing Friday night.

As far as the football game goes, OS and Coalfield is the best rivalry in the Morgan/Roane County ares (IMO). The communities are so close and they have a lot of bad blood when they play. It will be am emotional game Friday night with a lot of hitting.

I think the key to victory will be whoever can complete a few passes. I doubt either team can mount long drives if they try to be one dimensional. I don't think a team has to throw a lot, just somplete a high enough percentage to keep the opposing defense honest.

why would the guy be from wartburg if he's sayin they have the upper hand in morgan county? its a lil obvious he's form o.s.

825741335[/snapback]

I'd just asked a question. Further, I said he sounded like those boys out there. I have heard that attitude all my life from burg, O.S. well they are just a wide spot in the road toward civilzation.

Coalfield, the Garden of Eden. It was surrounded by desolation.