Tennessee Titans....

well, its finally here boys. some good ole Sunday football after all these months of watching steroid popping baseball players take up my ESPN time. what do yall think is in store for the Titans this season? with me being a big fan and all, im praying that some how we can come away with a winning record but it seems like wishful thinking. we got a good backfield with 2 guys that are capable of being feature backs in the NFL, a stud reciever-Drew Bennett, a couple of probowl caliber guys on defense-Bullock and Haynesworth, a former mvp at qb, a offensive co. coming off a national championship, a first round draft pick that cant hold on to the ball, and a whole lot of youth and castoffs taking up the rest of the starting spots. the schedule is atrocious to start the season, a good chance we'll lose the first 5 or 6 games...but who cares, atleast we get to see some football again. its gonna be tough watching us get pounded again all season but look on the brightside, we've got a real shot at gettin Matt Leinart in the draft next year. anybody think they got a chance at having a decent year or is this season down the drain before it ever starts?

yall check out my signature when you get done reading this....

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy and I am not a Titans fan, but I think they have a real shot of going 8-8! This is a young and very exciting team and I think as the season plays out, you will see them improve by leaps and bounds!

825745283[/snapback]

I agree with you I actually would not be surprised to see them go (10-6) or (9-7).

I hear people say how bad they were last year but I didn't think they were bad at all. The offense still put up a lot of points with Volek under center its just that all season over half of the defensive starters were on the sidelines in "street" clothes. I think for the final 4 or 5 games there were only 5 or 6 guys who were actual starters playing on the defense.

its good to see that some of yall still have faith in the Titans, but all of the veterans cut to get under the salary cap is just gonna be killer....its almost impossible to make up for the loss of perenial probowl guys like Smari Rolle and Derrick Mason, but they do have some young guys capable of filling their shoes its just gonna take time. i think the offense can be better than last year. the O-line is weak but they've got alot of talent at all the skill positions. Bennett showed he can be a #1 wr last year, Calico has drawn comparisons to TO, Ben Troupe is a freak athlete at te, some people expect him to break out and have a season like Antonio Gates did last year, Brown and Henry are both good enough to be starters for about half the teams in the league, and McNair is looking better than he has in years, but if he goes down with an injury the offense wont miss a beat with Volek in the lineup. if the defense can just play decent they have enough offensive fire power to play with most teams in the league.

Edited by btowntigers

Titans are looking at another losing season and here is why

1. Drew Bennett did not prove last year he could be a number 1 reciever because he had Derek Mason lined up opposite of him. Bennett did not get the attention on defense that he will get this year. Time will tell if he can handle the pressure of being the man on offense.

2. Tyrone Calico's potiental is all I have heard about since he was drafted. He has yet to prove anything as well. If he can stay healthy he could be a special player but that is a bif IF.

3. Trouble in the backfield, yes the Titans have two great running backs, but both have been slowed by injury in the preseason and I think that will be a common theme for the season. At least one will go down for the season by week 8.

4. Return Game- The Titans releases Edwards and now has no proven return man on their roster, they promoted a practice squad player to do it against the Steelers.

5. Secondary- This is what worries me the most. If you can't stop the passing game in this league you will get ran out of it. They must improve quick if they Titans won't a .500 record.

Call me a pessimist but that is what will hold them back this year.

I hate to start with an IF but IF all the Steelers are healthy and start this game, the Titans will get murdered.....dead.......smashed........squashed......fried to a crisp! :unsure:

PS.

Hopefully my call on the Steelers will help the Titans win one, they certainly have not looked crisp in the preseason..... :o

Edited by ERA

I hate to start with an IF but IF all the Steelers are healthy and start this game, the Titans will get murdered.....dead.......smashed........squashed......fried to a crisp! :unsure:

PS. 

Hopefully my call on the Steelers will help the Titans win one, they certainly have not looked crisp in the preseason..... :o

825746529[/snapback]

This team may set an NFL record for 45-31 losses.........

Gosh was THAT ugly!!

No tackling, no football players in the secondary, no defensive linemen putting pressure on the Super Soph, no help from Bennett, fumbles, . . .

On the bright side, they returned kick-offs decently and didn't fumble the few punts they saw.

McNair looked great, the offense looked great on the first series. Then turnovers hit. With the Titans defense, you're going to have to score just about every posession.

Next they play the Ravens with 0-2 are strong probability.

Edited by fromthetop2

I have to say that the game was ugly but I was very impressed with the new Norm Chow offense. I think if they don't stop there self they could put up a lot of points because for the most part the Titans moved the ball down field on the Steelers as much as the Steelers did on the Titans defense maybe not as quick but they still moved the ball. They just need to find away to keep from dropping & fumbling the ball when there inside the other teams side of the field.

For the defense it looked like the Steelers ran the same off tackle play gaining 5 & 6 yards all day that is going to have to be stopped. Now as for as the secondary go put Pacman Jones in the game and let him learn on the job. He has quicks and moves that might make something happen that the other guys don't.

I thought the return game did a very good job. :thumb:

I thought the offense looked good early on, until a few mistakes turned that around. They were moving the ball pretty well, the missed FG and Drew's dropped pass changed the momentum.

Special teams looked much improved on returns, glad to see that.

As far a defense, what defense? Their performance was flat out embarrassing. The amount of missed tackles is inexcusable. Period. Tank, Sirmon, Thompson, even Bullock were arm tackling, or just trying to knock people down with shoulder blocks. Inexcusable.

The real test will be next week, if our defense makes Baltimore's toilet-worthy offense look good, then you know we are in trouble on that side of the ball. Man Baltimore's offense reaks......